So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

If I have milk I have the full fat type - less carbs than the others. If you are a coffee drinker and have milk, I've been using single cream (the proper stuff not that elmea) instead :)

Water down double cream......I don't take milk but I'm sure that'll work ;)

Oh I, don't start that! You'll be fine and you can pic up scales at tesco for not too much.

I never weighed, just used the three mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day

I use half cream and half water in my decaff coffee - shake it up in a jar so it goes a bit frothy. Sorry don't drink tea - but eugh! even if I did - coconut milk - really??? :)

Recipes on Induction

I have been copying and pasting some of the recipes today off the sticky, but now am unsure if I should have any of them on Induction or should I just keep it clean?

I like that mince and cheese thing and the MiM's though have had neither yet.

Any thoughts please?

Hi Silver, not all the recipe's are suitable for induction I'm afraid, you'll have to check them carefully. Good luck, and clean and green all the way :)

Thanks Jim, well I did make the mince and cheese thing last night, not bad but it needs a bit of a kick to it!!

I would normally use my favourite sauce which is Brown Sauce with Branston Bite. I checked the carbs on the back of a 470g container.

Per 100g 32.6
Of which sugars 29.7

Now obviously I would only be having a wee squirt to liven things up, how the hell do I work out how many carbs?

I don't want to get TOOO hung up on counting and all that malarkey and get soooo strict I will crack and fall off the wagon, I am trying to be sensible here yet aware.......

I am wanting this to be a way of life FOR life not yet another diet..........

Last edited:
There has to be a calculator somewhere that'll just let you stick in the figs and spit out the answer! Surely??

There has to be a calculator somewhere that'll just let you stick in the figs and spit out the answer! Surely??

I wonder if there is an easy peasy calculation Honda? Anyway I am going to have a squirt, it can't kill me can it?? :confused:

I think the mince part of this dish is like that crack slaw you made, kinda grey and boring and oh so meaty LOL!!! I will liven it up next time, was thinking garlic and herbs or chilli powder or anything to take away the meaty mince taste if you know what I mean, maybe I could even crumble an OXO in, what do you think??

Oxo! Love an oxo cube! I must go and read a box and see what's in it!

Gonna try and have something less meaty tonight, salmon with a sauce maybe? Prawns for he who has failed Atkins? ;) xx

Oxo! Love an oxo cube! I must go and read a box and see what's in it!

Gonna try and have something less meaty tonight, salmon with a sauce maybe? Prawns for he who has failed Atkins? ;) xx

I was thinking of making the fish chowder for tonight as I feel a bit overloaded on meat, eggs, meat, eggs, meat..........

Back