soon to be newbie

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Im planning on joining SW this week or next, shift dependant, I have done it many moons ago, and remember it costing me a bomb. I used to get through tons of muller lights, fresh fruit, alpen light bars, and the lean meat. Im concerned that cost is going to be a huge problem. I NEED to lose a minimum of about 7 stones :cry:Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the costs?

The only suggestion I have is to look out for good offers. There's always threads on here about places with good offers on. Will you be joining a class? If you get the countdowns you'll save a little there.

Green days are the cheapest plan, so you might want to do them most of the time.

Not only that alot of own brand foods are also free (saves you from buying mullers etc..) so i'd buy the Free food guide from group it's about £3, because it has all the supermarkets brands in it.

Planning. It's all about the planning. If you plan what your going to eat, write a list and stick to it you 'll save a ton.

Good luck with the plan.

xx

Completely agree with Stackhead. It's all about planning, I was also spending a fortune previously on meat mainly but now I try to only buy own brands plus EE and green are definitely more budget friendly. Also try looking at mysupermarket as you can see where the offers are but I use Asda and have seen loads of offers on couscous, rice, pasta, eggs and yogurts to name a few.

Good luck!

Back