So, How much exercise are you doing on Exante?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Magggie, 16 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    I am still walking an hour a day
    (which is half an hour in the morning walking into work, half an hour back to my car)
    but I was already doing that before I started Exanting myself (see what I did there :D )

I did an extra 20 mins wander around town this lunchtime
    but should I do more?
    Let me into your exercise secrets

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    I'm going to the gym for an hour a week, doing mostly strength & resistance training.

I walk the dog most days, not too far, probably 15-20 minutes or so, maybe half an hour sometimes. Hoping to build that up to include a bit of a jog in due course.

At the weekend me and the dog go a bit further afield (weather permitting) and do a longer walk, 3-4 miles on average.

Since last week I'm going swimming again, hope to keep to once a week for between 30-45 minutes. May go back to an hour of aquafit a week a bit further down the line too, but not planning for that just yet.

During my add-a-meal week I'm going to start doing some extra strength and core training on my equipment at home too.

I'm still wavering about buying a Wii-fit as well. :eek: Might do, might not. My sister has it, I really ought to go over there sometime to have a go and see if I like it!

4. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    For the first few weeks I didn't do any extra exercise. A couple of months in I started playing badminton once a week - that's a good calorie burner. I started Pilates classes once a week back in September which I love, I joined a gym early December and do Pilates, Body Balance and Aqua every week and if I can fit it in some resistance stuff. Need to get the finger out and go back to the badminton as well tho which tailed off around Christmas time.

I personally find that in abstinence less calorie hungry exercise suits me best - the core strength and conditioning stuff - I just haven't it in me to do more cardio stuff - I know I am pushing too hard when I get a smell of ammonia in my nostrils and feel a bit light headed which does sometimes happen in my aqua class which is quite an energetic one.

When I have finished abstinence I plan to introduce more calorie burning stuff.

Hope that was of interest and I haven't bored your pants off!#

xxx

5. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    ps. we have the wii fit and the novelty wore off really quick for me - too much standing around selecting the next exercise - I also found it was taking me nearly an hour and a half to do an hour of exercise because of the messing about between exercises.(I think the latest version is supposed to be more seamless and I considered upgrading but would rather go to the gym now I am paying for it).

6. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    last week - nowt. In any event, felt too ruff.
    This week - plan to get a bit of exercise in - either walking (as in today) or a bit of steppin'. but no more than 20 mins.

not going to overdo it though - I think the reason I felt so bleak on the last VCLD was that I was still trying to play squash, and the suchlike. On so few cals a day, no wonder I felt limp and drained and flat and breathless.

7. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    Peony, not boring at all
    you are (another ) inspiration (so many on this site!)

I think I won't bother with the wii
    if I loved my new hannah waterman DVD then it might have been an option
    I think I would rather go out
    but it's a bit of a solitary journey isn't it?
    OH walks and cycles too fast for me
    :-D
    I would like to try squash when I am thinner

8. Miss Demeanour

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Quite liked squash. You didn't have to run very far. ;)

9. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    My boss and colleague really go for it

Must be fun to do it as much as they do

although they are both on injury holiday as they tore muscles/tendons in their foot

10. Miss Demeanour

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Probably overdoing it. But injury is an occupational hazard (as is death, for overweight middle-aged businessmen). I just used to end up bruised. I wasn't much good, just used to play the then boyf and maybe one of his mates. Nothing serious. But used to give it a good go, though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.