Extra Easy So Disappointed!!

WannaBeSlim

:cry:
I've been doing SW Extra Easy for 5 days now .. and sticking religiously to it ... synning my syns, having my 1/3 superfoods and lots of veg and fruit for snacks and I've not lost a pound .. I'm so disappointed and disillusioned .. I want to stuff my face with junk ...

Any advice from seasoned SWers ...

Average Day

Brekkie - coffee with skimmed milk, banana and litre of water ...

11 or so ... 2 boiled eggs with small brown pita OR poached egg, beans and rasher in a wrap ...

snacks, carrots, apple, pear, FF Yoghurt (Activia FF or Muller Light)

Lunch is usually a fruit salad .. on the run .. sometime a big fruit pack from M&S .... and snack carrots

Dinner - SW Spag Bol or Steak with SW Chips or Butternut squash roasted or Fish (no batter), mushy peas, corn etc ... or Chicken Curry and Rice ...

And then most of syns .. either 28g of choc and a biscuit or crisps and cans of Diet Coke!

Where am i going wrong? Close to giving up but really enjoying the healthy aspect of food .....

I didn't loose any weight in my first week and i felt exactly how you describe.. But i stuck to it and it is slowly paying of. I have lost 2 lb this week.. Which doesn't seem a lot but i am so happy about. From what you have put as your food diary looks really good. I don't think it is something your doing wrong. Peoples bodies react differently, just hang in there a little longer!! xx

If it's not your official WI day then what the scales say today bears no relation to what they will say come WI. Also if you go to class, home scales can weight very differently to SW scales.

A few comments on your menu though -

- there is no superfree in your 11am meal
- which pitta bread are you using - only asda and coop are HEBs
- which wrap - they can be very high in syns
- - not much superfree at dinner either as mushy peas and sweetcorn don't count

Just some thoughts - but don't give up as the slimming war is not won or lost in one week

Thanks girls ..

Allie1904

I will do the full week alright ..

Trying to cut out bread so thought pitta or wrap would be best .. didn't syn them as had them as HEX - so will change that asap ...

Alilou21 - I had hoped to lose a good bit my first week as I've a good bit to lose (ideally 7 stone or more) .....but will keep it up!!!

The steak was fillet and was trimmed of the small piece of fat that was on it ... also I only ever use extra lean mince ...

Its little things that you think 'wont hurt' that add up! That little bit of steak fat could have cost you an extra 1-2 syns! Make them few suggested changes and I bet you see a difference. Best of luck for your official WI x

allie1904 said:
I've been doing SW Extra Easy for 5 days (do a full week!) now .. and sticking religiously to it ... synning my syns, having my 1/3 superfoods and lots of veg and fruit for snacks and I've not lost a pound .. I'm so disappointed and disillusioned .. I want to stuff my face with junk ...

Any advice from seasoned SWers ...

Average Day

Brekkie - coffee with skimmed milk, banana and litre of water ...

11 or so ... 2 boiled eggs with small brown pita (syns?Not all pittas are a HEXB) OR poached egg, beans and rasher in a wrap (syns? No wraps are a HEXB) ...

snacks, carrots, apple, pear, FF Yoghurt (Activia FF or Muller Light)

Lunch is usually a fruit salad .. on the run .. sometime a big fruit pack from M&S .... and snack carrots

Dinner - SW Spag Bol extra lean mince? or Steak fat trimmed? with SW Chips or Butternut squash roasted or Fish (no batter), mushy peas, corn etc ... or Chicken Curry and Rice ...

And then most of syns .. either 28g of choc and a biscuit or crisps and cans of Diet Coke!

Where am i going wrong? Close to giving up but really enjoying the healthy aspect of food .....

You've only done it for five days, this is not enought to be able to say thay it's not working, sometimes after those 7 days is does litterally drop off overnight.

Stick at it.

xxx

Keep at it am sure you will see results soon!! ?

I hoped to loose a bit in my first week too.. but sometimes that doesn't happen. Loosing it at a rate that your body is happy to is much better! You will get there.. Just believe in yourself! xx

i made the mistake of weighing myself midweek during my first week and my scales said that i hadnt lost nethin... i felt like crap cos i had been so good but when i had my 'actual' weigh in, i had lost 3 pound.... i have since ditched my scales lol and only use slimming world scales xx

Hiya as others say you've not done 7 days yet. I find my weight never shows correctly until day 7.

For example on day 6 I weighed 12st 11lb (which would have been a gain) but when I had my weigh in (day 7) I weighed 12st 9lb. I did have a STS but I'm preggers so that's my aim

As you can see from my example, had I taken notice of the scales before my 'real' weigh in I would have had a 2lb gain and felt like cr&p

Just keep going, you're doing really well x

Thanks everyone ... I will keep at it .. just having a moment of anger/weakness but will definitely knock the wrap/pitta on the head and check my book for Hex values .. doing it online (or rather started way before Xmas but had somethings going on so had to stop) ... but doing it on my own now .. I will get there .. have holidays booked for mid-July to the sun so need to look half way decent and feel better about me than I do now!!

Great to have somewhere to "talk" to like-minded people .. appreciate it all folks!!

Certainly check out those Hexs, but what strikes me is that you are probably not eating enough.

Nice long lists, but take out the cofffee with skimmed milk, litre of water etc, you are eating:-

Breakfast - a banana - 80 cals worth?
Lunch - fruit salad

Dinner is good, and snacks are good, but if you really have 100lbs to lose you should be eating more than this. Don't make the mistake of thinking you need to get into diet food mode and live off fruit and carrot sticks. Firstly, you won't be able to do it long term. Secondly, if you don't eat enough your body will hang onto everything because you are starving it. When you have a * week or have a salty meal you might even end up gaining and think you need to cut back even more.

A week isn't long enough to get a picture of what is going on, but I think you need to be eating a lot more than what you are. Make sure you know what you can eat within the plan and make sure you eat lots of foods at all three meals, plus snacks. You can tweak your portions later as you lose the weight.

Do not stress yet! You are doing really well!
Also you mentioned in your syn section diet coke - it's free
Xx

Well I was struggling and mite I add about to give up !! Same as you guys but a few weeks into it so had a word with my consultant and she told me to do 2/3 super free and a 1/3 free ... So the opposite way round and she was right still have the occasional week were I don't loose but I'm ok with it now ... Never hungry on this diet :) :)

It is really important to check your syns, i usually plan and check what im eating the night before or in the morning.

I asked my husband to buy some wraps thinking they wouldnt be too bad, and they were 9.5 syns each! waste of syns lol wont be buying those again.

Good luck xx

You need to eat more!! This diet only works if you feed your body well.

If you spend a bit of time planning and preparing food, it'll save so much time and make it much easier to follow.

mia_angel said:
It is really important to check your syns, i usually plan and check what im eating the night before or in the morning.

I asked my husband to buy some wraps thinking they wouldnt be too bad, and they were 9.5 syns each! waste of syns lol wont be buying those again.

Good luck xx

WW wraps 5 syns :)

Hi I 2 lost very low first week but as others said I tryin to stick to foods I kno I'll keep eating ;) loving sw now best of luck ;)

mia_angel said:
ooo forgot about those, they dont sell them in my tesco...they are quite small arent they lol

Lol yes small !!! Make SW wedges or chips to go with them :) xx

Back