So Here We Are Again - The Weekend

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Welsh Chick, 2 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Welsh Chick

Welsh Chick Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Is it just me or does anyone else find the weekend's exceedingly hard to stay on plan?

I have no problem during the week because I am in work, but come the weekend when I'm out and about with the family I really miss not tucking into tea and cake and then on Saturday night while watching a good film, having a bottle of wine and chocolate.

The last two weekends have taken all my strength and willpower, and I have done it by going slightly over on my syns by only having one bottle of lager and something like a creme egg.

Just wanted to pass on my feelings, sorry if I sound so negative.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. meme

meme Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(27.02%)
    Diet:
    restarted 7/1/13 started slimming world 30.03.2010
    hiya i know how u feel!
    its the weekends i always fall off the wagon!
    2day went swimming with kid's & friend's they all went 2 the cafe n me & my kid's came home, as i could nt order a milky coffee and use all my 15 syn's!!
    so came home & came on hear lol

no u dnt sound negative at all, ur just saying wot most people will be thinking!!
    so good like 4 the weekend!!!

4. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Try not to beat yourself up Welsh Chick!! It is difficult to make changes and sacrifice things, especially if you've had a routine (eg tea and cake with family/wine & choc watching telly etc)! Perhaps you could find alternatives to these things- make a cake from a SW recipe for example and have just a small slice with a cuppa, and have your chocolate, but just a little bit, and just a small glass of wine! You can easily build these things into your syns, and can allow yourself more if you save syns up from the weekdays which, as you say you find much easier!! I think we really have to fit SW around our lifestyle- it's so important if we're going to stick to it! It just takes a bit of tweaking that's all! And if you find it really hard, just lower your expectations a little and aim for 1/2 lb a week or something! You only have 12lb to go, so you'd still be at target by September if you lost at that rate!!XXX

5. Chelsea

Chelsea Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(14.08%)
    Diet:
    Who knows !!
    I find weekends really hard too, it is just so hard to be good when you are out of week day routine. I tend to be super super good during the week and then more relaxed at the weekends..seems to work for me as I have had fairly steady weight losses....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.