soccermom's lose 10 st diary :)

thanks for popping by meli and shirleen, i'm sure we can lose that much.

I have set 7lb targets for myself, initially starting with 20 x 7 lbs but in reality maybe 21, but we shall see.

So far it has come off pretty easily, thats maybe because I have so much to lose, hope it doesn't slow down to soon :D

Today is a green day, I still dont like to eat to many carbs as they bloat me out, but I do like to up my calcium levels on a green day, so I have a nice big bowl of rice pudding so I can incorporate some carbs into my menu.

still have not upped my veggie intake this past few days normally I have loads :confused::eek:, theres no excuse plenty of veg in.

The main thing is I feel fuller on less food now after 12 weeks, just because food is free and "unlimited" (dont like that word) does not mean I can eat for the sake of it, still have to watch my portion control. If I sit and eat 10 mueller lights and 10 bananas I would be pushing 2000 calories, this would not help me :break_diet:

Note to self: only eat when you are hungry and I mean hungry... not bored :eek:

So far this is working and I have genuinely not had proper hunger, at the end of each day I feel satisfied and full :D

Green Day

rice pudding made from 500ml semi skimmed milk, 2 oz pudding rice, splenda, nutmeg and vanilla essence (2 hea)

weetabix (heb), milk (syns 3.5) and splenda + pear

banana + quavers (4.5 syns)

sw chips, poached eggs and brown sauce (1 syn) 85g ham (heb)

syns 9 :D

Red day

28g bran flakes (heb) 50ml milk (1.5 syn) banana

kippers

French fries (4.5)
strawberries

moussaka (peppers, aubergine, carrott, courgette, onion ) with runner beans and spring greens (syns 1 for tom puree) cheese, quark and VFF nat yoghurt (hea)

Alpen lights (heb)

7 syns

Last edited:
Thought I would give extra easy a go today as we are having curry for tea and I wanted some rice with it for a change :D

Extra Easy

28g branflakes (heb), banana, and 50ml milk (syn 1.5)

kippers (one left from yesterday)
Banana

Quavers (syns 4.5)
Alpen ( syns 3)

sw chicken dopiaza (1 syn) and rice, strawberries

syns 10

Bit hit and miss today, was intending to have supper and a milky coffee (hea) tonight, but I fell asleep on the settee :D so not had anything :eek:

I know about the 1/3 supefree, but I didnt want veg with curry or kippers so just went for the fruit option.

It doesnt look like I had much, but I cant eat that much now, even after a small portion of rice I am struggling to finish whats on my plate.

So definitely not hungry and although I dont seem to be eating as much as others on the plan, I am not hungry so wont eat if i'm not :D

Have lots of veg penciled in to eat tomorrow, will go back to a red day as I like them best :D

Last edited:
Back from holiday so diary will start again tomorrow, weighed in tonight and got a 3.5lb weightloss, i'm over the moon with that.

Managed to have a small chinese and indian takeaway and a few chips from great yarmouth market, they are the best :D :D

so I am delighted with the loss which is over 2 weeks, back on plan totally as from last Friday.

Red day

2 egg omelette with ham and cheese (hea)

pear + banana

weetabix (heb), milk (Hea) splenda

french fries (4.5 syns) alpen light (3 syns)

pork chop (all fat removed) roast veg (BNS, red pepper, mushroom, cherry toms, red onion) 227g jacket pot (heb)

7 syns

Last edited:
Had a red day today, as per usual :D

red day

pear

4 wholewheat crackerbread (4 syns) sliced boiled egg and bacon

homebaked gammon slices, salad and apple and cider chutney (5 syns approx)

weetabix (heb) milk (hea) splenda

sw spag bol (1 syn) (with added ss veg + passata) 100g cooked wholewheat pasta (heb) mixed with roast veg (BNS, red onion, courgette, red pepper) it was lovely

10 syns

I am trying an EE day tomorrow, watch this space, menu is all planned just hope I dont miss my extra heb :sigh:

Good luck with your EE day :fingerscrossed: You're doing so bloomin' well - it's amazing!! You're a hare and I'm a tortoise :rotflmao:

Good luck with your EE day :fingerscrossed: You're doing so bloomin' well - it's amazing!! You're a hare and I'm a tortoise :rotflmao:

Thanks ozzie, dont forget the tortoise beat the hare :eek: i'm taking nothing for granted :D but I am so happy with my 3 stone 1 lb weight loss so far :cool:

Well i've had my EE day :rolleyes: not sure how I feel about it, had everything planned and then a friend asked if I wanted to go out for morning coffee at the golf club dont you know :D so had to rearrange my food for the day.

I only had a coffee but didnt get chance to have breakfast only had a banana while she had a breakfast bun filled with bacon, mush and toms , didnt bother me either I even gave her the biscuit that came with the coffee :eek:

Got back and had a meal so here goes

EE day

banana

gammon, salad, chutney (5 syns)

weetabix (heb), milk (hea), splenda

lamb casserole made with green lentils, carrott, onion, swede and pot, cabbage and mushy peas (5 syns for mint sauce and a little drizzle of gravy)

10 syns

At some point I think I will be a bit peckish, but think it will be in my head because of my missing heb :eek:

Onwards and upwards for tomorrow and back to my comfort zone of a red day :D

You could have had some free green as well for lunch and some extra fruit for breakfast. I think that would have made you feel a bit more full.
What did you think of the EE?

You could have had some free green as well for lunch and some extra fruit for breakfast. I think that would have made you feel a bit more full.
What did you think of the EE?

Hi..thanks for dropping by.

I didnt intend just to have the banana for breakfast that was just a quick snack while making the kids breakfast I had planned mushrooms, poached egg and grilled toms :D for when they had left for school, but then friend asked if I wanted to go out for coffee and had 20 mins to get ready.

Had a look on the menu at the golf club, but there did not seem to be much to adapt so I left it.

Had a large salad for lunch with red onion, carrott, radish etc .

wasnt hungry just felt it might be psychological as I missed my extra heb :D

I will do EE again but will probably do it twice a week instead of 2 green. I like red better

Not sure what happened last night, but ended up having an extra 16.5 syns :( just got a craving for a penguin biscuit so I had 2 :cry: and then an extra bag of quavers :sigh: need to make up for that so have kept to 6.5 syns today :D and for the next 2 days ( I like to have around 10 syns a day)

I also ended up doing another day of EE :eek: so I could add noodles to my stir fry for tea, I just hope it doesn't make me feel as bad as the white pasta made me last week :eek:

EE day

banana, pear, weetabix (heb) and hot milk (hea) splenda

2 egg omelette, beans, mushrooms, grilled toms + brown sauce (1 syn)

chilli and soy glazed steak + stirfry (pre packed from sainsburys loads of normal stir fry stuff in it) + noodles

wotsits (5.5)

6.5 syns

I think every so often that we all have to fall off the rails a bit. You've been so good that maybe it got a bit of naughtiness out of your system and will fire you up with renewed vigour and stuff .... Hmmm, I think "renewed vigour" comes from an ad for cleaning products :rotflmao: brainwashed I am!

Seriously, don't beat yourself up about it, what's happened has happened and I'm sure you'll be back to your usual angelic self!

Incidentally penguins are one of the things I had to visit the British Lolly Shop for as I was missing them! That was pre-SW though.

Last edited:
nearly spat my coffee out there ozzie lol, me! angelic, never :D

Well I got over the blip :sigh: and upwards and onwards, I had 2 red days over the weekend and i'm feeling in control :)

red day

be good to yourself sainsburys sausages x 2 (1 syn), 2 bacon, tin toms, poached egg, brown sauce (1/2 syn)

pear, banana

weetabix (heb) hot milk (3.5 syns) splenda

wotsits (5.5 syns)

chicken stuffed with cherry tom and mozzarella (hea) , wrapped in bacon, herb roasted new pots (heb) with roast veg (mush, BNS, red pepper, cherry tom, courgettte)

10.5 syns

Red day

28g puffed wheat, banana, 50ml milk (1.5 syns) I am suppossed to have scan bran with it, but I have run out :eek:

3 pears

wholemeal bun (heb) lc exl cheese (1 syn) quavers (4.5)

shepherds pie made with ex lean mince, carrott, courgette, onion, mush, tin toms topped with carrot and swede mash topped with cheese (hea) and served with savoy cabbage, gravy (4 syns)

11 syns

Had a good weekend not hungry, think I was just craving the penguins because of my period and wouldnt you know, here it is :D

I am going to try and start dropping the quavers/wotsits and have them only at the weekend, I don't really need them I just like them :D

I was on holiday in Yarmouth for a week visiting family and I didnt eat 1 packet and did not miss them one bit, but as soon as I get back I open a packet :confused: why is that ?

Anyway its weigh in today :eek: I will report back later and with todays menu, another red day :eek::D

well its been weigh in day today and i've lost 3.5lbs :D:D:D:D

Today has been a good day on red so heres the menu

Red day

2 low fat sausage (1 syn) mushrooms, poached egg, brown sauce (1/2 syn)

banana

weetabix (heb) milk (hea) spenda

quavers (4.5 syns)

cod (cooked in tin toms, red onion, garlic, paprika, tumeric, lemon juice) 227g jacket pot (made into sw chips)

alpen light (3 syns)

9 syns

Not much veg today :eek: but never mind, will make up for it tomorrow.

Just realised I had a bag of quavers and I wasnt going to have any til the weekend, no dramas though i'm still within syns, must do better tomorrow :D

I forgot to add I was slimmer of the month with a 12.5 lb weightloss :D:D:D

Last edited:
Well an old friend has just made my day :D I haven't seen her for getting on for nearly 2 years and she said "omg! you've lost a 1/3 of your bodyweight" I was so chuffed I had to give her a big hug.

Its definitely spurred me on; now that people are noticing :D:D:D:D

Today we are eating whatever we have in the house, so there is no extra shopping to be done, so here is my menu as to whats in the fridge :D

Red day

28g puffed wheat (heb), banana, 50ml milk (1.5 syns)

2 pears

3 crackerbread (3 syns) 2 boiled eggs

wotsits (5.5 syns)

chicken breast stuffed with mozarella (hea) wrapped in bacon, sw chips (heb) cherry toms, BNS, red pepper, red onion

10 syns

Last edited:
Was absolutely shattered last night so did not fill this in and this morning woke up with pains in shoulder and right hand side of back so not feeling the best :cry::(

Anyway was a red day yesterday surprise surprise, I am trying to stick to red all week as I would like a really good weightloss as I go to spain in a month, so would like to lose as much as I can.

Red day

Bacon and fried egg (cooked in frylight )

28g puffed wheat (heb), milk (hea) splenda

wotsits (5.5 syns)

couple of slices eat smart ham

chicken dopiaza ( 1 syn ) sw chips ( heb)

6.5 syns

Bad day for vegs today :eek: will do better tomorrow, need some more variety this week and must do a proper shop instead of shopping day to day, this has been the downfall this week, no organisation :(

I'm enjoying following your diary. I am going to try some red days too as EE does not seem to agree with me (sadly).

Back