sole source ketosis

sabbylou

Hi I started sole source on thursday so am on day four today,Havent cheated at all and drank 4Lwater per day but I still dont think im in ketosis? I still feel a bit sluggish and headachy and still feel hungry :mad:
not had any signs of being in ketosis and wondered if sometimes it takes longer for some? or do you not always get symptoms?
I must be doing something right because ive already lost 4lbs but every food item i see is torture and todays been the worst day I just wanna eat soooooo bad!

Ketosis is only an aid. Don't rely on it too much! It doesn't speed up weight loss. Just keep doing what your doing and you can't go wrong x

Sabbylou I am day 4 and feel exactly the same!

I've been looking on the forum to get some hope from someone that it'll be better tomorrow..for now I'm flooding myself with water

How quick people go into ketosis can also depend on what your diet was like before you started. If in the days leading up to starting Cambridge you had a carb heavy diet then it will take longer to empty your glycogen store. It is so difficult to resist the lure of one last pizza (or any other carb fix), but it makes CD easier if you cut the carbs significantly in the days before going SS.

I am pretty sure if you are following the diet you will be in ketosis pretty quickly.

Day 4 was the worst say for me. I woke on day 5 feeling like a new woman and definitely on ketosis. I have to say though previous to this I done LL and had terrible side effects... Bad breath, constant dry mouth, constant feeling like I had a hair stuck in my throat and hair thinning but been on CD 12 weeks now and not a sign of any of these things. Keep at it. You might not notice any signs of ketosis other than lack of hunger.

Keep going. Good luck!! :)

Hey all, I'm on day 5 now and I'm really hungry!
I work nights aswell so if I'm up during the day I have my 3 shakes and then I have go another 12hours without food while on my night shift!
I was in ketosis by the end of the first day and vary between ketone reaction of +, to +++ and I'm still hungry
I'm drinking over 3liters of water a day
And I'm lethargic

O dear :( I've just got up and am starvin marvin :( I have a tiny headache but not much but weirdly for second satin a row I ache all around my hips, lower back and thighs.. ???

Well good news is today I feel great! I feel energetic unless thats just relief the kids went back to school and I have some peace lol.
Still no symptoms of ketosis but as someone says its not important so wont worry.Only other thing Is today my fingernails have all gone yellow eeek???? Though ive been wearing alot of nail polish over xmas I hear thats prob the reason plus Backache near the kidneys but puttin that down to me drinking more water than usual and my kidneys are adjusting?

Back