So i reached my goal

trw1972

Well, in time for christmas i got to my desired goal, at 5ft 11 im now 12st 2. And my partner has made it clear im NOT to lose anymore (ive lost around 30lbs in 4 months).

Now im in the strange phase of 'maintenance' and a little unsure how to keep weight stable (it should be easy shouldnt it? :) )

For the last 4 months ive been living on a strict 1750 calories a day (little sugar, little fat, high protein and high fibre). And weight training 5 times a week.

Now, how many calories would you go to? would you stop counting calories altogether? or move to say 2500 calories?. Its amazing how aware ive become of calories in food nowadays.

Would you keep up the weight training as well?

Finally, im just curious how people plan to deal with the christmas break, with all the associated parties, alcohol, turkey etc? :)

Thanks

Cheers Mrct, it just seems an awful lot of calories after being strict for months...and i know that sounds silly ;)

I had planned to stay at 154 pounds but the stress of having to stop calarie counting and the worry of putting it back on made me want to carry on to 140 pounds

well done on your achievement, good luck maintaining, sorry Im clueless about calories so cant advise you.

Thanks for the gratz ;) and dont worry, im going to go to 2500 calories, and monitor things quite closely ;)

The last thing i want is to gradually creep back up the scales.

First of all well done on your achievement. Secondly how about increasing to 2000 cals to start with for a few weeks and see how that works for your body rather than jumping straight to 2500 cals. In relation to the weights I personally think you should continue but you could reduce it down or vary one of your gym sessions so it isnt solely weights. Whatever you choose you do seem determined so I am sure you will find what works best for you and your body. All the best xoxo

Back