So what's your motivation?

Mountains of motivation there, Donna. ;)
I know what you mean about the summer, too. One good thing about this diet is that you feel cold all the time so we'll be more chilled this summer!

LOL! Loads of motivation indeed! I am hoping to not be on this Summertime but I guess we will see what happens... if i am moody and snappy then I may rejoin if I am not here already, purely for a bit of personal air conditioning!!! Oh and I am ABSOLUTELY freezing all of the time.. I am actually having to use a hot water bottle about 3 times a day and all night in bed!!! I always get colder than most due to a wonky thyroid but this has ramped that up by about 100!! brrrrr!!!!! lol! x

LOL. Yep, I'm sitting on the sofa in 3 jumpers, fluffy bed socks and a hot water bottle. What a passion killer! ;)
On the bright side, I'm saving on deodorant!

LOL Ahh never thought of that!! ;)
I am not even enjoying an evening bath at the moment as I dread getting back out and getting dried off! Its taken the comfort right out of it and I am now dreading the shower/bath everynight, wheras before I used to soak for an hour and re-fill the hot!! LOL!

Know just what you mean about getting out of the bath!
My OH has just suggested a way of warming me up and he's even prepared to overlook the bed socks! Very noble of him, I think ... How could I refuse such a thoughtful offer?!

Im in bed fully clothed and a slankie blanket thing over me then my quilt over that, watching TV in bed and chillin but my hands are freeeeeeeezing

we are all just so god damn SEXY!! My OH hates me wearing pjs to bed - he calls em my passion killers...!! And socks is a no-go... but i have to wear em at the mo! I wore a cardi to bed the other night and leggings!! LOL!!

That's a great image! :p

I've just reread some of the reasons for losing weight on the earlier posts. Doesn't it seem crazy that you can have so much motivation on the one hand but it can all be wiped out by a stupid craving followed by a little lapse then a huge relapse!

At the moment I feel so positive and strong but there's always that rotten little diet demon whispering in your ear, "You're just going to put it all back on again!"

At least with LT, I can lose it quickly again? ;)

Sorry Leluna! I was laughing at Donna's nightwear, not at your motivation! I echo most of yours. X

I want to feel like I 'belong' in the family as apart from me, every female is a size 6,8,10!!
I want to be able to go upstairs without having to use my inhalers.
I want to feel good in my own skin, feel confident, n feel sexy ( for the hubby ).
I want to shop in river island n wear smaller clothes!
N many many more reasons I want to lose weight, the list goes on n on!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm with you on the whole River Island thing but I hate those shops where a size 14 is apparently XL!
Must be awful in a family of skinnies but maybe it's a good sign that your basic gene pool is a good one! Luckily my brother (who has always been thin and criticised me for being fat) is now putting on weight as I am losing it. Yay! ;)

My motivations are:
-I want to be able to buy clothes in a normal shop.
-To be at my best mates wedding and look and feel good.
-To be fit, so that my asthma will improve and i'll be more likely to concieve when me and my OH decide its time.
-To be confident in bed...instead of lights off
-I want to look nice in photos
-I want to be able to walk up a petty hill without wanting to die.
-I want to wear normal shoes instead of wide-fit ones.
-I want to not feel like an embarrasment to my friends, family and H2B, i'm sick of being 'the fat one'.

May all your dreams come true, Plym!
Our stats are similar so I know we can do this! Presumably your goal date is your best mate's wedding? You will be turning heads as much as the bride ... and be standing proud in all those photos! x

I'm sure all your wishes will come true, plym and jessie, nice to see local ladies close to me and mirrored my own wishes, so good luck all! x

Thanks Claire. Well done on losing another 6lbs last week. You're definitely a lady on a mission there! :D

My wedding in 14 weeks

to walk in topshop pick something up that i actually like and it looks good

Give me the confidence i used to have before kids

-To make my husband look and me and think "phwoar" and be able to accept the compliments
-to make my three girls want to be like me when they grow up
-to be the gorgeous bubbly friend not just the lovely bubbly friend
-to bring back my relaxed self confidence which I think got lost in an Evans' changing room in about 1995 :D

To not be ashamed of myself all the time.
To be able to stand in the front in a photo and not hide at the back.
To be able to walk without my legs getting sore from rubbing together
To wear fashionable clothes
To feel good and find the old me again

Great thread!

Be in control of my eating habits

To wear sexy clothes and underwear again instead of the frumpy safe black gear.. :(

Be able to go swimming, cycling with my daughter and husband, I always sit on the sidelines...

To be healthier, for hip and backpain to improve-due to being overweight.

Better sex life, to actually go naked probably TMI but I am so ashamed of my body!

To happily pose for a pic, instead of putting my hand over my face cos of ten chins!

Enjoying a holiday...

I could go on and on.... so many good reasons to do this!

Back