• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

So proud of myself :) :)

Pudgy Panda

Kir

good on ya, well done, i don't have the confidence to get into swim wear, hopefully once i lose some weight i will, casue i used to love swimming when i was younger (and slimmer)

Wendyuk

Well done! Swimmings great exercise.

Wannabeelovely

Silver Member
Blimey - thats a fantastic achievement in such a short time! Go you!!! xxx

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Well done to you.

Taz

Spam Hunter
Well done! I love swimming, it's great exercise. What size is your pool? 64 lengths of a 25m pool is 1 mile x

Pudgy Panda

Well done! I love swimming, it's great exercise. What size is your pool? 64 lengths of a 25m pool is 1 mile x

our pool is 20m so 40 laps would be 1/2 mile and 80 1 mile

have i got that right????:wave_cry:

laurz100

Well done that's brilliant. I am going swimming on Monday for the first time in about 16years!! I don't know if I can even still swim. I'm so nervous, but it shows how far I've come because this time last year I wouldn't have even entertained the idea. I just don't know how I'm going to manage to get from the changing room to the pool. Somehow it will happen though lol. xx

Pudgy Panda

Well done that's brilliant. I am going swimming on Monday for the first time in about 16years!! I don't know if I can even still swim. I'm so nervous, but it shows how far I've come because this time last year I wouldn't have even entertained the idea. I just don't know how I'm going to manage to get from the changing room to the pool. Somehow it will happen though lol. xx

good on you for going - its great fun!:D

can u bring a towel with you, i can honestly say that when i am in the pool i dont even look at anyone else cause everyone else is busy trying to do laps

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
I agree with Pudgy Panda. I barely take any notice of what people look like when they're at the pool-unless they're wearing a nice swimming costume that catches my eye :D I was really worried about going to the pool when I started swimming again last year, but everyone was so nice and friendly and it really boosted my confidence. I go to the lunch time adult only swim at my teeny local baths (tis an old Victorian baths, so it really isn't v big) and to be honest, most people that seem to go a cuddly ladies like me :D

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
I just don't know how I'm going to manage to get from the changing room to the pool. Somehow it will happen though lol. xx

i'm a size 24 and go swimming - put your costume on and avoid all mirrors and don't look down....then run for the pool! lol

laurz100

Lol thanks everyone. I've come down with a cold now which is a bit annoying but hoping it doesn't get any worse before tonight, because I don't want to put off going, or it will just get more scary. If that makes sense. I'll let you know how I get on xx

Faery

♥ On the road to a new me
So you should be! Well done! Hope you feel better soon.