Sona's Diary- you may not like this...

so sorry to hear you having probs with MIL sona :( xxx

Thanks u guys!
I guess when ur feeling low everything look terrible! that day i was eeling really down! Things arent all that bad on a good day! MIL seems to bruch things under the carpet when it suits hera dn then everything is fine! lol so i had my two days off from work.. Took her out shopping both days and she's as happy as larry! and trust me when SHE is happy everyone is happy! Had a fantastic weekend with my son!

started him potty training on sunday and he was doing alright.. so yesterday we braved a few hours without the nappy!!! Well as you might have guessed he wet himself! He DIDnt like it! lolz i left him in his soiled clothes for about 5 mins so he understand its not nice to be wet. Going to brave a few hours this afternoon with my MIL aswell to see if he tell sus when he needs to potty.

The health visitor came round yesterday aswell.. it was her idea to take the pull ups off altogether for a few hours. She was really pleased with his progress as a 2 year old! I was soo proud of him for just being him! lolz does that sound crazy?

Lols Sona no you should be proud!!! bless him.

LOL, no it's great once they are potty trained Sona. :)

Last edited:
Morning People!!

Hope you are all fine! Ive had a good morning soo far! Nice chocolate mim for my brekki! Nice and filling! I think the linseed i found from the local shop is alright. I was scared it might make me bloated!

Ive already confessed my slight unavoidable slip up yesterday with a small cup of milk. I was unable to refuse a small cup of milk when visiting friends.. it was made specially for us... but got back on track in the evening and had my planned meal! Didnt blow the whole day over it!

WI hasnt gone any lower but increade to 12.5 last saturday! I guess im int he stuck phase at the moment! Due on TOM next week so hopefully will get a mini drop after that? half lb if im lucky! reallly wanted to be 12 stone exactually for my sons b-day but doesnt look like its going to happen!

Sona do you fancy making me some MIMs and posting them LOL

Lolz vicky! u think im obssessed dont ya? hehe
im not! i make one for brekki for work! they much easier to make
and easier to eat and also easy on the pocket!! compared to buying eggs from work!! u will not believe how much they charge for 1 egg and some mushrooms!! well enough to buy a whole tray of eggs atleast!

What is ur fave flavour mim?

Ive only tried one plain one and i wasnt too keen. Am going to experiment with the toastie one i think.

cant you buy fresh mint?

you must be able to get something. I supose mint flavouring in those little jars for cakes etc will have lots of sugar in?

The MIM can quickly become an addiction. Seriously!

But it helps Atkins along nicely, I find. Poor Sona and the MIL situation. I had a similar MIL - but not nearly as demanding and upsetting. Not an easy situation to resolve.

Mims are a life saver when u need to have a sandwich and make a good meal for work!

Im reallly down about my weight at the moment! i seemed to have piled on 2lbs over the last couple of days for no apparent reason! Although TOM is 2-3 days away and i am feeling slightly bloated already! Im trying not to be upset but its just bugging me!

Sona, may I make a small suggestion?

This might sound un-Atkins but some people have a powerful level of what Dr Atkins called 'metabolic resistence'. This makes it hard for them to lose weight, even on Atkins.

You might try counting calories, too. Not drastically, as that would lower your metabolism and add to your problems. You could cut your daily calories to, say, 1500 daily, still enough to eat yummy healthy food, and see how the losses go.

On Atkins we are warned never to go below 1200 cals per day. So 1500 should be fine if you have a lot of trouble losing. I am about to start counting the calories again, too, as I want to move down a few pounds!

Good luck hun!

Sona, may I make a small suggestion?

This might sound un-Atkins but some people have a powerful level of what Dr Atkins called 'metabolic resistence'. This makes it hard for them to lose weight, even on Atkins.

You might try counting calories, too. Not drastically, as that would lower your metabolism and add to your problems. You could cut your daily calories to, say, 1500 daily, still enough to eat yummy healthy food, and see how the losses go.

On Atkins we are warned never to go below 1200 cals per day. So 1500 should be fine if you have a lot of trouble losing. I am about to start counting the calories again, too, as I want to move down a few pounds!

Good luck hun!

You may be right but i will really struggle to count calories and carbs as they tend to work against each other im my experiance! Ive counted calories before and as i had done atkins before i always checked the carb intake aswell and i was ALWAYS shocked at the amount of carbs i was eating!

Im hoping this 2lb gain is due to water retention in prep for TOM and hopfully after it will be a loss.. I have had a few problems the last three months with TOM being later every month!

It is possible to do both. Atkins officially advises that women take in between 1500 and 1800 calories per day. Believe it or not! This is a minimum they say. I am not very tall (5' 4") so can't eat like others can, no matter what.

Atkins does advise considering calories if weight just will not shift. You have incredible patience! I would be very upset by now. My eight week stall was awful. Mind you I am stalled again in phase 3.

Atkins, like any other 'diet', has people who succeed wildly from Day One and others who just can't seem to lose an ounce. Most of us are in-between. I'd love you to see some decent losses, hun. Would make you feel great.

Last edited:
morning hon. Im in the same place as you - not losing too quick and I have decided that im going to try to eat a bit better. less pork scratchings, much more salad, less fried food.
I cant cope with counting calories and carbs too either!

sona - have a look on fitday.com and do a food log - see how many cals. Its a bit carb heavy on veg but i have just worked out mine today and 1404 calories and 20g carbs

Back