so when did you hit ketosis?

Purpleangel

Silver Member
hey guys,

i am on day 4 and apart from the odd hunger pang and the constant thinking about food i am doing well :) I have gathered all my willpower and going strong :)

However i don't seem to have hit ketosis. I thought i might be going into it yesterday as i had a bad taste in my mouth, however this morning i feel normal.....so wondered will i ever hit ketosis or do people go into ketosis without realising???

Please give me your thoughts on this...or experience ;)

You might be in it already! I find I only have the bad taste when I've not drunk enough water, it isn't a constant thing :) Plus the 'odd' hunger pang sounds good to me! My tummy really growls and grumbles in the first 3 days then i only get the odd pang like you describe.

ooh that sounds positive - i really hope i am there :)

hey hun
i didnt realise when i went back into ketosis and i think it can really vary for different people, also something to consider is the time of the day that you check your ketones. i always check in the morning. first time i did LT it took me 5 days to go into ketosis, second time round it took me 2 days. ive had a break this week and back on today so god knows how long or little it will take.

i did feel that i was in ketosis when i found that i wasnt hungry anymore and had more energy... and yeah very bad taste in my mouth. but then in week 2 i felt miserable and tired and had no energy.. but i was still in ketosis!.. do you use the sticks??

no haven't got the sticks. My pharmacist didn't mention them, but know of them cos of this board :)

I am not bothered peeing on a stick....as long as i hit ketosis cos i am worried i am going to maintain or lose a 1lb after all this effort...that would be very :mad:

we shall see...unfortunately i am nearly at totm - and notoriously never lose weight......eeeek :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But i still have my positive attitude...cos it can always come off next week i guess
:p

thats true! most people dont have a very very good weigh in when its totm but the week after they go for gold :) so i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Back