So here we go

Just a quick update as there is football to watch ;)

Loss of 5 lbs this week...2 stone award as well as Club 10 woot woot...back later

Just a quick update as there is football to watch ;)

Loss of 5 lbs this week...2 stone award as well as Club 10 woot woot...back later

Gosh that's amazing - the stones are disappearing - bet ur so chuffed - you really deserve it - enjoy the footie !

Jus popping by to subscribe!

Your attitute is amazing and you have definitely encouraged me to keep up the hard work! Will definitely keep track of your journey! :)

Jus popping by to subscribe!

Your attitute is amazing and you have definitely encouraged me to keep up the hard work! Will definitely keep track of your journey! :)

Welcome (if that's ok to say when it's not my thread!) looking at ur stats - u must be sticking to the plan too - well done!

Hi ..

BTW Upndown...Fantastic weight loss this week, well done!! Same to be said for LJ and, of course, anyone else reading who has also lost this week.

I have been a bit quiet of late one here.. been having a pretty crappy time of things and, as is usual practice, I've just wanted to eat rubbish foods. However, these baby steps I have been taking have obviously been working well as I have resisted every possible urge to ruin all of the good work I've done this week. Please believe me when I say "If I can resist the temptation in all of this adversity I've faced, then anyone can" ...

Honestly...to anyone who is reading and is struggling, there is a light at the end of the tunnel you're in right now. This is as much a mental battle than anything else. Yes, we love our food (all the wrong foods mainly) but you really can stop eating all 'that stuff' , lose weight and feel a zillion times better than you do right now. It's a comfort thing for me, food - I can actually see that now...I've tended to think I overate because of the low opinion I have / had of myself..."May as well eat and look disgusting, no one would like the look of me anyway." < This is all wrong...I reach for food to comfort any negativity that comes alone at any given time...Safe to assume I was pacified, as a child, with food/sweets etc when I was upset. Although this is an easy assumption to come to, it's the one that makes most sense.

A couple of days this week, that demon has been with me but all I've kept telling myself is that I refuse to use food for comfort and food is not going to stop me feeling bad/upset/angry/annoyed or any number of emotions - it just won't. I do understand that I have to find a way of dealing with those emotions, away from what I've been using for 35 odd years...Perhaps talking about things is the simple answer or going for a walk, a drive, doing some chores or something else, just can't let it be food I use...Not now, not ever again...It's a strength of mind thing.

In the five days or so before the 7 th January (my first day on plan) I made some very strong mental notes about how I was feeling and how it felt to do certain things (no need for details). I made sure I kept thinking about how awful I felt etc. So on Monday was I stood in my kitchen with aforementioned demon on my shoulder, I recalled some of those mental notes and it sent shivers down my spine...it really did make me determined to convince myself never go back to where I was before, the thought of going back there actually sickened me!

I know how tough this is, as well as anyone on here I know just how difficult it is but it can be done, we can achieve this...albeit in baby steps. It's a daily (sometimes hourly) battle but it's something which can be achieved. I'm just so sick and tired of feeling so down, depressed and upset because of my weight - it really is time to change.

Fat2go, everything you said is true for so many of us. I believe the only way for us to understand and learn how to deal with the demons is to talk about it (or write about it), as we are doing. I am finding it helps me immensely. That is only half of it though. The other half that helps is reading other people's thoughts and comments. Thank you for being so open about your feelings regarding your weight and the struggle you are going through. Keep doing it and I hope it will help you as much as it helps others.

Your 5lb loss this week is phenomenal! Well done for sticking to plan through adversity. As you say, if you can do it then so can the rest of us. We just have to find the strength of will. It's in us somewhere!

I hope you dont mind me subscribing? x

Of course I don't mind :) - Happy to have you here...

Today I'm 'off plan' - It's a conscious decision and I'm perfectly fine with it. Having said that, I haven't gone mad. I've been out for lunch and decided to have a 'Stack Burger' - it was obscene in size with cheese and bacon in between each burger + fries. I didn't eat it all, found the strength to leave about a third of it, even though my mind is shrieking that leaving it is a waste of money but I ignored that voice. I didn't have pudding either and having not had breakfast (lunch was quite early) and not feeling like eating dinner, it shouldn't be too bad.

Despite the rigid nature (so to speak) of keeping to plan I also feel it's important to do this every now and again. What's important to bear in mind is that it's once every six weeks (or longer), it's important not to go 'mad' buying and eating everything in sight and most important of all, make sure it's just one day and straight back on plan tomorrow...I've kept to all three of these things so far. If you factor in that I was wondering around Tesco's earlier, knowing I was off plan, and didn't go and buy myself a cake etc just for the sake of buying and eating it. Kids are having a treat tonight (fish and chip shop) but I won't be having anything at all. Oh and I have to make a large portion of my 'famous' Brownies later (no, they haven't go anything in them they shouldn't have lol) and I won't be having any of those either, despite them being truly yumscious.

Oh, I did make some SW Ferrero Rocher earlier today...They aren't too bad in all honestly.

So that's it...A conscious day off plan today (next one won't be for nine weeks!) but I'm completely comfortable with that :)

Happy Valentines day to you all for tomorrow - hope you're spoilt rotten as you all deserve to be!

Last edited:
I consider you to be very brave having an off plan day. At this stage I would not trust myself or take the risk. The only off plan eating I will do is an occasional meal in a social setting. Never a whole day. I hope I will learn to handle off plan eating better than I can now.

Happy Valentines to you fat2go. I hope you have a lovely day.

I consider you to be very brave having an off plan day. At this stage I would not trust myself or take the risk..

In a sense it's a good test for me...I didn't set out to make this a test but having mulled over what you've said, I feel I can handle a whole day 'off plan' - I do feel strong enough and I'll just hop back on the saddle tomorrow. The good thing is that I didn't 'fall off' in the first place, it's not like I succumbed to a bad moment or anything like that :)

As I said, I'm going to incorporate a day off plan (once every six weeks) into my whole journey, it'll be nice to look forward to going out for lunch or dinner or a drink once every six weeks!

Of course I don't mind :) - Happy to have you here...

Today I'm 'off plan' - It's a conscious decision and I'm perfectly fine with it. Having said that, I haven't gone mad. I've been out for lunch and decided to have a 'Stack Burger' - it was obscene in size with cheese and bacon in between each burger + fries. I didn't eat it all, found the strength to leave about a third of it, even though my mind is shrieking that leaving it is a waste of money but I ignored that voice. I didn't have pudding either and having not had breakfast (lunch was quite early) and not feeling like eating dinner, it shouldn't be too bad.

Despite the rigid nature (so to speak) of keeping to plan I also feel it's important to do this every now and again. What's important to bear in mind is that it's once every six weeks (or longer), it's important not to go 'mad' buying and eating everything in sight and most important of all, make sure it's just one day and straight back on plan tomorrow...I've kept to all three of these things so far. If you factor in that I was wondering around Tesco's earlier, knowing I was off plan, and didn't go and buy myself a cake etc just for the sake of buying and eating it. Kids are having a treat tonight (fish and chip shop) but I won't be having anything at all. Oh and I have to make a large portion of my 'famous' Brownies later (no, they haven't go anything in them they shouldn't have lol) and I won't be having any of those either, despite them being truly yumscious.

Oh, I did make some SW Ferrero Rocher earlier today...They aren't too bad in all honestly.

So that's it...A conscious day off plan today (next one won't be for nine weeks!) but I'm completely comfortable with that :)

Happy Valentines day to you all for tomorrow - hope you're spoilt rotten as you all deserve to be!

Hi - I like the idea of having off plan days - but don't think I have ur willpower yet! WOW my idea of hell wd be to make choc brownies and not even have a nibble - resisting Tesco's goodies - then u say the family are having fish & chips and u just get the aroma - does red blood run thro' ur veins?

Seriously tho' - ur thread is well named - but think u've now ARRIVED - realise u have a way to go yet but it's great to hear how far u've come - really, really well done.

Hope u too have a good Valentine's!!

Hope ur having a good wkend?

One wonders about all this you know...Having the dubious ability to go from 'Full of hope, promise with the will to succeed' to something that's the complete opposite in just a matter of hours. How can it be that you feel so strong and so determined and so happy that you're doing so well to suddenly succumbing to every little whim to overeat or eat the wrong stuff.

None of it makes sense really...One minute you're stood in the shower, in tears, because you're stood in the shower because you've unable to clean yourself properly after going to the toilet. And from that humiliation, from that despair you suddenly snap and go about fixing that one thing that really does repulse you about yourself- the obesity, the fat the health problems. So on your merry way with good intentions and you begin to do well, you lose weight, your food intake lessens, the food you're eating is healthier...you quickly become happier, your clothes fit a little better, energy returns, you're happier, you're more determined....you're succeeding but....but for whatever reason or reasons, none of that is good enough.

All hell breaks loose, your memory stops working- you suddenly forget how awful you felt just a few weeks before...Suddenly everything bad about being obese doesn't actually matter and you start convincing yourself you don't care about being 'x' amount of stones overweight and it's fine to shovel 5000 calories a day down your throat, it's totally nonsensical and beggars belief.

Does it simply mean I'm too weak? ... Probably.

Triggers? Well, if life suddenly biting me on the arse is a trigger then yes but I can't just use this as an excuse, life, in general, bites us on the arse several times a year. Strength is what's required....Too weak? Hmmmm

Today has been another long struggle...I'm unhappy that I've had to eat to a plan, I'm not wanting to do this right now, I'm having to and feeling like that is dangerous...but at least I recognise this. I have a friend, who I've not known for long who has been an amazing source or inspiration...She's a very, very special person and it has been her words and her encouragement which has stopped me from going under completely...Sadly there are people who are close to me who don't really seem to care if I'm doing well or not...Saboteurs? Maybe...but maybe it's just they don't understand how difficult all this is.

I will fight though, I am battling and trying very hard to keep going, to become refocussed and I understand I have to get through this tough time and, better still, learn from it. I'm feeling sorry for myself but there's no room in life for feeling sorry for myself, just buck up and get on with it all.

To quote from a film....... "Get busy living or get busy dying"

Back