Sooo...does Atkins really work??

Yes sophs, he died a horrible death, they basically had to start amputating bits off him because of his alcohol induced diabetes. toes, then feet, then calves and finally a thigh. Then he got MRSA, and finally just gave up the ghost and died. It was a relief for us, and I'm sure a relief for John.

(((hugs))) I can see why it was a relief. It must have been so hard for your family. it shows just where unhealthy addictions can lead. When people are a 'little merry' each day, the bigger picture becomes very blurred!

Thank you for sharing your sad story Jim xxxxxx

Thanks for listening love.

I agree with you guys both. You have to have the right mind set or it won't work..

Im sorry to hear about your brother jim, but you are right a person has to want to be saved in order to save them. Believe me growing up in Miami and watching my friends and neighborhood friends get involved in drugs and as much as I tried to take them to programs and intervene it didnt work..

sophs I bulimina is a serious eating disorder and the dangerous thing about it is that it's easy to hide.. I'm glad you are doing well with your battle.. I suffered from bulimina at one point in my life and can say I haven't had a relaspe in years..

Oh yes morenachica, you are so right. For John, the bottle was all he cared about.

Sad jim and in the end you feel guilty because you thought you could of done more. but when the truth is you can't save a person until they make that step and realized they need to be saved.

Exactly love, we all felt guilty, and then to be honest, we felt guilty at the relief.

Thanks for listening love.

No problem Jim. I consider you my friend, and feel honoured that you shared your sad story. Especially as it aided my understanding of just how far addictions can go xxx

I agree with you guys both. You have to have the right mind set or it won't work..

Im sorry to hear about your brother jim, but you are right a person has to want to be saved in order to save them. Believe me growing up in Miami and watching my friends and neighborhood friends get involved in drugs and as much as I tried to take them to programs and intervene it didnt work..

sophs I bulimina is a serious eating disorder and the dangerous thing about it is that it's easy to hide.. I'm glad you are doing well with your battle.. I suffered from bulimina at one point in my life and can say I haven't had a relaspe in years..

I had not relapsed since 2004. Then I went through a rough time in my life after having my youngest son. So, I had a couple of 'occasions' No days, or weeks. I felt disgusted with myself. But now with my counselling, new mindset and fab new way of eating, bulimic thoughts stay away. It is certainly a serious condition. A very dark and lonely one!

Exactly love, we all felt guilty, and then to be honest, we felt guilty at the relief.

That is totally understandable. But, you and your family probably could not have bared to watch him just keep dying that little bit at a time. You all did what you could xxx

Hi sophs, yes it is a dangerous condition and lonely and dark. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and haven't had any relapses. Counselling was an is a great thing for me and learning to love your body and eat healthier. It's ince to meet someone like yourself who has overcome this like myself... ((BIG HUGS)))

Jim, I'm sure it was diffcult to watch your brother literally drink himself to death and carrying around that guilt. You and your family did all that you could for him.. This is a testimony to how living with addictions can affect you.. (((BIG HUGS))))

Likewise :) It is hard to meet people who have been through the same, as not many admit to it...So, nice to meet you More (((Big Hugs))) xxx

ditto sophs.. big hugs back at ya :)

Thanks for the hugs girls. Made my day.

(((lots of hugs for Jim))) so you can smile for a few days!lol

ah thanks love, I'll come back and ask for more after I've seen the dentist this morning.

No problem Jim! I hope it went ok (((hugs)))

I'm back and I survived. :D

big hugs for surviving the dentist.. just mentioning the name makes me cringe..

Thanks love.

Back