Sona's Slimfast Diary

hi sona hope your day was good to be honest im not too bothered by the difference in the semi or skimmed i would imagine it would be up by a few but i always have some calories left over. at the end of the day.. had a lovely chicken hotpot for tea with a lot of veg .. had a couple of the slimfast snacks today they were ohhhh so yummy. had to get some windeeze today suffering really bad i think its all the sugar free gum i have been chewing so not having any tomorrow and see if it helps. better to eliminate first but i really dont think its the ultraslim have been on it nearly 5 weeks now. really enjoying it got cafe latte tomorrow looking forward to that..(sad or what) lol. love the fish in butter sauce yummy cant really eat indian food within an hour im on the loo for 2 but hubby enjoys it so i just watch him eat it lol but there is so much healthy stuff out now i love the quorn burgers mince etc i tend ti use it a lot rest of family never notice they think its real meat ...
talk to you soon

I had indina food for 3 days now and considering i havent had any indian food for alomost a month prior to this i really enjoyed the 1st 2 days but last night i got fed up of it! Lolz I think i god sick of having lentils 3 days in a row and my mother in law bless her does not make very nice chapatties! And i cant make it myself coz she'l get offended! I tent to get a bad tummy if i have too many spices so i keep my food mild but not bland.

Im thinking of getting some quorn mince too.. make a sheaperds pie or something.. I made in before when i was on WW...

hi sona dont worry about your weight fluctuating mine does the day before i get weighed tuesday jumped on the scales gained a pound come weigh day on weds lost 2 must be a water and wind thing:) thanks for the recipie will print it off later.. had a bar this morning instead of the shake will have that lunch time.. glad you had a good time at the pictures well done on the lollie only instead on nachos oh mmmm cheesy nachos yummy well you have a good day and will message you later..

Hi Sona - sorry you felt a bit ignored. I was lurking but should have posted something. Although they cost more, you may want to think about using a ready made shake for days when its hard to take your milk with you. They are more expensive but so convenient - I always have some in the car for if I get caught out to stop me dashing into a takeaway or sandwich bar. I've even been known to drink one after a night out if I can feel the local Miss Millies calling me for a midnite snack.

You'll see a thread on here that advertises offers if they're around.

I love the sound of your indian food - something I love but have never been that successful in making myself despite years of trying so any recipes would be welcome. Good luck. x

Hi Sona - sorry you felt a bit ignored. I was lurking but should have posted something. Although they cost more, you may want to think about using a ready made shake for days when its hard to take your milk with you. They are more expensive but so convenient - I always have some in the car for if I get caught out to stop me dashing into a takeaway or sandwich bar. I've even been known to drink one after a night out if I can feel the local Miss Millies calling me for a midnite snack.

You'll see a thread on here that advertises offers if they're around.

I love the sound of your indian food - something I love but have never been that successful in making myself despite years of trying so any recipes would be welcome. Good luck. x

Hi Judith!
Ive managed to bring the milk in with me in a thermos that i keep in the fridge over night! so thankfully that is no longer a problem! Ive got a shaker glass from my hubby that he uses with his protien shakes and it makes the shakes lovelly and frothy!!

I had felt a bit peckish today for some reason so had my afternoon shake and my ww yogart together! I hope i dont get hungry later! eekk

I will try to get some low lac recipies for u if i can, to be honest i dont cook much indian food myself my MIL does all the cooking. I can just about put some stuff together but dont get much time to cook! Most indian cooking is high cal so its difficult! Its just all the oil thats used to cook the tomatoe/ onion/ garlic makes it very unhealthy! If i have indain food im goingt o try stick to eating chicken without the sauce or lentils.. not many options there! lolz WW do some loc cal sauces.. it think i might be able to adjust them a bit! cheating i know but it helps to work out cals!

hi sona dont worry about your weight fluctuating mine does the day before i get weighed tuesday jumped on the scales gained a pound come weigh day on weds lost 2 must be a water and wind thing:) thanks for the recipie will print it off later.. had a bar this morning instead of the shake will have that lunch time.. glad you had a good time at the pictures well done on the lollie only instead on nachos oh mmmm cheesy nachos yummy well you have a good day and will message you later..

I used to love the natchose at UCI cinema... but that closed own! i was really proud of myself! i only had half the love hearts aswell!! my hubby poor thing wasnt allowed popcorn either! hehe

Today a guy at work bought hershis chocloate from america ( holiday) and i had a sniff of the bag and passed it to the nect guy wthout even taking one!! now that was ground breaking!!! hehe good job im not a chocaholic!

I would live to read what you guys are eating / drinking.. maybe get some ideas!
Maybe have a thread just to write our daily menu? We had this on the atkins diet thread and it was reallly helpful!

Sona, my food plans are often a bit boring cos I have Slimfast once or twice a day as meal replacements. I planned to have a big veggie omelette tonight but as family have turned up I've switched to chicken fajitas which is fine. Because I never know if I'm cooking for one, two or three it is hard for me to plan. But the little stash of ready meals help if its one. Some of the lack of planning helps me with the not over-thinking about food. BUT it can also lead me to grab anything which is not good. Contrary aren't I??

morning sona morning Judith
hope you are both well this morning and diet still going strong at work today shame really to see how sunny it is outside:) could be doing the washing and other nice things well im off tomorrow to hopefully it will sunny again. having a meal bar this morning begining to like those esp the chocolate ones. and i have a shake for lunch.. tea not sure yet as hubbys cooking well have a good day both of you..

Hey gals!
Im loving the sun!! finally its come out again! We get some weird weather its grey one min and sunny the next! just need some heat now!

I had a big shop up on monday! got some frozen fish pies as the rest od the ready meals have meat in them! Asda had thier helathy ones on for £1. I got some froven veg, salad bits, half fat cheese, quorn burgers, fish pouches, chicken breast and some other stuff!

So i just chop n change stuff for dinner! Last night i had some veg with a bit of fish, chicken and quorn all on one plate! Im planning on making some sheaperds pie next week so that should take care of a 3-4 meals.

Do you guys look forward to ur dinner now?

i appreciate my dinner a lot more i savour every mouthful. which is great as before i just wolfed it down never touched the sides. i also tend to eat more slowly now which in turn takes me longer to eat. so im less hungery afterwards. think my tummy is shrinking now as i tend to get fuller quicker so that must be a good sign

Morning Sona and Peanuts. It sure is a beautiful day. I'm about to go out with my doggie but I still have a bad throat and so don't want to walk fast enough to get out of breath. Still be good to get out even if it doesn't count as exercise.

I had a really good day yesterday and I felt chuffed when I saw that the scales say I have lost the pound I put on last week and another pound. I'm a secret serial weigher who can weigh myself up to 4 times a day which I know is bad.

I'll have my morning shake before I go out and then a cup of 1/3rd milky coffee with a chocolate bar (100-160 cals usually) about 12. My next shake I have about 3-ish because I don't have supper until about 8pm (always been a late eater). Again, need to know who is in tonight before I decide on what - frozen dinner if just me, pasta or omelettes if more of us. My supper is usually about 450 cals which leaves me enough for 2 snacks if I need them (total about 300 cals). with the milk in my drinks this brings me to about 1300 cals for the day. It also means if I nibble on some grapes or a couple of crisps or (like yesterday) a mini chocolate brownie, I still shouldn't go over 1400. If I can stay in this routine its fairly easy (ha, when has dieting ever been easy???)

Have a lovely day both of you.
Judi x

i appreciate my dinner a lot more i savour every mouthful. which is great as before i just wolfed it down never touched the sides. i also tend to eat more slowly now which in turn takes me longer to eat. so im less hungery afterwards. think my tummy is shrinking now as i tend to get fuller quicker so that must be a good sign

Thats true i tent to eat more slowly now. I was looking through paul mckener or what ever he's called and people review that say that he says to put ur fork down after each mouthfull and chew ur food 30 times before u swallow and leave food on the plate. Apparently that will help to lose? i cant wait for my tummy to shrink... litrally!

Hey hun!
Walking is exercise! its the best type!
i used to be a seral weigher aswell but i get reallly p'd with myself when i have small aines so gona try leave WI till friday! im not expecting a great loss as ive gone from low carb to eating and drinking carbs so i hope to maintaine this week.. im terrified of the carbs finding me!!

If you dont mind me asking is it ok to eat more than 1200 cals? i was under the impression u had to sty stick to that amount? does it vary depending on how much u want to lose?

just had my lunch an hour late! was kinda getting peckish!
lush chocolate ultra slim shake with a kellogs choc chip bar. Yum

has anyone else lost thier taste for tea? i just cant seem to drink tea anymore, tastes awful! even the real suff not just vending machine!

Here's what I know about calories:

Everyone has a number of calories which should maintain their weight as it is (try Calories Per Day Calculator - Basal Metabolic Rate to work out what yours is). Mine is about 2300 (I got different scores from different sites so I split the difference). If you eat less than this the body needs to draw on its reserves i.e. fat to make up the difference. There are 3600 cals in one pound of fat. So my maths is:

1300 cals eaten per day = 1000 cals found from my reserves per day. Per week = 1000 x 7 = 7000 cals or 2 pounds of fat.

I believe most diets are set around this mark because if you start eating a lot less your body will panic into " the starvation reaction" and burn less cals in a bid to take care of itself.

This is how dieting works in its most basic form although food combining, Atkins, Lighterlife all show success with calorie counts that differ from this. But I'm not a scientist so can't explain ketosis and all that malarky. Increasing exercise increases your daily amount of calories and so increases the amount of calories taken from your reserves. Simple as...

Morning gals!

Hope you had a nice evening! ive done alright last night! managed to get 30 mins on my stepper in but no fruit last night!

Need to stop nibbling at stuff when i get home! got in to a bad habbit if having a nibble here n there! Going to try having my brekki shake a bit later in the morning... i Have it at 8.30 and im hungry again before lunch! So if i keep my shake for 9-9.30 then not eat again till lunch shake.. Maybe cut back on the snacks at work... That way i can have a snack at home after work instead of a nibble! :-s

Forgot to weight in today! will do tomorow morning!

Morning!

Yesterday stuck to plan with a ready meal curry in the evening. Felt a bit stuffed yesterday and worried that somehow I had mysteriously overeaten but scales are ok today.

Throat even worse today but still off out with dog as usual. Later I have a poker game which will mean a couple of drinks so I'll save some calories for this and have a Slimfast beforehand rather than a meal. Another game tomorrow but will cancel if I still feel ill. Roast lamb family meal planned for Sunday so I have given the weekend some planning this time.

Well done on sticking to plan Sona. Hope you are having a good week too Peanuts.

Have a great day. xx

Hey judith!
ur lamb roast sound delish! I might go for a chicken roast myself! lol
Im finding it a bit difficult today! i had my shake at 9;30 as planned.. but then felt hungry again so had a hot choch highlights at 11.

Again tummy rumbbling but hunger pang rumbling this time.. having my choc shake and ww yogart for lunch! I hope this hunger goes away soon! i cant seem to shake it off like everyone else does 5 days on!

Hi Sona, the hunger thingy is a real challenge. Sometimes I know it is craving rather than hunger but when it is hunger there's not a lot you can do except eat something. I think if I don't eat I am more likely to binge when I start eating later. This is where a "free" soup can come in handy - WW recommend one which is mostly cabbage but it doesn't take long to make and is a good filler until meal time. Being hot it also feels more filling than it is. I also use the Options Choc drink to try to help me last a bit longer. If I need a big choc fix I drink it with the WW choc cookies or a slimfast choc snack bar. The combination is a big choc hit for about 150 cals which isn't too bad. A pint of orange squash can help too.

Today I waited until I felt hungry before I had my first shake at about 11am, then my cup of coffee and a kit kat (naughty) about 2, then I've just had another shake at 5pm. I've got a bit of a headache that feels like a food one but I'm going to take a paracetamol rather than use it as an excuse to eat. Really fancying a cold beer in the sunny garden but its too early to start so came onto the computer to distract myself. Then I'm going to faff with my hair and hope this tides me over until my friends come at 7.30.

Also pulled out some 3/4 length jeans to wear with sandels cos of the sun and am chuffed to find they are not sprayed on as they were when I last wore them last Oct time. Yippee, nice to know it is making a difference.

xx

Hey judith!
hope u had a good time!

I had a really depressing day yesterday..for some reason i was depressed at work all day and just getting really irritated.. then cried most the evening. I even had 1/3 of a curly wurly to cheer me up but had no effect! The only thing it did achieve was hubby looking after me and saying he will make more effort to spend more time with me.
I guess i was feeling lonly.. iv not got many friends where i live now (moved when i got married to another town) and i rely on him to be there for me. Ive tried to make frinds but ive found most ppl will be nice when they need u for somic then dump u the moment they get what they want or thier own friends are back on the scene!

anyway, im sorry! rant over,
trying to be more posative today! (i dont suffer from depression by the way! just one of those days! i think i was home sick aswell)

So far today ive been happy, had a good laugh with the guys at work ( im the only girl in a team of 14) and yes i keep them all running circles around me!! hehe

Iv had a highlight hot choc as soon as i came in to work.. before my shake so might have my shake later.. already downed 4 cups of water so looks like i might get my 2 ltrs in today!

Let me know what ur all up to on this lovelly sunny day while i sit at work!!

Back