So maybe zero tolerance wasn't the greatest of ideas... So let's try again :)

13 lbs down today. Which according to my ticker means I've only got to lose two more stones and I'm at goal. Wow.

I'm sitting here in a dress today even though the weather's crap, I'm figuring, 'hey, it's a bank holiday, for heaven's sake'. :D Mind you, I'm wearing it with thick woolly socks... Kind of spoils the picture. :)

But there's a chance that next summer this dress will be too big. Nope, hang on, I'll try that again.

Next summer this dress will be too big for me, so if I don't wear it now, I'll never get a chance to wear it (that's better :)).

Maybe we'll have an Indian summer...

13lbs, bloomin brillopads, well done you! As for the dress, wear it and feel good no matter rain or shine!

xx

lily - well done on your losses so far and your determination. Fingers crossed I shall still be posting on here in a weeks time!

:D

One stone in 11 days...

That'll do nicely.

:bliss:

And oh look, I'm not obese anymore... :D

Thought I'd better post something as it's been a couple of days. Still going strong. Got down to the heady lows of 12st 4lbs yesterday, but went out for a meal with my Dad and his girlfriend yesterday, and although I thought I chose wisely (all low carb stuff and a total calorie count for the day of under 1000 calories) my weight's bounced back up to 12st 6lbs. I'm pretty confident that's just the salt content making me retain water though. So I'm drinking drinking drinking :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: to flush it out LOL.

Gotta really start hitting the revision hard now. Don't feel like it at all, but the thought of failing another exam is reasonably motivating, LOL.

Sigh. It is Saturday, isn't it? :)

So it's been 6 days since I last posted here and...

I've lost the plot. :( Big time. Ever since I went out for that blo*dy meal. I wish I hadn't eaten anything now. I thought I'd be okay, didn't eat any carbs. But the meal out just set off this whole chain reaction. My Dad and I have had a fairly rocky relationship in recent years and although the evening went well, just seeing him still stirred up feelings that I thought were over. It's a long and complicated history and I won't go into it here, I've even had counselling for it, if anyone's wondering whether I need help. I just think it's a time thing.

I ended up eating chicken and then ham on Saturday night, managed to sole source on Sunday but then spoilt it by drinking three quarters of a bottle of wine. I got very tiddly and felt awful on Monday. So feeling awful, I ate, in an attempt to feel better enough to get some revision done. As I've mentioned before, I've got an exam coming up and I really don't feel at all ready for it.

And now--well now, we've got a friend coming to stay for the weekend, and I know damned well that I'm going to have a tough time getting back to CD while everyone around me's eating pizza and drinking wine.

So much for zero tolerance, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't really know what to do. Logic suggests that I just go with it, for the weekend. Eat with the others and then get back to CD on Monday. But then, I don't know whether that's logic, or whether it's just one of those chatterboxes that the ex Lighter Life people talk about. See, I've got a feeling that if I try to SS, I'll end up having three packs--and then bingeing on top of them.

Why does it always have to be famine or feast? Why is it that I can be 100% perfect on sole source for days on end, but that when I fall off the wagon, I have to eat everything in sight, even if I don't really want it? What kind of idiot am I? I'm supposed to be an intelligent woman, for heaven's sake.

Oh well, enough of my ramblings. Suffice to say, the ticker below isn't exactly accurate right now. Add about 7 pounds to it (which yes, I know is all glycogen and water mostly--but it won't be if I carry on like this).

Anyone got any advice? I could sure use some right now...

Hi Lilly, I think you need to go back and read your first post, and even the title of your thread "Zero Tolerance" and theres your answers.

Ask yourself a question....

"Do you want to lose weight or do you want to spend more time flaffing about in the overweight BMI section"

"Are your friends coming, just another excuse (again refer to your first post)"

I'm only being straight up with ya, cuz thats what I think your asking from replies to your question. You've had 6days off the plan in one way or another, if you add another weekend to it, then yes those 7+ lbs will be more than water and glycogen, it could take you a week to relose the extra weight (trust me I'm an expert at flaffing myself :p ), so that'll be TWO WEEKS wasted.

The decision is yours :p

Hi Lily, I think you should bite the bullet, get back on track 100% and SS from here on in. If you have the weekend off, it will be even harder to get back on track and you will have added even more to the 7lbs gain. Try to picture yourself on Monday/Tuesday and reflecting on what might have been if you SS'd all weekend and got back on track. You would have lost the 7lbs (easily) and be well on your way down to your goal. Remember your first post on this thread, ZERO TOLERANCE! Weekends with friends will still happen once you are at goal. Do this for yourself hun x x x

I'm sure you're right. That's absolutely what I should be hearing. Absolutely what I should be doing. But having been off the wagon for 5 days now, it's incredibly difficult to scramble back on. What's infuriating is that I stuck to sole source 100% for 7 months. I lost five and a half stone. As everyone seems to say, the first run at this diet is by far the easiest. I wish to God I'd kept going until I got to goal--but I went on holiday, stupid me, and thought maybe I could eat for a week. Big mistake.

Anyway, thanks for the truly motivating and supportive posts. I'm sure once I've stopped crying I'll actually appreciate that you bothered to post at all.

What did I expect, after all? You to pat me on the back and say "there, there"? Actually, that would've been nice. Never mind...

Last edited:
Aw hunny, don't beat yourself up, you are only human! Things always come along and get in the way, whatever we are doing, you can only do what you think is best for you at the moment darling. Don't get down, because that will only make it worse. You need to be strong to deal with this diet malarky and if you are down, it certainly won't help x The other thing you shouldn't do is look back and regret - at the time, you thought it was the best thing for you. You can only learn from it, and move on. Get through the weekend as best you can, and then start again on Monday hun. Sending lots of hugs hun, and don't get upset and cry x x

Aw hunny, don't beat yourself up, you are only human! Things always come along and get in the way, whatever we are doing, you can only do what you think is best for you at the moment darling. Don't get down, because that will only make it worse. You need to be strong to deal with this diet malarky and if you are down, it certainly won't help x The other thing you shouldn't do is look back and regret - at the time, you thought it was the best thing for you. You can only learn from it, and move on. Get through the weekend as best you can, and then start again on Monday hun. Sending lots of hugs hun, and don't get upset and cry x x

Thank you. I'm sorry I lashed out. Just felt rotten enough as it was...

So Zero tolerance didn't quite work out...

There's a bit of me that would like to delete what I wrote yesterday, but maybe it should stay... It's how I felt at the time, and I guess everything I write here is about learning how to do things differently next time.

Ho de hum. Once again, I apologise for my bad behaviour.

So...

As I think I'd just be setting myself up to fail if I try to do CD today, I thought what I'd do is low carb over the weekend to get myself back into ketosis, and then climb back aboard the CD wagon on Monday. Realistically, there are just too many temptations around, what with having a friend to stay for the weekend (and what appears to be a fridgeful of meat and poultry :)).

But if I'm not back on CD on Monday, feel free to give me the beating up I deserve! :whoopass:

I will get there--I'm just gonna be a week behind schedule...

hi hun. just joined on here today and was readin all the posts since you started. I know EXACTLY how you felt being mad. I've felt like that loads. Here is a hug and a pat on the back "there there" cos god knows i've needed that before lol. I've just posted a thread in returners about how i have faffed about for the last month or so and got into the ss/binge/ss cycle in other words sabotaging myself big style ! plus i have no support at home, my hubby and mates think i should just eat and regularly encourage me to do so. and then the kids are the same "mummy your so miserable just eat something !"
AAARRRGGHHHHH
anyhow, i just read sassy's post on prep for ss, and i am seeing my cdc monday night after a crap week (dreading it) but have decided i am going to do low carb like you over the weekend, then gt back on SS next week. And i am going to try coming on here everyday to post, even if its just me reading it lol. It seemed to help you when you were being so good ! I'm at college as well, so added stress omg ! Not muxch motivation at mo but at least am still trying ! Will come on here and look for your posts. You can do it, and good luck - think of that lbd for xmas xxxbrinaxxx

There's a bit of me that would like to delete what I wrote yesterday, but maybe it should stay... It's how I felt at the time, and I guess everything I write here is about learning how to do things differently next time.

Ho de hum. Once again, I apologise for my bad behaviour.

Hey Lily, you said absolutely nothing wrong yesterday (in my opinion :p) I'm really sorry if you thought we were being harsh with ya, but to be honest (oops again, soz this is the way I am) you seemed sooooo strong and committed, and in my mind ya just had a wee slip and needed a nudge to get back up...I don't think us coming on and agreeing would have helped ya, hopefully our straight talking helped you in a way to refocus what is your actual goal....to lose the weight :D

So...

As I think I'd just be setting myself up to fail if I try to do CD today, I thought what I'd do is low carb over the weekend to get myself back into ketosis, and then climb back aboard the CD wagon on Monday. Realistically, there are just too many temptations around, what with having a friend to stay for the weekend (and what appears to be a fridgeful of meat and poultry :)).

But if I'm not back on CD on Monday, feel free to give me the beating up I deserve! :whoopass:

I will get there--I'm just gonna be a week behind schedule...

We are all human, OMG the amount of times I slip is unreal :giggle: but as a fav quote of mine that I robbed of another thread on here says " Anybody can quit. Anybody can do that. A winner realises the crime is not being knocked down, the crime is not getting up again" your not a quitter, you came on here said the truth, said why, said what your up against, and asked for help.

If your still interested in hearing what I have to say :eek: its get past this weekend, eat but eat as healthy as ya can, and get back to your original goal (thats how I manage the weaker moments)....it would be great if we could all be 100% perfect, but in reality this is a near impossibility

This forum is great for hearing other peoples journeys, and if ya can learn from others experiences then brilll...

You can do this, we all can, it just takes time :gen126:

Hi Lily

Can I join you with feeling down, as I DID NOT use my packs whilst in Cyprus - they are well travelled as they went there in my case, sat in the cupboard for a week (whilst I mostly lived on toast & sarnies) then came home again!

When I weighed the day after I got home I had gained 3lbs which considering what I munched my way through wasnt too bad but now probably gained another 3 lbs since!

Anyway I have found a Councillor who does a drop in type class so I have arranged to start on Monday evening so I am looking forward to that. I do feel I need a class type environment to keep me going but joining WW or SW is soooo slow, but hopefully going to a class & doing CD will be the answer, after all I lost the weight originally by going to a weekly LL session.

Dont beat yourself up, what's done is done, that's the way I am thinking anyway. :rolleyes:

Hope all goes well for you :eek:

PS Had a lovely time in Cyprus - 100 degrees! :)

Back