Sooo not impressed with Consultant

Oh my word! How rude! Im sorry but u would not have been able to bite my tongue - you shod have heard me last week, putting my hand up to give a little 'umm you can have bran flakes, can't you?!'
That's the point, especially when they might have 4/5 classes a week - consultants can have off days like the rest of us. Perhaps she's one of those annoying people who think they are much funnier than they are. Or maybe she genuinely does not realise how she could inadvertently making people feel.

Is she at target,btw? The reason I ask is because once we had a stand in consultant who told us that since she'd been a c she had gained 1stone 10! Also, when doing the new members talk she said 'you can have as much as this as you like, even 10 bowls full of pasta if you're a greedy guts, and then sort of cast around the room with her finger... As if to say yeah you fatties... Urgh.

Anyway, I hope your c was just having an off day, give it another go - she could be really nice ;)
Perhaps act dumb (like I do!) 'oh, silly me I thought I could have 2 Heb's on a red... Could you explain for me' and other members may chip in.

Either way - good luck with your count down, lovely x

Maximus said:
Also, while I understand and as a newcomer your reluctance to say anything, I can't understand the "cringers" in the group keeping quiet.

If it is anywhere withing an hour of Gateshead let me know where. I'm not so reticent;)

As if you live near Gateshead? Which class do you go to? I used to to Kingston Park.

Jennyonaplate said:
I went to a class once where the instructor looked and dressed like waynetta slob, didn't seem to know the plan well, and kept telling people they were wrong if they offered good advice to another member which the consultant hadn't thought of.

The thing that really annoyed me though was that she would whine and ask everyone not to leave till they had helped her finish loading the car and clearing the room. Now i'm always more than willing to help, but there's a limit and at the end of the day it is her business which she should be working for. She used to make me feel like I was really selfish if I didn't stay and help. Needless to say I didn't go back after a few weeks!!!

I've seen a consultant like this! Especially the loading the car thing...

My old consultant was extremely rude & unprofessional towards members at times & being the person I am I didn't take any crap from her. Let's just say things didn't end that nicely when I last went to her class & I sure did never return lol! xxx

I've given feedback to sw head office on a couple of occaisions as they're a company which relies on the information the consultants provide, and also the treatment of the members. I know the consultants have bought a franchise and are self employed, so if they lose a member, they're also losing their own revenue, but it bugs me that bad consultants can really affect someone's view of the diet, which as we all know is brilliant, easy and works!!

I also think that something to bear in mind is that you are probably not going to be the only who has complained.

I complained about a WW consultant once she was just :eek: so rude and unfunny that when I spoke to the area manager she said that she had had several complaints about her and they were now looking in to it.. power in numbers and all that!

Re. my email of praise that I sent earlier this week to SW about my consultant, I received a lovely reply back so they definitely read the emails!

Last week me and my mum went to class and I put 1.5lbs on. When she came to me, I said I want you to skip over me and she said in front of everyone - you put on 1.5lbs and there is no shame in a gain. Yet I heard people whisper - she is the one who lost 2.5 lbs Xmas week. So this week when I put 0.5lbs on I left the meeting because I did not want her to tell the world I had gained.

I used to go to WW and they would ask who wanted to tell us how good they did, then said who wants to tell us how bad they did.

I have now changed SW groups. It got me mad because she said when we joined, you just have to say skip me and they do, but she did not. It was like she was annoyed that I lost 2.5 lbs over Xmas and she did not.

I dunno but she has lost two members because we are moving.

Thanks for your input everyone ....... am off to the same class tonight to see if there's any improvement. If not I'll take it from there ..... but will keep you posted!! :)

Hello x I have joined slimming world a number of times and I have not had an experience such as yours thank goodness otherwise I have never gone back x I have nothing but praise for my consultant, I know they have a lot to deal with with some individual members but she is fab with everyone x Lets just hope it was a one off!!
Good luck!!

Our C always mentions gains - I didn't know it was an issue? She is generally pretty direct but she delivers it well and I believe she is one of the most sucessful Cs in the area. Lots of people stay to class so I guess her style is popular.

I have actually just moved class as my friend has just started up so I only know these two Cs and both are lovely.

I'd certainly have a word if you dont feel comfortable.

Am looking forward to seeing what happens tonight. Hope she's alright. My C mentions gains but in a very constructive and helpful way. I'm sure she wouldn't say anything if you asked her not to though.

My consultant says "oh dear, you have gone the other way a bit" and then leaves it to the member to reveal more, or not. Some might say "a bit?? - that was three pounds!", some might not say anything at all.

But consultants are not supposed to say how much you have gained.

I swapped groups and this consultant is miles better. A lady put weight on and she said, 'would you like a food diary for the week?' I thought that was a brilliant idea, and if I put weight on (which I am sure I will again at some point) I will welcome her diary with open arms.

Well I went back to class last night and OMG it was just as bad, if not worse!!

The C's daughter (who takes payment) let slip how much at least 3 members WEIGHED!! Not just how much they'd gained!!

She also said to one member - that's not a small gain - 6½lb is a bl00dy big gain mate!!

Then the consultant proceeded to tell us that one member who put on last week (her first week and * week btw - which she called 'the blob') had lost 5½lb this week and she'd looked at her food diary and decided it was because she'd eaten too many potatoes!!

She then explained that on EE, SW like you to fill 2/3s of your plate with meat/fish and veg and 1/3 with potatoes!!!

A lady who I recognised from another group I've been to challenged her about this and she nearly bit her head off!!

And then .... this is the worst bit, she was asking if any of us watch the biggest loser - one lady said that she'd actually applied to go on but had been turned down because she wasn't big enough - cue the consultant going - not big enough?? OMG you're joking!!!

She did afterwards say she was sorry for sounding so astonished that she wasn't classed as big enough .. but the damage was already done!!

Needless to say I won't be going back there and there will be an email being sent to head office about it!

My friend was laughing at me because she said my face was just a picture all the way through it ..... it was just outrageous tho!!

(I'm sure she said much more utter tosh but those are just the bits that stood out)!

xx

Oh my God she sounds horrendous! Definitely complain to Head Office, I'm sure they'll be as disgusted as you were! Not just about her attitude but the fact that she's getting the plan wrong!

OMG how rude !!! Some Ppl find it really hard to go to group ... And when there want encouragement which is what we all expect from a consultant !!! Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself that's what I say :) .... Oh how I would love to be a Consultant .... Were all there for the same reason no matter how much we have to loose and we all have a problem with food else we wouldn't be there ... And consultants no what we are going through and they are there to help us all !!!!!! Ok rant over !!

Omg this woman and her daughter sound horrendous. They need to be reported right away as they are setting a bad example to sw. Maybe I'd go back and record it all to show how bad they are lol!

xxxx

There are so many SW rules and principles being ignored, it is hard to know where to start!!

But the most important one is confidentiality. It is something that SW takes very seriously, and what you are describing is just unforgiveable.

Good luck with your complaint.

Back