So what's your current incentive and do we always need one?

I have to admit I find having something to work towards certainly helps me more.

I am going back to Florida on 21st June and I went 2 yrs ago weighing just under 15st and the way I am heading I will be well into the 12's hopefully currently 13.3
I feel so much fitter than I did then and I can't wait to get back to disney without worrying if I was going to be comfy in the ride and feeling self conscious in shorts :)

Can I just ask why you're with someone who speaks to you like that? That is so out of order it's disgusting! No one deserves to be spoken to like that, you deserve better!

Aaw thanks for your kindness hun,I,m always asking myself that! The truth is like a lot of women,i,ve a small child with nowhere else to go! Anyway I don,t want to put a dampener on this really positive thread-so go girlies!
Thanks again-Sal x

I have to admit I find having something to work towards certainly helps me more.

I am going back to Florida on 21st June and I went 2 yrs ago weighing just under 15st and the way I am heading I will be well into the 12's hopefully currently 13.3
I feel so much fitter than I did then and I can't wait to get back to disney without worrying if I was going to be comfy in the ride and feeling self conscious in shorts :)

But I also want to do this for ever, and stupid as it sounds I go to festivals fairly regularly and there is usually a fancy dress day.. Which causes me to actually feel stressed.. Get size 18 decent fancy dress was a nightmare, last summer was slightly better with a size 16 but I just can't wait to not have to search for plus size fancy dress.

Aww this is sad to read, i'm sorry you don't get the support you need.

Comments like that can go either way, I know as I had someone like that in my life once, you either think "ok your proberbly right" because your confidence has been battered by these sort of comments, or you can think right i'll show him and lose weight and kick his ass to the curb
I'm sure getting back to class will give you the inspiration/support you need and the weight loss will give you back some confidence to deal with these sort of comments.

Tbh it sounds like he's the one with the issues.

Good luck hun :) x

thanks a lot for your positive comments-at least he,s only nasty with his mouth now if you know what I mean.I wouldn,t mind but I only put the weight on with his child (at 45 yrs old!)
Thanks again Sal x

Nettie im sure your bf means it that he finds you beautiful.. But sometimes i think it takes FEELING sexy to be sexy.. You know? Thats how i feel anyways...
You should go see your sister though if yous are close...She will love you regardless, ive been everything from a size 8 to an 18 and my sis has been 18- 24 in the past five years and we dont think any different of each other... And then if youmdont see her for another 18 months you can do the wow reveal ;)

I think you are totally right, and I think you feeling happy and confident in yourself, which you start to get when you lose weight also makes oh look more attractive and sexy to others x

I dont think it sounds harsh at all Jezzi - we all have our reasons/incentives for losing. My long term aim is to keep the weight off as I feel so much healthier and im hoping it will help my arthritis. My short term incentive is my holiday, as I too am sick of not being able to wear skirts etc for the rubbing legs thing. The summer is the worst time when its hot and sticky, so I know where others are coming from on this point.

Also I REFUSE to buy the next size up clothes as I have lots in my wardrobe that will fit once I lose and theyre practically brand new ive just "outgrown" them
Lol! I loved the 'outgrown' your clothes bit-sounds so much better than 'they are too tight' alternative! lol!

I'm going to be a bridesmaid along with two younger and very slim other bridesmaids to a slim and beautiful bride at Easter time. I don't want to be the little round one in the photographs.

I didn't have an incentive when I started, I just decided one day that I'd go for it! Not sure where it came from but glad I did it. I actually turn 30 in July though so now I'm working toward a 2st loss for that and an extra 1/2 for my trip to Florida in October.

I didn't have an incentive when I started, I just decided one day that I'd go for it! Not sure where it came from but glad I did it. I actually turn 30 in July though so now I'm working toward a 2st loss for that and an extra 1/2 for my trip to Florida in October.

I am the same, this time round at least. I just decided I had had enough of gaining more and more weight so off I toddled one morning to my local group and now 16months later I am roughly 8.5stone lighter. I have actually been a member of SW a few times before, either to keep a friend company or on the lead up to my wedding. Those times I lost 3-4 stone and then put it all back on again and then some. This time just felt different and Is the longest I have ever stuck at it. I suppose my incentive now is to reach target, though not for any specific event.

I'm gonna be a bridesmaid too but not until next November so its a way off yet. But defo a target for my maintence.
I have a wedding to go to in May though and I would love to be at Target by then x x x

I'm going to Florida too in June (24th) and want to look halfway decent in shorts. I've got my ideal ME as an image to aim towards so positive mental thinking all the way

Mainly I just want to be thin for the first time since i was very young! I want to go into any shop and know I'll look and feel good in something..I know it'll really help with my confidence.

Of course I have things booked and I want to be thinner for, it'll make the experiences even better. I'm going to a spa within a 5* hotel with friends, that's mid feb so no miracles are gonna happen, but I want to get down to 13 stone for it. I have lots of gigs and birthdays coming up, which involve a lot of people. I'm going back to Italy in the summer, I don't want to get all hot and bothered. I want to wear shorts, dresses and skirts without my thighs rubbing!

I want to be happy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My incentive is too look slimmer for my brother in laws wedding plus I want to be back to pre married size lol. Im not really bothered how long it takes as long as it goes down lol. Im currently 11st 8lb and want to reach my target of 9st by June this year hopefully :D

Supergirl1980 said:
I am the same, this time round at least. I just decided I had had enough of gaining more and more weight so off I toddled one morning to my local group and now 16months later I am roughly 8.5stone lighter. I have actually been a member of SW a few times before, either to keep a friend company or on the lead up to my wedding. Those times I lost 3-4 stone and then put it all back on again and then some. This time just felt different and Is the longest I have ever stuck at it. I suppose my incentive now is to reach target, though not for any specific event.

Well done :)

I haven't had a holiday in three years so really hoping for one this year! It won't be anywhere hot or exotic but anywhere away from home where I don't have to do the washing up is a holiday in my books ;) x

Back