So confused by all these foods!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by airgirl, 7 December 2010 Social URL.

1. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

Hello everyone,

Well I have joined slimming world online, after losing most of my weight via a meal replacement diet.

I'm doing it to lose the last stone and get into a healthy eating pattern but I am sooo confused by a number of things, If one of you lovely ladies or gents could help me out I would be most greatful.

1) Online I only have the choice of EE, years ago I used to follow red/green days and am now confused about eating carbs with proteins?

2) Are there lists of foods which are free but not fresh, ie...supernoodles, microwave rice etc etc. These used to be my saviour!

3) I am really struggling to eat, crazy as it sounds I have had 6 months of a liquid diet, just a day on food and i feel stuffed. I know this is all mental...any tips on getting over it would be fab lol.

BUT my main issue is how this diet now works.

An idiots guide to it would be great, I just don't think the website is very clear or explains it very well. Sadly I had already paid my money before I figured that out.

Thanks in advance.xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm surprised you can't see red or green days on there, that's a bit odd!

Did you want to do red and green or are you happy to do EE?

On EE you can have protein (meat, fish, pulses) and carbohydrates freely but must have a third of each meal as superfree foods (ie veg not including potatoes, parsnips, peas, sweetcorn, broad beans)

You only have one A choice and one B choice
    You have up to 15 syns (the current recommendation is 10)

Hope this helps you. xx

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Also, you should be able to check syn values of things on there so you'll find Batchelor's low fat supernoodles are free, Batchelor's savoury rice is free (some have low syns), and a few ready meals too but best to check the free food lists on there.

5. *Pogle*

*Pogle* Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You definitely can do red and green on BodyOptimise - I am on BodyOptimise and do mainly green.

When you're on BodyOptimise, click on ''Getting started, our healthy eating plan'', and then at the bottom of the list that opens up, there is ''Our other plans''. That is where you can see/download the info for red/green.

HTH

jaylou likes this.
  6. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi airgirl theres a thread on here for newbies explaining all the plans it's well written and explains it clearly good luck on losing ur last stone and well done on what u've already lost :)

7. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

Thank you so much ladies.....Have found the section I need!!

Was obviously too keen downloading and didn't read the small bits properly. Thankyou.xx

Now if anyone can remind me how to update a signature??? lol.xx

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.