Some input from you all :)

Should we be allowed to talk about food in the CD 100% forum

• Yes, We should be able to talk about it as long as we are follwing the diet 100%

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • No, all mention of food is to be banned from the 100% forum

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canireallydothis!!

Gold Member
Good day to you all!!!

Im going to do a poll, I want to gauge peoples reactions about how we run the CD 100% forum and I'd like everyone to be involved.

We all know the CD 100% forum is for people who do CD 100%.

What I want to ask everyone is how far do we take this.

So there will be 2 options

1, No mention of food what so ever

(ie, instead of "I have a craving for Pizza please help", change to "Im struggling please help")

2, Food can be mentioned as long as the diet is followed 100%

Its just to help us go forward with CD 100% and of course we all want people to be involved.

Any questions please feel free to ask, and anyone can PM me if they prefer.

Thanks so much for helping us out

Vicky

PS, No one will know who voted for what x

l totally agree there should be no food ref other than diet related l must admit (something lm not proud of) l get very annoyed when l read about cheating and people losing weight the same week, l have ss source for 24 weeks no cheats only losing 2 - 21/2lbs the last 4 or 5 weeks have now moved up plans as l am working out in gym 3 times a week, l try to get the most out of this diet , and learning to portion control will be hard, but it has to be a lifestyle change. sorry for going on & on. but done properly CD will change your life forever!! :D:D

I dont think any food should be mentioned in this forum. People have the main CD forum for that and can flitter from both when they are feeling strong but I do believe that this forum should be 100% doing cd only.

I guess I am in the minority then. I feel incredibly proud of the fact that I have 100% ss'd for 19 days now, and when I have resisted the temptation of a particular food, I like to share it with everyone as a sign of how well I am doing. I think it is healthy to talk about food, it's a part of everyday life for most people, and even though I am not eating it, I am still interested in it, as well as preparing it on a daily basis.

E.T.A = However, I completely agree with the fact that people should not discuss cheats and 'time out's' on here, it should be completely about the SS journey

Last edited:
I only want to hear about 100% ers on this forum, as has been said we can talk about food on any of the others.

But forgive me for saying, in the sticky I can't see anywhere stating that no food should be mentioned, it states that cheats and times outs are not allowed but not mentioning food.

I guess I'll have to leave the 100% forum then because I honestly think that if I can't talk about food from time to time then it will become taboo and a complete obsession.

I think this thread is to ask people what they think about whether the 100% forum should talk about food or not, so we are all giving our opinions arent we? I think that's the whole reason for this poll.

I only want to hear about 100% ers on this forum, as has been said we can talk about food on any of the others.

Hi Hope, Thats great hun, but can 100%ers talk about food, thats really the nitty gritty of it.

I guess it comes down to.

I am happy to talk about food but not eat it

I do not want to talk about food at all

Or such like;)

Hope Ive explained it ok, this poll is not to ask if people can cheat at all, its to ask if food can be mentioned;)

Love

Vx

No drama from me, just a small bit of disappointment, thats all.

Surely being 100% means sticking to the CD 100% - that doesnt mean you cant say 'my daughter was eating sausage rolls in front of me' but should mean you cant say 'i ate a curry and still lost 10lbs' or 'i came off the wagon and am struggling to get back into it'....doing something 100% still means you need support. its seems a shame to not allow 100% cders like me just because sometimes i might want to say i find it really hard smelling bacon in the work canteen...would I be allowed to say 'i find it really hard sitting so close to the work canteen'?? seems crazy to not allow mention of food on a dieters support forum!

I think something in the subject header, if you are mentioning food is enough but that this forum should be for 100% cders only.

I agree - but mentioning food doesnt mean you are not a 100% cd'er.....otherwise there should be a CD No Food Talk Whatsoever Allowed sub forum and nothing to do with 100% or not....

I suppose really it's the same as with all things in life, we all have our own way of dealing with things.
My way of coping with the diet is to still show a keen interest in foods, I am trying to make my brain realise that food isn't bad, it's my realtionship with it that's bad, if you all see what I mean?
So, for me, talking about food and stuff is a coping strategy because there will come a day at some point when it is reintroduced and will play an important role in my life again.
I don't know if I'm making much sense to others but I know what I mean!!!

I suppose really it's the same as with all things in life, we all have our own way of dealing with things.
My way of coping with the diet is to still show a keen interest in foods, I am trying to make my brain realise that food isn't bad, it's my realtionship with it that's bad, if you all see what I mean?
So, for me, talking about food and stuff is a coping strategy because there will come a day at some point when it is reintroduced and will play an important role in my life again.
I don't know if I'm making much sense to others but I know what I mean!!!

i understand completely - and coping this way does not make you a non 100% cd'er. like i said if there is the desire for a no food at all forum then it shouldnt have anything to do with being 100%...you can be both!

i mention food all the time, i make food for my bf and i can read about food without falling apart but i think the reason for this poll is about what people want out of this sub forum. There is a main forum that allows everything isnt there.

but this forum is called CD 100% forum....so as long aws we are all 100% then tht suits the requirement doesnt it? I guess i will stick to the other forum where i do have to read about cheating and coming off the wagon and binge eating etc, even though i am 100%. Its just a shame thats all, but i do respect others opinion and if this forum is to become a no food talk then I will respect that.

As I've said above, I dont think there has been a decision yet, hence the reason for the poll and I'm sure lots of people will agree with you

but this forum is called CD 100% forum....so as long aws we are all 100% then tht suits the requirement doesnt it? I guess i will stick to the other forum where i do have to read about cheating and coming off the wagon and binge eating etc, even though i am 100%. Its just a shame thats all, but i do respect others opinion and if this forum is to become a no food talk then I will respect that.

Ditto Melliepigpog. I do post on the main forum but like the fact that I can come on here and talk about my 100% success. We'll have to wait and see what the rest of the folk say.

Well it's neck and neck at the moment. As Vicky says, we just want to provide what people want - some people are disturbed by talk of food and would prefer there to be no mention, whereas others are quite happy to see it, smell it, cook it, etc without it leading them off track. Horses for courses and hopefully in the end a home for all :)

Back