So what's your current incentive and do we always need one?

My incentives at the moment are quite big. Probably too big!

After struggling with my depression for the last 18 months, slowly getting worse, I had to give up my job, lost my bf, moved back in with my parents at 24 where we dont really get on and ended up in a&e two weeks ago with a really strong urge to kill myself.

So I know being slim will not solve all of this, but by eating healthier I will have more energy, therefore be able to deal and cope with my depression more. This means that I can then potentially get a job, become more independent again. Me and my ex are still talking and taking things slow. He could not cope with my depression. I hope that by getting myself fit and well again, we could have another go. We both still love each other, just couldnt cope with each other.

Obviously its more complicated than that. That was a very quick over view! But eating healthier might get me my life back. Thats a massive incentive right now. In a years time everything could be completely different. Wish me luck xx

That is an amazingly brave thing to share with everyone! Well done you!!
Weight loss wont solve everything but like u said it might help with self confidence and it can be a positive thing for you! - Who would have thought loosing something could be so positive!
Do you have a diary? I will come have a nosey if you do xx

That is an amazingly brave thing to share with everyone! Well done you!!
Weight loss wont solve everything but like u said it might help with self confidence and it can be a positive thing for you! - Who would have thought loosing something could be so positive!
Do you have a diary? I will come have a nosey if you do xx

Aww thank you! Weight loss can only be positive surely?! And its taken me a while to get to this positive point, but once you have been at the lowest point possible the only way is up! I don't have a diary, only started this profile/plan today but I do plan on starting one. I am pretty scared it might just turn depressive though... I will just have to stay positive! Thanks again xxx

Aww thank you! Weight loss can only be positive surely?! And its taken me a while to get to this positive point, but once you have been at the lowest point possible the only way is up! I don't have a diary, only started this profile/plan today but I do plan on starting one. I am pretty scared it might just turn depressive though... I will just have to stay positive! Thanks again xxx

How a browse through other people's - mine is depressive sometimes ( like last night) but write it down, ppl comment and it turns u right bk out of it!!
Stay positive :) xx

My incentives are wanting to be at target or at least a couple lbs above target by Download festival in June. Already bought tickets and SO excited, even though i had a good time at a festival last summer, i still felt really self conscious most of the time. Also have a cruise booked with the family in august, i would love to finally be comfortable enough to swan about in a bikini ;)

We are so similar! I want to be slimmer by June for the Isle of Wight Festival as I felt really self-concious last year. I also have a holiday to Capri in August (I usually do a cruise but fancied something different this year)!

I don't really have an incentive other than wanting to be slimmer and feel better about myself. I don't like how my clothes look on me at the moment.

Last year my incentive was for my sisters wedding as I was bridesmaid and had some horrible dress shopping experiences. That made me join slimming world in the first place and I'm so glad I did otherwise I would have just slowly and slowly kept putting on weight with the bad food I was eating.

my incentive is to have a baby, last month i had a miscarriage and i kept blaming myself and mostly my weight for it. I know it wasn't purely down to my weight but i think it did play a part. I never ever want to go through that again, i want to make sure the next time i get pregnant i am a healthy weight and in a much better place mentally and physically :) xx
Think that's the best incentive for anyone. I'm not planning on babies yet but I know that me losing weight now will put me in a better position for when I do want them.

sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, I had no idea. You've definitely done the right thing by getting straight back to it thoug, none of us will get where we want if we let things hold us back. X

How a browse through other people's - mine is depressive sometimes ( like last night) but write it down, ppl comment and it turns u right bk out of it!!
Stay positive :) xx

Unfortunately I can't read your diary as its on the silver member bit I think! :( xx

Unfortunately I can't read your diary as its on the silver member bit I think! :( xx

Oh yeah it is - sorry!! I'm a teacher u see so don't want any of my students coming across it! X

Oh yeah it is - sorry!! I'm a teacher u see so don't want any of my students coming across it! X

Ahh makes sense. I did a year of teaching and it caused my mental breakdown (bad experience! Long story) so know how that feels. Ill just have to stay here and keep posting some more! Haha x

Ahh makes sense. I did a year of teaching and it caused my mental breakdown (bad experience! Long story) so know how that feels. Ill just have to stay here and keep posting some more! Haha x

Oh no - was teaching not for u?? X

Well Mexico 2014 is officially booked so that is my main target. I did remember one of my other "incentives", it's not that I forgot it, it has just become second nature to me now, but I have Pulsatile Tinnitus which is basically I can hear the blood pumping through my artery that goes past me ear canal, it's hard to describe but it is like a Woosh, Woosh, Woosh sound to the beat of my heart, sometimes it is so loud I can't really hear people talking very well - there is no "cure" but it say a massive help is being a healthy weight to allow the blood to flow more efficiently and as it seems to be getting worse for me, this is my last way to try and sort it out really so fingers crossed it works!!!

Hi All,
I have just joined this website for inspiration to keep me on track with my new healthy life style! :)
I definately need "an event" to aim for, my Big event this year is my 30th Birthday but I have plenty of little events in between to work towards. The first is a trip to spain in two weeks and after that it's St Patricks Day.
I would like to lose 3 stone by August which is a pretty scary challenge but I am planning on giving my self a little treat for every half stone I lose!
Here goes....

I do need a goal to keep me motivated - I think eveyone does but it has to be a lifelong goal not a wedding in a few months time goal. I'd never tried to diet before, after seeing my mum try and fail at every diet possible over the years I didn't see the point. I just bigger and bigger .... and bigger - I ate for every reason bar hunger, I never allowed myself enough time to get hungry - then I saw my beautiful darling daughter start to get overweight and then borderline obese at 5, and there was only one person to take the responsibility. Me and my unhealthy eating habits.
So then the choice was an easy one, I'd walk over hot coals for my kids - who'd have thought saying no to toast could be more difficult! But I am doing it - I fail now and again but I lose a day not a lifetime.

I think that goals are fail safe motivation. mine is to reach my target (2 stone away) and keep to that weight for 4 weeks by the time i go to Glasto Festival. That way it's not just the hitting target, it's getting there and having maintained and worked through the kinks of changing plan to not lose but maintain.

I'm worried about hitting target because I've always (and i mean ALWAYS) had the goal/aim/dream/target to lose weight! Now that I'm so close, i don't know what I'm going to aim for :S kinda scary...

Back