Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

I'm started to get excited now. I bought one of my last few bits I need the other day, a spare camera battery ;) And that arrived today. Every now and then I get a jolt of "OMG, I'm going to the arctic!" We're timed it well because the solar storm activity is at it's highest in I *think* 150 years, so it's an excellent time to see the Northern Lights. Hopefully! I'll be gutted if I'm there for over a week and don't see them lol. But yeah, very exciting! Horrifically expensive, but it'll be worth it and most of the gear I can reuse for dog walking and the likes :)
I'm a bit worried about the cold as I've recently been diagnosed with Raynauds Phenomenon. It's brought on by cold and stress! It effects my fingers and toes, makes them white and numb, then incredibly painful and swollen. I just need to be sensible when I'm away. We have a lot of our own gear, but the travel company provides all the heavy duty stuff, so I'll be fine. Hopefully ;)

Definitely read Lunar Park! That's a fantastic book. Glamorama is very good too. I'm sure I have read Rules of Attraction, but if I have it was a long time ago. I've seen the film and thought it was alright, had it's comedy moments. I just think his books are so indepth and the characters and relationships so rich that they couldn't possibly get it all in a film lol.

It's really odd that you say that you're finding it difficult to find an undocked dog. It's illegal now!! Has been for a very long time. You can only have a dogs tail docked by a vet and you have to prove that it is for working or medical purposes. So all these breeders doing it at home with scissors or elastic bands are doing it illegally!! It's horrific :( I agree with tail docking in some circumstances, but I like tails too!! And a house dog has no need for it's tail to be removed! I was shocked when we rehomed my youngest, as he has a half docked tail :confused: And he's only 6, so well within the illegal docking time!
Anyway, if you haven't checked, look for a Kennel Club registered breeder. Or even contact a cocker rescue and see if they have any pups or even know of decent breeders for the type you want :)
Females will always sell first, because it's easy money for breeding unfortunately.

Where we lived when we had Bob we had a 1/4 of an acre of land, so he just did his own thing. The thing about dog walking times is it's a guideline and every dog is different. I'm a terrible owner and don't walk my dogs anywhere near as often as I should. But they're both really laid back, relaxed dogs, so not had any issues with excess energy or anything. I always remember the advice Dogs Trust used to give when I helped out there "Anything over 20 minutes is a bonus" ;)

I have Ellie, who's a collie x retriever x shepherd lol She's an old lady dog now at 11! And Dave is a scruffy Jack Russel :) Both rescue dogs! Our old dog Jack found us as a stray!
As far as breeds go, Gundogs are lovely, they really are. A little dopey and 'blonde' ;) But they have wonderful temperaments and personalities. You've picked well with a Cocker :) Springer's on the other hand are batshit crazy :p

Lol! My boyfriend's brother just got a Springer and apparently it leaps over their sofa when it's going mental- it's still really young, less than a year, but apparently they are struggling with it! Great to hear positive comments about cockers though, my bf was a bit worried a working type would be too similar to a springer energy wise!
A lot of the ads online for puppies do say 'legally docked' or 'docked by vet' but not all of them and some of them go for so cheap... So I can't say they actually have gotten the plyers at them, but still. I have checked KC listings and shelters but no luck. The KC website listings tend to ask you to put a name on the waiting list before the pups are even born- then wait 12 weeks to get them! We've been to impatient as we want one NOW and have done for months, but if we'd put our name on a waiting list we'd probably have one by now- sigh! We have everything ready, the crate, the food, the lead, etc! I put an ad on a facebook page for working cockers too and a lot of people commented aggressively about me looking for an undocked one, even though I explained it was to be a house pet only and that it would never be in a field where it's tail is in danger :/ if a show type doesn't need to be docked then surely neither does a non-field working type!?

We don't actually have a garden, so it would be a huge commitment to take it out for walks twice a day to do it's business and run around. We live on the first floor of a maisonette where there is lots of space/long corridors to charge around (after the cat probably!) but we luckily have a public park just across the road- it's a fair sized field for London! And it's walled off from the roads though literally across the road from our house. I really LOVE playing with dogs though, I looked after my dad's labradoodle for a few days at their place once and could play fetch all day (with the rounders bat so the ball goes really far! Love hitting balls like that!)

I know it sounds kinda crazy to have a dog without a garden but I've thought a lot about it and think we are such animal lovers that we'll be aching to take it out. There are loads of great places around us to walk dogs- woodland areas and parks and such! And as we are home most days of the week we'll definitely have enough time to look after a pup :D

I've read that mental stimulation is the most important thing for dogs anyway, so if your dogs get lots of attention at home then I'm sure that keeps them content regardless of how many walks they get? :eek: Jack Russells seem lovely- my friend has two and a siamese cat and they all curl up on top of each other to sleep- so cute!! https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376927_10150947216613215_1787294806_n.jpg

Man, I'm so jelly of your arctic trip! I hope your condition doesn't get in the way, have you got some of those gel heat pack thingies? I keep one in my camera bag for when my fingers are too cold to camera operate, can imagine they'd be a life saver in the snowy conditions and you just boil them in water to be able to re-use them later!

x

Ice cream machine attempt 2 went great today! Made myself some free FF frozen yoghurt which I added vanilla essence and sweetner to before churning in the pre-frozen machine. I added 1 tsp of honey to it which was nice :p
I then tried to make a second batch while it was still cold and threw in a bunch of frozen berries (without defrosting first). I bought these berries when I started SW expecting to have them for breakfast but couldn't get them right :/ horrible frozen, soggy defrosted! So I tried to shove them in the ice cream machine but it wasn't great :p they did defrost as the machine was slightly thawed out, but they were too chewwy/hard, cheap fruit that wasn't in season I guess! Oh well!

I'm doing my first Red day today! Bit scary! I made a soup which I'll be tucking into with cheese topped Rivita later (might grill it a bit first like cheese on toast, wonder how that would be :p possibly not great but I do like to experiment!) but for now that frozen yog has filled me up!

For exercise I played Exerbeat on the Wii again and burned 1200 calories earlier! Woop! Was so nice with the sun pouring into our attic bedroom this morning, we have balcony window doors up there so it really brightens the room (but the condensation between the worn double glazing conveniently stopped the builders on the roof next door seeing in!) really nice to see sunshine, refreshing and motivating. Guess I've been a bit of a night owl editing recently so I'm used to just 3 hours of light a day :S nice to wake up in the AM- ha!
I did 40 minutes of fast paced stuff (boxercise, hip hop dance, Karate and some aerobics) then did half an hour of Yoga and Pilates which is a first for me. Though I must add that about 20 minutes of it was the warm ups which were basically just breathing and light arm stretches, so not exactly exercise! But I managed a 4/5 difficulty mode which I'm surprised at. I'm going to attempt to keep at it after all the success stories on here with yoga, a couple of the moves nearly milled me though :p

Food for the day!

First time trying a RED day! I feel like I eat way too many carbs on SW so will try to get Red days happening every so often!

_______

Breakfast: FF Yog, blueberries, banana

Lunch: Chicken and tomato salad (1 syn of light salad cream) and some cold bolognase from a couple of days ago (sooo nice)

Dinner: a weird plate of random foods! Scrambled eggs, chicken frank furters (2.5 syns each x 2), Asparagus, homemade soup (onions, courgettes, peppers, passata and carrots) with 3 x sweet onion rivita (HexB1) with 50g of sliced cheese (HexA x 1.5) melted on top under the hallogen grill, dunked into the soup- MMM!! Most random stuff thrown together but was craving protein so threw the eggs in and it was really nice!! ESPECIALLY liked the grilled cheese on the Rivita dunked in the soup! Had some ketchup with the eggs (1 syn)

Snacks: Half a refrigerated Curly Wurly (4 syns for half), home made FF frozen yoghurt with fruit! 2 syns for the honey I topped it with.

Syns total: 13

Exercise for the day 70 mins.
Total for the week so far: 215/240! Wow, I hope I can keep this up :D only started the count on Tues, might have to up the weekly minutes it for more of a challenge!

Dad just invited me over for Tuesday evening. I said yes, am excited to see my little half sisters (Lucy, 11, who I've been very close to since she was born and Lola, 7) who I don't get to see very often. Then he text back saying "oooh, Tuesday is pancake day!" Oh no! So I'll be there for pancake day!! No idea what to do about this as I really don't want my family knowing I'm on a diet. My mum and brother know and I'm cool with that, but my dad's side of the family are hardcore yo-yo dieters, always losing the weight then putting it back on or losing a stone and then gaining two and I'm DETERMINED not to be like them. I already feel way stronger than they are mentally about this diet!

Anyway, I really don't want them knowing because my weight scenario is something they've made me feel **** about since I was 13 and I really don't want them knowing they got to me, I want them to think I am happy as I am and that the weight is just falling off me because I'm a happy person who doesn't have to eat to feel good ;) loool. Ok, so big fat liar, basically, but I just don't want them to know. I am doing this for ME and I don't want it to be about anyone else. Once one of that side of the family finds out it'll spread like wild fire to my family in Switzerland and Canada within the day. The extended family are so huge and such gossipers! I don't want them all putting pressure on me losing weight with expectations. Not to mention I'll probably have all of my frigging aunts and cousins facebooking me about it and revealing to all my friends too. Eugh!

Sigh. Not sure what to do. Guess I could eat before I go to my dad's and play the "I'm not hungry" card and watch them and my boyfriend eat a dozen sugary syrupy pancakes each... or... or...!?! DILEMMA!! Ideas anyone!?

Springers are lovely, but proper mental ;) Haha! I used to dog sit 3 in one house. Absolute mental cases!

Yeah, most decent breeders will ask you to go on a waiting list so they can see you are serious about getting one of their dogs. It's so hard when you want one right now, but it is worth the wait, I promise! Sounds like you have all your stuff ready anyway :) Another really good thing to do is look up local training classes and get on their waiting lists asap too. It's great for owners, but even better for the dog lol. If anything it'll teach them manners around other dogs and people :)
Don't worry about not having a garden, I'm sure there are plenty of people without a garden who have dogs. It may make house training a bit more tricky, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Mental stimulation is massively important to dogs, which is part of the reason I wouldn't personally have a single dog. But yeah, lots of games and training sessions help, esp with a younger dog. And there are some great toys and games you can get now. Gundogs in particular like hide and seek games :D
I know you're in London, but if you ever get the chance to go to Crufts it's fantastic for picking up info, training tips, toys, etc... Or even discover Dogs, which is on at Earls Court in Nov/Dec. That's like Crufts without the dog showing! It's great for talking to breeders/owners of breeds :) I go to Crufts every year (for at least 6 years in a row lol), but I leave for Sweden when it's on this year :cry:

Jack Russels aren't lovely!! They're horrible, yappy, snappy little ******* ;) Dave is my 2nd Jack lol. I'm definitely a big dog person, but terriers win me over. I'm the go-to person in work with naughty terriers hahahaha! I desperately want a Border Terrier.
That photo is so cute!!!

This is my favourite pic of when we had all 3 of my dogs: The hounds.jpg Dave's the skinnier jack russel, Jack's on the right, and Ellie's hogging the camera.

I have a lot of stuff to hopefully protect me against the cold, plus the stuff they give us. I did consider the heat packs, but I'd have to take loads coz I wouldn't be able to boil or microwave them to re-use while we were there. For at least the first holiday we'll be in very basic wilderness huts/cabins and there's a chance we might have to camp. So can't really take things I need to do stuff to, if that makes sense?

Looks like you're really getting in to exercising :D I miss running and karate SO much! I'd been back at karate for about 4 months and was looking to move up a grade when my hip and knees got so bad I had to stop. So bloody frustrating :mad: I did some nice dog walks yesterday tho, so at least that's something. I have to walk my dogs separately. Dave is young and can go forever and loves anyone and everything. Ellie's an old lady with a serious condition, arthritis, and is fear aggressive towards anyone and everything lol.

Also glad your frozen yogurt turned out better this time. I know exactly what you mean about frozen fruit being rubbish. I used to buy it when I first started SW, but it's horrible :p

Not really sure what to suggest for your pancake dilemma. Could you maybe have a low syn day and then allow yourself just one pancake so it doesn't look too suspect? Must be really hard to have to hide being on a diet, but totally understand it from what you've said :(

I saw Warm Bodies and Wreck It Ralph this evening :D xx

Tetris I've read all your diary and have to say your writing style is great - so readable I can almost imagine it's you speaking lol.

Well done on all your fantastic achievements so far - I'm sure you'll get where you want to be with such focus and determination.

I know what you mean about the Wii Fit getting to be less of a challenge. I combine it with other exercising, games and playing badminton and walking the dog (Welsh Border Collie) You'be inspired me to order a copy of Exerbeat!

I'm a keen cinema goer - we go most weeks. I loved Les Mis (was a fan of the stage production too). I hope Anne Hathaway gets the Oscar she deserves. We saw Zero Dark Thirty last week which was compelling viewing albeit a little on the long side. I was impressed with Jessica Chastain. Looking forward to seeing Django Unchained and Lincoln.

Re the pancake dilemma. Have one, syn it and take aaaaggggeeeeessss to eat it. :)

Thanks so much, I'm flattered re: writing style comment :D my boyfriend used to say such things before we were dating when we had skype text convos ^^ makes me keen to get started on another novel! Loving your Diary too so it's lovely to have you here!

I hope you love Exerbeat as much as we do! I adore it and my fella has played it for so long today he said the sound effects are haunting him haha! I love the wii fit too but I didnt have enough variation before, great to mix things up now that we have SIX new fitness games! Havent even tried two of them yet but will save them for when I've over played exerbeat ;)

I really hope Anne Hathaway wins thenoscar for her Les Mis performance too, despite my rant on the film earlier I thought she was extraordinary. Let me know whatbyou think of Django!
No reviews from me recently as I'm stuck in finishing an editing project that I WILL finish tonight!!

OH has gone to cinema without me to see Bullet to the Head and pick up some groceries, time to focus!

1 pancake sounds like a good idea :p but it will be a test of my will power fo sho. Last year I had about 10 covered in syrups and choc sprrad etc! Eek, 5 million syns worth! Hehe x

Cheekychinchilla- just saw your reply! I will have to get back to you when I've finished editing as I've been procrastinating long enough :rolleyes: mobile app beeps whenever a subbed thread is replied too, minimins is sooo great for procrastination!!

Ok, every now and again the editing (video) needs to render (which takes several minutes and literally makes the software unusable until it's finished) so I'll start replying during those pauses :p

Cheekychinchilla- that pic is so cute! The dog at the front is totally photobombing like "take a picture of me instead!" haha!
I went to the KC show this year at Earls court :D it was so great and the first time I'd gotten to meet some working cockers which made me fall in love with the breed even more. LOVED seeing all the different breeds though!
I've always been a cat person but the past couple of years have become a dog person too! I used to be scared of dogs when younger as I got attacked by one which bit my leg, but after my dad got his labradoodle (the most WONDERFUL temperament ever!) I started to love dogs :D I think I love all animals really, my boyfriend does too. Our cat gets SO much attention it's insane, he's very much a 'spoilt only child' right now :p I'm sure he'll end up cuddling with the dog like in that other picture as he's SO cuddly with my mum's cat. Our other cat wouldn't have it, but he used to try and spoon him sometimes too:
L1+Z.jpg
That's Zombie at the front who we lost in October when he got hit by a car (have never cried so much in my life) and that's 'Little One' behind (the ginger) who I couldn't think of a name for when he was a kitten and he eventually started responding to 'Little One' so unfortunately that name stuck :p I like to call him Lil' Juan (inspired by the awful rap artist who I find hilarious, Lil' Jon) but my boyfriend refuses to call him that :p
Anyway- I really hope he'll take to our pup like this when we get her! He is always a bit territorial at first but also made friends with my mum's kittens when we looked after them after a couple of days of hissy fits, so I recon eventually they'll snuggle which will be SO CUTE :D hopefully he can provide some stimulation for the dog too as he's so frigging mental. He's only 2 but still acts like a kitten charging around the house all day. ^^ I'd love a second dog too, can't imagine it's too much more work as they both go for walks together and such? But we'll see how it goes with the first one, first!
The plan for house training is to use the balcony- we bought one of these fake grass patches with a drain below, so we'll train the pup on that indoors and when it gets the hang of it (and the weather gets better) we'll put it on the balcony. We keep the balcony door open all day in the summer as the roof is so stuffy otherwise, and the cat just loves climbing onto the roof! The puppy wouldn't be able to get through though and we're hoping that by after the summer it would be so used to using it up there that it could scratch on the door and let us know when it needs to go, while it's bladder is still small. I think it's a flaw proof plan! LOL, I'm sure it'll be just havoc though ;)
Lil' Juan was TERRIBLE when we first got him, I think he'd been taken from his mum too early by the pet store (he was an impulse buy!) as he used my bed as a litter tray for about 6 months! Ugh! Luckily kitten pee doesn't smell. The first week I had my boyfriend living here though (6 months after the bed peeing had stopped) he peed on it again and it STANK! He must have been marking his territory or something :S anyway, can handle puppy pee but preferably not on the feather duvet! Unfortunately, even though we've had it dry cleaned, it probably still has a detectable scent of cat urine that a dog might feel obliged to cover :/

Will you be bringing everything in a backpack for your trip then? Understand about essentials only! I'd suck at backpacking because I can hardly carry all of my camera gear on my back, let alone the rest :| I did the Duke of Edinburgh bronze and silver awards at school and the backpacks nearly killed me- not to mention at festivals! I think I'd want to bring a wheely bag when traveling :p Having said that, if camping and you have to cook things you could just shove the heat pack in with your pasta lol!

What belt were you on in Karate? I did Karate and Tae Kwon Do for a year each as a teenager, I got a belt in Tae Kwon Do. Exerbeat actually has the Karate cartas on it- so cool! You have to unlock them and they don't really teach them step by step- they teach you all of the moves in the other exercises but then put them all together like BAM at full speed- so it'll take time to re-learn that :p but I do remember bits which is really cool! I did karate when I was 15 or something!

How were Warm Bodies and Wreck it Ralph!? Have made commitments to friends to see them with them so will have to wait *hmph* am so used to just getting up and going in the middle of the day whenever I want to see something :p gosh I'm impatient! How did Warm Bodies compare to the book? :)

Nice that you understand the hiding the diet thing :/ I guess it's also to do with pride, I've always wanted to give off this "I'm OK with being fat!" thing because I'm actually ridiculously embarrassed about it! But part of me is also scared they'll all point fingers if I fail- my family are quite brutal like that. To start with I was so nervous that I might give up wihtin the week as with no diet attempts in my life I had no idea how it would be, but now I'm actually ENJOYING it- woah! But I'm still not ready to tell people :p

Editing is going well- phew! The video should be complete within an hour if I knuckle down.

Am having a low syn day today as tomorrow we're driving down to Kent to visit my boyfriend- Gerard's- parent's. Its the first long drive for my Gerard who just got a car- he's never driven in London before the odd trip this year or on motorways and it's about a 2 hour drive so he's quite nervous! He doesn't want to drive back in the dark so there's a chance we'll be staying over which means more meals off of SW plan :| makes me nervous, but I certainly don't know his parents well enough to be picky with food :/ have only met them half a dozen times! They usually eat healthily (we are going for Lunch no matter what) but might order a take away if we do stay the night, for dinner! EEK.
I haven't been doing weekly syns this week and have been eating most of my syns whilst ravenously on my period, so guess I'll carry them forth to next week... and bail on pancakes at my dad's :/ either way, I'll be cautious if they do have a take away and fill up on rice (which apparently they alway boil their own, so will be syn free!)

_________

Food diary: another Red day! Pretty boring as far as writing it down goes though :rolleyes:
Am surprised at how un-hungry I've been today- soup has kept me going for 7 hours- wahh!? Never ever would have seen that as a possibility a few months ago. Period is finally over so appetite is much easier going!

Breakfast: FF yog, chopped banana, blueberries

Lunch: Same as yesterday's dinner, really! Homemade soup dunked into with HexA and HexB of cheese topped rivita (grilled), scrambled eggs and a finely chopped chicken frank furter on the side (2.5 syns) and a lil' bit of ketchup (1 syn). Such a weird but satisfying combo of foods, I'll def have that more often :D

Snack/Dinner: just had a Roast Chicken mugshot into which I broke up a small chunk of cold cooked chicken breast which made it even nicer :D particularly like that flavour. Muller light also and a cheese string (2.5 syns) a bit before. Not sure if it'll be enough for dinner but will probably just have some more rivita/cheese combo with soup later :D

At any rate: 6 syns for the day so far, and attempting to keep it low for the dreaded 'in-laws' (not quite, ha) food fest visit tomorrow!

________

I think part of the reason SW is so easy is because, apart from xmas and being away x 3 to dubai in December, I've been at home the whole time, giving myself full reign on what I'm eating! I've made a couple of pack lunches when going out, too, but haven't really had many scenarios to dodge as I've been a bit of a reclusive this year :p I guess the real challenges will be when I'm shooting more as the days get longer and social occasions where I'm used to binge drinking! Can't believe I haven't been drunk in about 6 months :O
Do you guys find SW harder in conjunction with work than just at home? Or have you got the pack lunches down to a T?

Dinner at Gerard's parents house was much easier than I thought! Roast chicken and lots of veg (buttered, unfortunatley) and there was fruit with ice cream so I didnt have to watch everyone eat icecream- could tuck into fruit ^^

Saved 9 syns yesterday and 2 the day before which I think covers the butter, oil, gravy and spoonful of stuffing. Will continue as if any other day now, easybon the sybs this eve though.

My weekly syns restart tomorrow and I'm going to WI then too as I'm trying to make that my new weighing day (have recorded the past few mondays)!

Hoping for a decent loss as I did burn off 3500 cal and more while exercising this week.

I'm glad tonight went well. I hate being awkward about food, and being a veggie means that's automatic to everyone else :p But I also hate not being in control of my food! Think you did really well :D

I'm so sorry about Zombie :( Apart from cats being pure evil :whistle: This is what has been torn over having a cat. I think it's unfair to have a purely house cat, but it would terrify me having a kitty that goes out too. My childhood cat was killed on the roads and it must be so heartbreaking :( You little ginger Juan is so cute :D And that should totally be his name hehe.
Kitten pee on beds does not sound like fun. Naughty animals!!

That's so cool that you've been to Discover Dogs. I would recommend there or Crufts to anyone thinking of getting a new dog or a different breed. You learn so much from people who genuinely love their breed. Not just breeders who want your money, but owners how show for the love of their dog - if that makes sense? I've fallen in love with many breeds at Crufts.

Because we're going on holiday for so long and doing slightly different types of holiday - the first one is hardcore trek stuff whereas the second one is easier going in a less harsh environment kinda thing - we need to take a lot of stuff! Especially as we will have 2 whole days without the heavy duty gear the tours give us, because we have an overnight stay to link the two holidays. So taking big-ass cases each and for the first holiday we're allowed a 10kg allowance on each sled ( we get a dog team/sled each) and they provide the bags, so we'll be really limited with what we can take. The 2nd holiday is based between two chalet/lodge 'hotels' so we'll be much more comfortable and have access to all our stuff. It's mental taking SO much stuff, but outdoor gear is so bulky (esp ski pants!) and we're packing for like 3 different types of outdoor holiday lol.

I only got to my 3rd belt when I originally did karate - I was about 16. Then last year I changed styles after meeting a friend who also wanted to go back, but I went back to her old class so had to start from scratch. It was similar, but with some quite obvious differences. I was due to grade in December, but my hips and knees got so painful I just couldn't go. My hip is incredibly sore, even just sitting cross legged and my knees crunch & pop just going up or down stairs. I've only just turned 30 ffs!! I adore karate tho and I really wish I could still go. Kata was my favourite bit tho, so you've really got my interest with that game now ;)
I used to do Tai Chi when I was younger too and love the flowing movement that is quite similar to karate kata. I find it really relaxing!

Before Wreck it Ralph there's a beautiful short called Paperman. It's been released online now, legally!, and I'd check it out. It's a stunning bit of animation :) Ralph was fantastic. The animation is superb, the characters are really well done, it's very funny, and if you've ever played the likes of Mario or sonic there'll be plenty of laughs with gamer 'in jokes' that you'll spot. Not sure the 3D is worth the effort, but I'm not really a 3D fan.

Warm Bodies I am SO pleased with!! Only a few teeny deviations from the book and the film does it justice. The feel of it is exactly the same as the book - lighthearted and from the point of view of the zombie. The soundtrack kicks ass as well! I really don't think it could have been done any better. in fact, I saw it again today ;)

I really enjoy SW too. I'm in my 3rd year of it (I'm a very slooooow loser) and still enjoy it. Sometimes I moan about it, but who doesn't moan about stuff? But yeah, I think it's a fantastic way of living. Stick with it dude :D xx

I can imagine being a veggie is awkward when others cook for you! How long have you been a veggie?

Ooh glad Warm Bodies was so good, looking forward to it and Wreck it Ralph!
Only alowed 10kg for arctic expedition- woah! My camera gear alone weighs 18kg :rolleyes: keep getting in trouble at airports when flying with it as hand luggagae but stupidly if I unload it all and wear the camera and a huge lens around my neck for 5 minutes, they let it through :S lol.

Discovery dogs was really great, I agree about breeders- they never have a bad thing to say about their pups so it's hard to tell if they are just in love with them or trying to get big bucks!

Yesterday we saw Gerard's brother's Springer and he was just insane. G's bro said that the working cockers are even more mental and fast where he takes his springer for classes :/ I want a dog I can cuddle too! It made me a bit nervous as this dog didnt stop running around for the whole 4 hours we were there... They've been having huge problems training him too... Though it was a male so hopefully a female might be a bit calmer? The working cockers I've met seemed pretty docile but were a bit older than this Springer that is just a year old. Makes me even more want to rehome an older one but Gerard REALLY wants to 'raise' it from a pup!

I only got one belt in Karate but would love to get back into it or start boxing! I did one trial boxing class at the gym down the road and LOVED it! Felt so pumped! But then they cancelled the class when I went to join :( have been looking for somewhere else since! Car will help now, but I'd rather somewhere I can cycle to.
Played a bit of Tai Chi on the wii fit which I really enjoyed :D ideally would like to join a place that does all these things that I can pay a monthly fee for and go to as many as I like! There is a place 15 mins from me that does that sort of deal but insanely pricey, £100+ a month. Will stick to Exerbeat for now :p LOVE it (did I make that clear yet?) unlocked some 30 minute exercises last night in Boxing and one of them burns 800 calories!!! Yesss! (calorie burn takes in to mind BMI though) will be trying that later!

HORRIFIC realisation last night that I'd been synning STANDARD packs of Chocolate buttons as 4 syns as I thought they were mini packs!! Standard packs are 8.5 syns!! OH CRAP. So I totally went over my weekly syns as I had 4 packs :| that's over a whole day's extra syns :( however, I did save 13 EXTRA syns for yesterday's lunch with the in (not-so) laws which I'm pretty sure I didn't need in the end, so I recon I probably went about 10 syns over :/

ANYWAY. I decided "Ok, screw this, this better not effect my damn loss this week!" and worked out the calories of those 4 bags of Chocolate buttons; 170cal x 4 = 680cal, then proceeded to exercise them all off! I was so determined that I ended up burning off 1220cal, nearly double! Feeling good about that :)
I had my sneaky monday weigh in and have lost 3 pounds since my usual Thursday weigh in which was at that time of the month so I was a pound up. Kinda hoped after the mammoth (to me!) amount of exercise I've been putting in that I'd have had a jaw dropping loss to make up for last week, but 2 pounds less than before, I'll take that. Hopefully this Thurs I'll have some more exciting digits so I feel like * week weight loss caught up with me and wasn't wasted.

Not sure what my exercise mins for the week are but this morning I surpassed the 210 mins (30 mins a day x 7) goal on Exerbeat with an extra 20 minutes. I also did an 45 minutes of Biggest Loser Challenge last week so am probably at 275 mins so far :) yay!
I managed to unlock some longer exercises this morning on Exerbeat and burt off 750 cal in one 25 minute boxing exercise, awesome! Might try to do another long one later but have this editing to finish. I wanted to finish it on Friday but the credits and logos were only just sent to me so have to do all that now instead (procrastinating on here again!)

x

Being veggie shouldn't be awkward, but people really make it out to be. A bit annoying! I at some fish/birds, but no other meat for about 13 years, but went proper veggie a few years ago. I don't really have any reasons behind it and will sometimes have a bit of turkey at Christmas. And I am determined to try some stuff while I'm away, just as part of the experience really :)

Yup, just 10kgs of our own gear. Nuts eh?! I've no idea how we're supposed to take what we need and for it to only weigh that much :confused: Airports are so funny about stuff like that aren't they?! I remember Mum having to take stuff out of her case once and put it in to her hand luggage. But it's ALL going on the plane!!

Honestly, Springers are mental. Absolutely insane! Cockers are bright and lively, but have nothing on Springers. Their personality is so 'light' and friendly and they're quite independent and not usually clingy, which Springers can be. I really don't know what to suggest. Btw, I find females more aloof and difficult to train compared to males who generally just want to please. I'm a big fan of male animals as I find them mostly more relaxed and easy to handle. Females have 'fire' ;) lol It's just that when you have 2 dogs it makes life much easier to have one of each as the female generally takes the role of top dog without issue, whereas two of the same sex are a nightmare, particularly litter mates!

Hahaha I will look up Exerbeat!

Looks like you've been going all out with your exercise. That's super impressive :D And don't worry about the chocolate Buttons, I think you've more than worn them off!
It annoys me that when I exercise a lot I stop losing or even gain. Very frustrating and odd. xx

Aw gawd, I hope I dont gain from exercise :| is that because you are making muscle when you exercise?
I hope it helps me lose, I have 5 more stone to shed to get to a normal BMI so can only hope I can sweat some of it off! Some old girlfriends of mine are talking about traveling for a monthnin India in October, with mynold flatmate/bestie who lives there. I'm SO excited at the idea, would love to be slim by then!!
I'm lucky I'm tall or I'd have about another 9 stone to lose to be in the average BMI scale :|

I trust your word about springers more than his! He seems so grumpy about having a dog and has a strict no treats policy and believes giving his dog affection confuses him as he was bred to work :S I would smother any pet with kisses!
I spoke to my mum today for the first time in months and she made me feel even more cat broody, I think lil' Juan really needs a friend, then he'd be OK kept indoors, but at the moment he hasnt got enough excitement so I let him out and am so scared about the roads :/ the neighbours belowbus lost a cat that way too a couple of years ago :( but yeah, am so tempted to get a kitten! I grew up with 7 cats in the house :p

Food today, another Red day-

B: yog + fruit

L: home made soup + grilled cheddar on rivita (hex a + b)and some left over bolognase.

D: scrambled eggs and 2 chopped up frank furters (5 syns), loads of lychees and cherries.

Desert: FF frozen yog (home made- it's getting better!) with special K chewy delight crumbled in (2nd hex b), tsp toffee sauce (2 syns) and banana chopped in. Also drank some semi skinned milk, had a splash in the eggs and a nibble of extra cheese earlier so just drank 100ml.

Total 7 syns for the day

7/105 for the week.

Am going for a Red week!

It's quite daunting to not have padta and rice which I eat with every meal nearly, but I havent missed them! Am loving this batch of soup I made with rivita and grilled cheese, sososo satisfying.
I think Red'll do me good though :D it is kinda refreshing in a way and I havent been very hungry at all this past few days on red. I feel like my whole attitude to food has totally flipped upside down recently and I love it!
I started my Red week on Sat so will try and stick it out for the rest of the week. Yesterday was KINDA a red day, but I didnt know it at the time :p probably had a bit more potato than allowed, but no rice or pasta so am counting it :p yesterday is in last week's syns so today starts afresh.

I don't know why I gain from exercise. Maybe fluid being held in my muscles or something. I don't believe the 'building muscle' bollox as I've never done anything that would actually build muscles. All the exercise I've ever done would tone and stuff, but no body building. I think initial gains are fluid retention from your muscles healing/repairing. I never really keep up exercise long enough (since doing the whole Body Magic awards thing) to see if continual exercise gets me a loss. It's very hit and miss for me. Although, to be fair, my weight loss is hit and miss anyway, even if I stick to plan for weeks on end. But I also want to be fit, so if that means slower gains or stay the sames then I'm alright with that. As annoying as it is!

My Sister's almost as tall as you. She's just about 6ft!

Awww that's quite a harsh view of how to care for a dog. No matter what 'stock' they come from all dogs need love and attention. No wonder it's mental ;)
Wow, 7 cats?! :eek: I was 4 when our kitty died and Mum's very much a dog person. Where I lived was surrounded by farm land and my Dad actually brought the cat home coz he got her free with a bag of potatoes :8855: I'm definitely more of a dog person, but I do like cats. Except at work, coz a cat in pain or fear is terrifying!!! I got bitten for the first time ever by a cat last year and ended up with a massively infected thumb, a tetanus injection, and 2 weeks of antibiotics :rolleyes:

Well done on your red days!! I'm such a carbosaurus, I couldn't imagine a day without pasta, rice, or potatoes! I'm always impressed with people who can pull off red days. My friend said I should give them a go to see if it boosts my losses....I may have laughed at her!

OUCH! My cat bites me all the time but it's always playful and never hard enough to remotely pierce the skin. Bit scary to think that it could get that infected though :|

I was at my dad's tonight - they have a new kitten as their other one went missing over xmas :( so it's brother was lonely. The kitten clawed me up! Oww. It's very cute though, making me even more cat broody :| their other kitten, which is much older now- nearly a year- is SO lovely! The perfect lap cat!
We never had a proper lap cat growing up, even with the 7! One of them would always lie on my chest if I were laying down which was cute. My current cat does this 'bridging' thing when we are lying in bed which is SO cute. He uses his body to make a bridge over our body, stretching his tummy to lie on one of us with his feet one side and his front paws kneading the duvet the other side. It's really spastic but so cute. He never ever sits on our laps though...
Yikes, another 6ft tall girl! I'm actually 6ft 0.5inches (I cling to the 0.5 inch shorter than my bf!) but they don't give 0.5 inches on here and I want it to give a more accurate BMI ;) bit cheeky.

I managed to get out of the whole pancake thing at dads'! WOOP! They got it all over and done with before I arrived as I told them I'd had tonnes for breakfast and felt sick- boyfriend was rather pissed by the fact that he didn't get any but am going to try some SW banoffee pancakes tomorrow morning to make up for it! :p

I did, however, eat plenty of nosh there :( I told them we'd eat before we came over, but we were picked up at 5pm and had a late lunch at nearly 3, so by 8pm I was ravenous! I broke my red day and had a Roast Chicken mugshot that I found in their house- would have been 11.5 syns on Red! EEK. Hadn't had my extra 2 healthy extras luckily. I also had a load of fruity mentos :/ I think they are like 1/2 a syn each or so and I probably had about 10, but also had a fair handful of doritos! Luckily hadn't had many syns prior in the day, and kept it easy yesterday, so don't think it should do much damage!

SO, Sudden EE turnaround made today's diary like so:

B: FF yog/fruit tsp honey (1 syn)

L: Asparagus, courgette and home made hamburgers with cheese INSIDE them. Have wanted to try this since I saw it on Man Vs Food (which I have banned myself from watching since starting SW as it always makes me ravenous for whatever junk they're featuring)! It actually kinda worked :D Except one of them it started pouring out of on the grill which was annoying, but I put another slice of cheese on top and gave that to the BF as I didn't want to mess with my Hex A allowance (each cheddar slice was 25g)

D: Spag bol that had been brewing allll evening, nom nom. Since I switched to an EE day I had some spaghetti too. Forgot superfree as we were famished and made it all quickly :/ but did give myself a decently small portion (usually suck at portion control!) and it had two onions and a can of tinned tomatos in it, so hopefully snuck some SF in there!

We bought 4 big packets of extra lean mince meat recently in Sainsbury's (can't seem to find it ANYWHERE else) and because the ice cream machine takes up so much of the freezer have had to eat it all in a few days! BF bought it all when he went to see Bullet to the Head as the Sainsbury's by the cinema stocks the extra lean mince, but then it sat out of the fridge with him at the cinema for 3 hours, so goes bad faster!
Anyway, today we ate 1 and a half packets of the mince! One pack made into bolognese usually gives us 4 plates worth- so that is a LOT consumed (though made the burgers biiig as we didn't have them in buns or with anything carby)

15 syns worth of junk at my dad's... A small bag of doritos is 7 syns or so, plus 5 syns of mentos... Did have two apples there though before I caved when really hungry!

No exercise today :/ was about to go up and do some Exerbeat but Gerard is knackered and going to sleep. Damn :( tomorrow will be difficult as I have two afternoon meetings and evening plans too, so will have to do some before I leave if I can find the time!

x Sophie

Managed to get 30 mins on exerbeat in :D yes! Burnt 500 cal. Poor bf wanted to sleep hours ago :p feel really good for getting that in so I don't get behind on my month goal of 30 mins a day, am going force myself to catch up any days that I slack off on!

Back