Sophies Diary

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by SophieShrinks, 20 December 2009 Social URL.

1. SophieShrinks

SophieShrinks Member

My first entry. Can't pretend this is the first time I've tried to lose weight. I sent the entirety of my teenage years hating my body, convinced I was huge and starving myself ... at the weight of 112lbs. Looking back now it was ridiculous. I developed a dreadful relationship with food and after I left home to go to university began to binge and starve. I have gained 30 lbs.
    I want to develop a healthy relationship with food again. I'm hoping weight loss will come with this. At a steady pace. I have finally realised at the age of 19 that quick fixes are not the answer.
    My aims:
    -incorporate regular exercise into my lifestyle
    -take the challenging option, use the stairs, walk instead of driving
    -eat three meals a day and stop my disgraceful snacking habits
    -make healthy choices
    -drink plenty of water all day long
    -control my portions, stop when i'm full!!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Sounds like a sensible plan Sophie :clap:

welcome to minimins [​IMG]
  4. SophieShrinks

SophieShrinks Member

thankyou KD. gosh your weight loss is amazing..congrats!
    today has been positive.
    I have had my three meals, all sensible portions. I did not even finish my tea because I was full. I skipped the bisuits and coffee for dessert and had a fruit tea and an apple instead. I went for a long walk instead of watching TV this afternoon even though its freezing.
    I turned down the chocolate my friends kept offering to me.
    I did not snack. I drank plenty of water.
    I am determined to make every day a positive day :)
    bring on tomorrow!
    Oh PS. I left my scales at university so am unable to weight myself until the 17th of January! A little bit of a daunting thought for me as usually I weigh everyday but I know this is obsessive and a habit I need to break as it usually leads up to a binge or starvation period if I have gained or lost weight. Hopefully this weight it gives me a goal date to keep positive for and maybe I will see a good result in a months time. fingers crossed!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.