So he's slipped up....

Zoesastar

Silver Member
My partner has been doing Dukan with me, we've nearly completed 2 weeks. He was adament we do the diet, said he'd be able to do it no probs blah blah

Yesterday I get a text saying "I had to have a sausage sandwich on brown bread coz I need something warm in side me"

So if that was me.... Id make a blooming cup of tea!!!! And now hes just sat and eaten a kit kat chunky in front of me coz "he fancied something sweet"

Well ive got a drawer at work full of chocolates, UNTOUCHED for 2 weeks!!! And I only took them so's not to be rude!

I WIN!!! :D

I'm sad for your partner...
You definitely won.
But we are all humans and sometimes it is hard to resist..
I'm already scared for my CONSO ( and it has not even started yet)!

Does he have much weight to lose Zoe? Is he keen on a restart or is that it for him?

I ask because a married couple at my work did Dukan a few years ago together. He got to target far quicker than she did - as men do tend to lose far quicker than us on this diet. When we congratulated him, he confessed to having eaten a Mars Bar almost every day! "Just the one", he laughed!

Infuriating!!

Just this weekend, I had a perfect Dukan weekend (possibly too many tolerated foods), and my OH had curry and rice as a "treat" (roll eyes!) on Sunday. We had both gained 500g on Monday's weigh in compared to Friday's! Go figure!

MEN!

Have you ever noticed that the really unpleasant unsupportive comments about weight loss being "easy" - the "its not rocket science - just move more and eat less" - tend to be men?

There really do seem to be some basic differences in the way most men and most women gain and lose weight (just look at the difference TOTM or the pill makes).

Damn it!

Have you ever noticed that the really unpleasant unsupportive comments about weight loss being "easy" - the "its not rocket science - just move more and eat less" - tend to be men?

There really do seem to be some basic differences in the way most men and most women gain and lose weight (just look at the difference TOTM or the pill makes).

Damn it!

Those are the exact words my hubby uses.... he can however eat what he wants and very rarely gains an ounce. He has even lost weight on my diet and the only meal he has with me is dinner... even then i slap potatoes, rice or pasta on his plate. Ive threatened to make him fattening puddings everyday so he can see what being overweight is really like :p

Maintainer said:
Does he have much weight to lose Zoe? Is he keen on a restart or is that it for him?!

I think he could lose another 9 or so lbs but he'd still be over weight according to whoever came up with the whole BMI idea. He would look ridiculous if he lost too much, he has massive shoulders but a tiny bum and proper man's legs!!

It could be it for both of us but we'll definitely be changing our ways!

My OH only started dukaning after he saw me lose so much, but then he doesn't really have much to lose. He's very coy about the exact numbers and whilst he certainly had put on a little podge over Xmas he wasn't v overweight. Now he's complaining he's sts - but I caught him downing an orange juice the other day - 'cos I need the vitamins and it's good for you!'

I think some men get quite competitive about it, and think we're just making a fuss, but then realise how much hard work has to go into really doing it properly and cheat like mad....
Or maybe just being supportive and then wish they hadn't...!

But to be honest, it's really his problem - youre doing fine. He knows the plan and He mustn't put you off your stroke, that's not fair. You go girl!

Back