Some inspiration from you skinny minis!!!

saraian24

Gold Member
Been thinking about how people feel now they are slim and have lost a lot of weight and i mean alot!

With another 5,5 stone to lose i sometimes wonder how I will feel being slimmer will it really be a huge revalation fitting into a size 12 - im pretty sure it will as there will be no lumps, bumps or muffin tops hanging over.

But what I want to know is how peoples lives have really changed, how you really felt getting to goal.

I really could do with a look into the future, but would anyone mind telling me how it really feels being slim.

I know i have only lost 3 stone to date but i feel fanbloodytastic and some people have started calling me skinny!! even though im not YET but it feels great xx

I am hoping that I wont feel so self conscious all the time. I will be able to buy knee length boots. Maybe even a bikini (but I am not 100% sure about that!!) I might even feel slightly attractive!! Cant wait!

And I want to go home next summer and for people to not recognise me!!

Cant's wait to hear all the inspirational replies x

Oh my word! Where to start ?! :)

Ok firstly being slim itself is cool, it means you are likely to live longer, and be healthier etc but it doesn't help any other problems in your life.

For me I always said that I was unhappy because I was big and when I got slim I would be this super happy person, the reality was very different as when I was slim I was still unhappy and in fact I was more unhappy as I couldn't eat anymore to cheer myself up!

Therefore I had a nervous breakdown back in the late summer of 2006 and went totally off the rails.

It was only then when I dealt with my real issues that I suddenly let the top of my pressure cooker and suddenly didn't struggle with food anymore.

If you suffer with psychological hunger and don't deal with why you overeat then it can be a quick trip to slimdom and back again so my biggest advice to all the clients I see (both through Cambridge and NLP) is to be 100% open with yourself and your issues as that is the only way to get food of your radar and actually be happy.

Be big and happy, be slim and happy but PLEASE be happy :)

Mike

i know what you mean spod, i'm going to go back to where i used to work just so i can shove it all their stupid faces!!! *insert maniacal laugh here* hehe!

To date I've lost 65lbs! Until I got married I was always a size 8/10. I got married when I was 26 and I had a really high powered job where looks and appearance were extremely important well they seemed like everything!

After the wedding the weight went on rather too quickly as I gave up my job and lived my dream spending all day with my horses!!!

I was really ashamed of myself and never really ventured out, unless I really had too!!! I can't remember the last time I went shopping in the local town (on-line for me) and I always had my excuse ready for the family gatherings!! I probably went out about 6 times a year and that would be going to horse shows!! A recluse, perhaps, but as I happily spend my life outside with the horses I never labelled myself as one because I live outside, but I know my family have labelled me one!!!

I started my weight loss journey in February with my husband firmly behind me and supporting me 1,000% because of the CD (I can't ever praise it enough) I really feel like the old me, I want the nice new clothes, the haircuts etc..... and although I haven't got any family gatherings lined up, I don't think I'll need an excuse not to go this time..... I saw some people last week that I haven't seen all summer and they walked straight past me I had to call to them! Their Faces said EVERYTHING I hoped they would and they gushed with the compliments all afternoon..:eek::eek::eek::eek: Slim to me feels in control and I love to be the captain of my own ship and this ship is gonna stay on the slim course for the rest of it's life!!

I started this Journey at 14 stone 9lbs and I'm currently in the 9's!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
that's a great story Camilla!

one of the things i am looking forward to is learning to horse ride as i have never had the confidence to try because i am so overweight

Just read this thread, and I can vouch for everything Mike has said, re getting the head stuff right to ensure a more permanent weight loss. I didnt, my personal issues were still there after all the euphoria of being a size 12 had died down, and my weight has piled back on.

Having said that, the first time I bought size 12 jeans was utterly amazing, as was being at a party and being totally cut dead by DH's pal. I was pretty offended and was going to confront him. Then he saw me talking to DH and the look on his face......I wish I could have bottled it and the feeling it gave me. It was fantastic, I was high for days after his profuse apologies and utmost praise!!

So, there are def highs and lows to this weight loss thing. Dh has a phrase about it being part of lifes' rich tapestry!! I guess he's right!

Good luck, you're doing fab!

xx

Absolutely :)

When you first finish the diet then you live the compliments and float along in your smaller clothes and generally love it.

But after a while the compliments stop (people get used to the new you!) and then you just become normal like everyone else, but this can then be the problem as you did all that "hard" work and just became normal, and now when you have had a bad day, an argument, want to celebrate or generally want to eat, drink and be merry you can't in case you get big again.

I suppose I equate it to paying off your credit card, you can pay it all off but ultimately you are left with nothing, and even though at the time that seems great the next time you want to go and treat yourself to a new gadget you can't otherwise you'll run up the debt again.

Mike

Thank You!! I was too fat to ride too! The horses are more of my pets!!! Saying that I've just started to ride Side saddle something I haven't done for 8 years! XXX

The personal issues thing really worries me because I know there are things that affect me that won't be solved by losing weight. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I almost didn't accept it because I don't feel confident about going out into the world of work since being out of it so long. I thought about waiting until I had got to my target weight and then going back to work but I realised that I would rather tackle that issue now so that it is one less to rain on my parade when I do reach my target!!!

Hi All:)

These are my thoughts on getting to goal:
  • Still waiting for my head to catch up. I am now a size 12/14 (from 24)but still head for the 'large' end of the rack when buying clothes. Still pick up my own clothes and think " thats never gonna fit" but it does.
  • Still have lumps & bumps....just smaller ones!
  • The compliments were fantastic in the beginning, and still are sometimes but sometimes they make me feel a bit embarrassed.
  • I get comments like "you're tiny/you're slim" and I am not sure how to respond.
  • When I was bigger I thought I looked ok. Now I am smaller I seem a bit more critical of myself.
  • I still catch reflections of myself and have to do a double take as I don't believe its me!
  • Not keen on having my photo taken but when I see them I am plesantly surprised.
  • More energy, more agile, more flexible, more confidence, more bones showing!
After the 'euphoria' of reaching goal wore off, I was a bit paranoid about leaving CD behind and worried about every thing I ate. I sometimes don't eat enough. After a holiday to the USA and getting back to the gym I am maintaining and more relaxed about food (most of the time:rolleyes:)
I am working on seeing food as 'fuel' and not as good or bad or using it to deal with bordom/happyness/sadness.....this is a work in progress.
I weigh myself once a week and I have a set maximum (+7lbs).....should I reach it I will act upon it.
I still have counselling (which I was having before CD) which had helped me to deal with all sorts of life issues.....I believe this will help me deal with 'stuff' without using food as a sticking plaster.

Anyway....enough of the waffle:eek:....hope this helped....please do ask if there is anything else!!

XXXXXX

Hi All:)

These are my thoughts on getting to goal:
  • Still waiting for my head to catch up. I am now a size 12/14 (from 24)but still head for the 'large' end of the rack when buying clothes. Still pick up my own clothes and think " thats never gonna fit" but it does.
  • Still have lumps & bumps....just smaller ones!
  • The compliments were fantastic in the beginning, and still are sometimes but sometimes they make me feel a bit embarrassed.
  • I get comments like "you're tiny/you're slim" and I am not sure how to respond.
  • When I was bigger I thought I looked ok. Now I am smaller I seem a bit more critical of myself.
  • I still catch reflections of myself and have to do a double take as I don't believe its me!
  • Not keen on having my photo taken but when I see them I am plesantly surprised.
  • More energy, more agile, more flexible, more confidence, more bones showing!
After the 'euphoria' of reaching goal wore off, I was a bit paranoid about leaving CD behind and worried about every thing I ate. I sometimes don't eat enough. After a holiday to the USA and getting back to the gym I am maintaining and more relaxed about food (most of the time:rolleyes:)
I am working on seeing food as 'fuel' and not as good or bad or using it to deal with bordom/happyness/sadness.....this is a work in progress.
I weigh myself once a week and I have a set maximum (+7lbs).....should I reach it I will act upon it.
I still have counselling (which I was having before CD) which had helped me to deal with all sorts of life issues.....I believe this will help me deal with 'stuff' without using food as a sticking plaster.

Anyway....enough of the waffle:eek:....hope this helped....please do ask if there is anything else!!

XXXXXX

Great post and can relate to that hugely :)

And it wasn't waffle, it was absolutely spot on :)

Mike

Great post and can relate to that hugely :)

And it wasn't waffle, it was absolutely spot on :)

Mike

Awww shucks....Thanks Mike:)
XXXX

I would definately say to everyone....work on the 'head stuff' and find some 'tools' (books/NLP/counselling/gym/activity) change your personal definition of food if necessary. See it for what it is.....but don't make it the center of your world!

XX

Agreed again!

You'll know when you have suceeded when food is not on your radar of things to worry about or think about as the level of emotional benefit from it will just be appropriate to being slim.

Back