Sona's Diary - moving back to WW for now

Hey ppl! Here is my food for the day! I hope to stick to it!

03/09/09

B-
2 Toast - 132 / 2
7g flora - 37 / 4
7g Jam - 30 / 0

L-
Chicken breast - 142 / 3
WW spagetti 1/2 tin - 97 / 0
Snack a Jacks - 89 / 2

D-
Egg noodles - 200 / 2
Q mince - 100/ 2
Mushrooms 16/0

Hi Sona
Love reading this thread. You are a big inspiration, well done.

Thanks chinababe!

honestly though im no inspiration! im losing it big time! Sorry!

Last couple of weeks have been very up and down! I have managed to get my weight back to 12.6 and seems to be holding there! THis month has been the hardest since i started trying to lose weight i think!

Im in less control of my meals as i get alot of invites to break my fast with family at their homes and its not right to say NO during ramadan either! I feel kinda p'd with myself.. but its not really in my control!

I have been trying to keep a balance on the "good" days and "bad" days! I dont carry on a string of bad days just coz ive had to give up the diet for one meal! I try to bounce right back the next day and have an extra low fat meal! I hope by end of Sep i will either lose 1-2lb or sts. Im dreading going to my docs! lolz

sorry for the dperessing post! Just in a weird place at the moment!
Didnt wake up this morning for my brekki so im a bit hungry and i have just under 12 hours to go before i can eat or drink!

At work this morning aswell... agghh

Anyway hope my day picks up and hope u all have a fab day!
off to see read some more posts!!

xx

awww chin up sona!

If u wanna rant rant away! Im not sure i could get up at 330 am hehe do u go back to bed?

I think you are being really brave fasting and dieting! From my side it doesnt sound very easy! Just fasting would be a huge challange!

i dont really know what else to say but im sure u will be fine!

take care luv katie
xx

Hey katie!
thanks for ur support hun!
U know what im actually alright in myself as i know its not easy to diet and fast, im just scared my doc gona turn round and tell me to DO ONE! as ive hardly lost much weight with the xenical but i have lost SOME weight and defo inches! My docs an a$$!

c u in a bit xx

Hey ladies!

soz i havent been around much! just busy at work and at home!
Still fasting! 1 week o so to go then its all over! Weight just bobbing up and down between 12.6 and 12.8! its all very depressing! i dont even feel like dieting anymore! This is the first time in a whole year since i started that i feel fed up and ready to just quit! Maybe its the none eating? i duno!

Im only taking one tablet a day at the moment (no not so that i can delay my doc appointment) its just that im only having cereal for my brekki his harld any fat in it at all and just having the tablet with my dinner which somedays is healthy and some days its not! :-(

My hubbys grandad is still with us at the moment but he's on his way out too. Docs wont even take him to hospital now.. so he's getting alo of visitors... ppl just wanting to say thier goodbyes... its really heartbreakig.

Nothing much else happening in my neck of the wood!
Hope ur all doing well! havent quite checked the diaries yet.. i know this sounds really nasty of me...but i just dont think i can bare to read that someone has lost 10lbs in one week.. im not a jelous person usually but i think that will depress me more and hate myself more!

C u all soon

sorry if i depressed u.
xx

Last edited:
oooh sona this is not like u at all!! keep ur chin up!

It sounds as if your havin a really tough time at the min and i really do feel for you!

Do u think u might benefit from relaxing the diet at min until fasting is over? Just eat what u want but in moderation and get hubby to hide scales? Stop when u r full?

Then when fasting and eid is over have a real good go at it again? Bugger what the doc says and just go back when u r ready!

It sounds to me like your putting a lot of pressure on your self at a really tough time (OH Grandad and fasting) and from my experience it can only make things worse hun

sending you much love

xxxx

I agree with Katie hun, you've got a lot on your plate at the moment and don't need the added stress of trying to lose weight. I'd leave the "dieting" there at the moment, try and make good choices and don't count stuff, just stop when you're full and DON'T WEIGH!! Remember to drink loads when you're eating too....can you drink at all through the day? If not, you may be suffering from water retention. If I was you I'd wait until fasting was over then have a 2detox/blitz" week, make sure you drink loads of water to flush you out and you may be pleasantly surprised. Don't stress about your doctor hun, you've got enought to worry about.

Sending you hugs and support xxxx

oooh sona this is not like u at all!! keep ur chin up!

It sounds as if your havin a really tough time at the min and i really do feel for you!

Do u think u might benefit from relaxing the diet at min until fasting is over? Just eat what u want but in moderation and get hubby to hide scales? Stop when u r full?

Then when fasting and eid is over have a real good go at it again? Bugger what the doc says and just go back when u r ready!

It sounds to me like your putting a lot of pressure on your self at a really tough time (OH Grandad and fasting) and from my experience it can only make things worse hun

sending you much love

xxxx

Thanks hun!
ur right i was putting too much preassure on myself! ive decided to just take my evening pill with my main meal and just eat as "good" as i can. Im not being perfect but will get back on it straight after eid. Im gona give myself a week or so after eid to salvage what i can then go to doc and tell him i was fasting so thats why i need him to be a bit patient. lolz i be he wont like that!

I agree with Katie hun, you've got a lot on your plate at the moment and don't need the added stress of trying to lose weight. I'd leave the "dieting" there at the moment, try and make good choices and don't count stuff, just stop when you're full and DON'T WEIGH!! Remember to drink loads when you're eating too....can you drink at all through the day? If not, you may be suffering from water retention. If I was you I'd wait until fasting was over then have a 2detox/blitz" week, make sure you drink loads of water to flush you out and you may be pleasantly surprised. Don't stress about your doctor hun, you've got enought to worry about.

Sending you hugs and support xxxx

Thanks hun!
Im not able to drink water at all and i find when i do break my fast im not really drinking much water a all! I have cereal in the morning with skimmed milk and when i break my fast i am having just 1 main meal.. not nit picking and not drinking much water. I find i get bloated very quickly no matter what i eat! Ive been having mint tea or normal tea at night.. and ! choci bici! i know its terrible but i think if i have one bicci it keeps the sugar craving at bay! lolz looking forward to eating normal again! i hate not being in control. Ur tummy can really play gameswith ur head when ur starving it! EVERYNIGHT i think im not gona have a bicci.. and every night i talk myself in to one!

Ahh well .. just see how it goes.. worst case i pile on a few lbs and kill them in the 1 week detox im gona do after! also gona try get some exercise in there aswell! i need to get in shape for a wedding at the end of october!

Still getting compliments from ppl i see afte a while so atleast i havent piled on that much!!

I think im ready to come back and chat with u lot! But im not posting food in my diary just yet!!

xx

Hey billy g! how u duin hun?
this sounds terrible but im glad im not alone!!! this 12.7 place is lonely!!! lolz.. well i weighed myself yest! although ive been avoiding it for days and it was surprisingly 12.5!!! now thats after a full day of fasting!! Im realling reallly bloated everytime i eat and also very constipated at the moment!! are u having any trouble at the moment?? I wonder why we are STS's in limbo?? what have we done wrong?!?!?1 WHY US?>!?!?!?! aagghhhhhhhh

*ehem.. breath*

its ok, im ok now... jst had a wooopy moment.
Im glad to be back really! its nice to just chat and see other ppls progress and not feel like throwingh myself down the stairs headfirst!
( joke!)

Have been trying to catch up on posts today, after a lonnngg time!
I stop fasting on saturday then its eid on sunday! and then on monday im gona hit the crazy place where i exercise and diet till the scales are forced to give a little!!!! hopefully enough to go to the docs and get another prescription.... wish me luck!

on a lighter (fattier) note
Im making cheesecake on saturday night for sunday... how yum! my last treat before the detox!

Hiya Sona and welcome back, i think you're being really strong through this fasting, it must be extremely difficult and it's no wonder youre retaining water when youre going for such long periods without eating you're body will be keeping hold everything it can. How much long do you have left before back to normal eating?

Remember not to be too hard on yourself you're hanging on in there and it'll show in the end xx

hey sona!! thats more like it!! a lovely positive post!!

I hope u have a fab time on suday!! The cheese cakes sounds devine!!

go you for dropping 2lbs! see i told u to relax!!

much love

katiexxxx

Ps i have those head first moments too!! haha

Hey gals!

thanks soo much for ur nice message!
Im feeling much beter in myself today!! no more head fist moments! hehe

just a few more days to go with the fasting then i have to battle eid without over eating!! lolz hopfully back on track next week! im reallly looking forward to it aswell!! How sad is that? also had a local health card made so i can go swimming for free and go to some gyms free in my local area! So hopefully might get a session each a week! better that than nothing i guess!! I wish i could take my lil boy with me to the gym!

gona sort out a plan with my hubby so that i can get to gym on the evening of our joint day off from work (monday), and go swimming on thursday nights at the local pool on womens night. Tuesday and wed gona try do a workout on my stepper and wii fit! Im reallly raring to go this time!! and it feels like a fresh start!

I work late on fri, sat so cant do much those days and sunday is my day of rest!!............... from wor.. so i do my housework then! lolz biizzzy biizzzyyy beeeeeeeee!!

I called home today from work and my lil 17 month old baby picked the phone up!! was soooo sweet! he said hello a few times then started babbling about his grandma and his daddy and his dinner! lolz didnt make much sence and then he just hung up! lolz that just made my day!

Anyway better do some work!

xx

Great to see you here Sona and feeling more positive. Aww your lil boy sounds adorable :)

Hope you're not too busy at work. IT's great the free swim pass, we have it in Wigan and i just love it, dont think we get free gym though you lucky thing :p xx

our free gym is the regency one and it got odd times for the free part so i dont think im gona make that due to work hours!! I think its been aimed mainly at stay at home ppl who need more exercise as they tend to stay at home most the day? Somic to do.. part of the fot 4 life thing they advertise on TV.

Im defo gona get a swim session in a week though just gotta work out who keep my lil one while im there! My hubby goes gym aswell and he defo goes on thursday, he studies on wednesdays and my MIL who cud keep lil one will insist on going with me!! which will end up meaning neither of us go!! she doesnt believe in letting me do my own thing!

Hey ppl!!

Hope your all doing well! i had a really rough night! started early at work today at 8am ( usually work late shift on friday) couldnt sleep all night coz kept thinking about how early i had to get up!! and as you do, i slept in when it was time to get up! still managed to get to work in time! guess traffic aint so bad at 7am!! lolz

Went to chaquitos for a meal last night with some friends! had a really nice time.. although the food was NOT so great! they have changed the menu and taken stuff off that i like to eat!.. Still shared some natchos they were really nice.. and had the vegi enchaladers.. with rice.. not too great!! :-( It wasnt LOW in fat but im sure it wasnt all that high eathier! lolz The 3 spoonfulls of hot chocolate cake was defo high in fat tho!! hehe oops! believe it or not i havent had ANY side effects at all!! Strange isnt it?

Anway, had a good night!

1 and a half days of fasting to go! yey! planning on buying my cake tin and electrical whisk today to make my cheesecake tomorow!! can u believe how excited i am about making a cheesecake? its NOT normal.

aahh gotta work!

I think if i'd have fasted as long as you have a cheesecake would be orgasmic lol!!!!

Good luck for today and hope you sort something out with babysitting so you can go for a swim, some gyms have a lil creche type area that you can leave kiddies in for an hour or 2 think it's sommat like £5

Back