Sonban's weekly weight loss......

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
After much comfort eating and many, many take aways I decided to say a big bye to the unwanted fat and join SW. So here it goes my first weigh in I was 20stone :cry: and absolutly gutted as I thought I was 2stone lighter even though 18stone is still heavy. I have set a target to get to 10stone :eek: so need to lose half my body weight.

Weight loss:

Week 1: 10lbs

Hi Sonia, well I started at 25 stone 5lbs...though had lost a bit before hand.
It is hard work and very daunting if you look at the bigger picture. I would advise looking at your weight loss a stone at a time, this way it is easier and less daunting.

I have not been 100% as I have had quite a bit on my plate since the new year and have had moments when I have eaten.......

Why dont you turn this into a diary and you can put your feelings etc in here, I do this and find it helps.....

Hark at me waffling on...lol

What I meant to say was good luck, we can do this together. xx

Oh thankyou its so nice to have people who support and understand what you are going through. I have four children aged 8,4,3 and 2. My 4 year old has learning difficulties and I just found out he has togo to a special school and my 3 year old has been ill and we just found out she has Coeliac desease. Things like this can make you go back to the old habbits of eating but I am not going to let this happen this time. My children dont need a fat, unhealthy out of breath mum they need a strong minded and healthy mum which I am going to give them. So I am going to lose the weight and I know I can do it with support form people on here.

Wow 4 kids 8 and under...blimey you have your work cut out.
I also want to be able to take my boys swimming without looking beached. Joining them on fair rides, getting myself a bike and going out for rides.....! There is so much I have missed out on being big.

Welcome sonban
At my heaviest I was 21st 12lb with a BMI of 56 (I'm only 5' 2") so I can undertand how you're feeling.

Sonkie gives good advice when she recommends that you break your goal down into smaller 'chunks' because it can seem an unsurmountable task when you look at the big picture.

I'm currently back on CD after a 'blip' (thanks to Depo Provera ... never again!). This is an ongoing journey for all of us - even when we reach our goals we will have to battle to stay there so it's always great to have loads of support and encouragement.

Looking forward to sharing your weight loss journey with you :)

Welcome sonban
At my heaviest I was 21st 12lb with a BMI of 56 (I'm only 5' 2") so I can undertand how you're feeling.

Sonkie gives good advice when she recommends that you break your goal down into smaller 'chunks' because it can seem an unsurmountable task when you look at the big picture.

I'm currently back on CD after a 'blip' (thanks to Depo Provera ... never again!). This is an ongoing journey for all of us - even when we reach our goals we will have to battle to stay there so it's always great to have loads of support and encouragement.

Looking forward to sharing your weight loss journey with you :)

I know what you mean with the depo provera I have been on that too and it made me put on 3 stone. They said I may put on a couple of pounds on it but I didnt think they ment every week.:cry:But there you go thats in the past now time to look forward to the future.:D

I also was on the depo injection for a few years, it sure does pile on the weight.....!
Hope you have a good day today.

Hi Sonban

The best of luck on your weight loss journey ~ you will get all the support and luv you need here. Be it moaning about your kids or hubby or just sounding off you will find this site invaluable ~ I am hooked

I weighed in at a whopping 23 stone 10lb so I too know what its like to have alot of weight to shift. The task is just too big and over whelming if you look at the whole picture

I take it a day at a time and pat myself on the back each and every day I complete SS without cheating. When you think to the amount we used to eat we are all showing fabulous strenght of character to SS

It really helped me to do the little mini goals at the end of my signature and it breaks it down in achievable goals

Maybe you could set yourself a little goal ~ I would suggust to be in the 19's as your first goal and each time you tick them off a little smile sneaks in

When I broke the 20 stone barrier I felt like I had really cracked it !!!

Anyway enough already

Good luck and dont forget to keep posting

luv luv

Thanks sonya i had a bit of a struggle this week but 3lbs is good. I am going to get back on track now. My mini target for this next week is going to be 2lbs and I am determined to get it.:D

Hi all, just been to be weighed I have met my mini target of 2Lbs loss this week. I have now lost 1stone 1Lb in 3 weeks. I am over the moon. I also got my platinum award for excersize which I am chuffed about. I set another mini target of 2Lbs loss for next week.

Back