Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Ha- day off- felt guilty so tried out EA sports active and nearly DIED. Chose the most intense setting retardedly thinking "that'll burn the most callories!", can barely walk after those squats and only got half way through the whole work out :|
The cal count is SO low it's made me realise that exerbeat cal count really must be too good to be true. The best exterbeat exercises are about 100 cal for 3 mins... EA had me dying from the hard work and suggested only 120cal in 15 mins!! Sigh! Might invest in one of these heartbeat monitor watches.
Did you see Ralph? Think they could have hit gold if they had included proper game characters.

Thanks for the nice words :D needed the happy scales after two crap weeks of a whole lotta nothin'.
You are so close to goal that it's bound to be slow, I bet you can almost taste the finish line :D
I want to keep losing big numbers while my BMI is still 'obese' at least! :p

Well done on your exercising and sticking to the eating plan Tetris! I hope you and and G are both feeling better now. I found it really interesting to read your film reviews. My oh and I always make snap decisions on what films we fancy seeing by the forthcoming trailers and I think this can sometimes be misleading. I'm also put off by feeling well they just showed me the whole blooming film in that trailer so why should I bother going to see it? (especially at 7 quid a throw lol)

I like the sound of "Warm Bodies" but think I'll be giving the other two a miss!

Well done on your exercising and sticking to the eating plan Tetris! I hope you and and G are both feeling better now. I found it really interesting to read your film reviews. My oh and I always make snap decisions on what films we fancy seeing by the forthcoming trailers and I think this can sometimes be misleading. I'm also put off by feeling well they just showed me the whole blooming film in that trailer so why should I bother going to see it? (especially at 7 quid a throw lol)

I like the sound of "Warm Bodies" but think I'll be giving the other two a miss!

Glad you found my reviews interesting :D felt a bit silly for titling my diary as I did and not putting any for a while so thought I'd have a lil' rant about some of the recent films, hehe. I'm not a film snob, I swear :D I do love a lot of films my film school friends call 'lame' and am not afraid to admit it (like my shameless addiction to musicals, gosh!)
I love having an unlimited pass for Cineworld as at £15 a month it pays for itself as long as you see two films a month (standard adult in my neck of the woods costs nearly a tenner)- so I go and see a lot of stuff without having seen trailers, and usually they are the best! Before I met my boyfriend I used to go to the cinema on my way home from shoots or outings with friends as the cinema is one train stop before I get off to get a bus home, and the same bus goes from both stations, so it's even better knowing I'm not paying for busses to get to the cinema :p anyway, I used to go on my own a lot and just show up and see whatever was on at the time of my arrival- saw some really awesome films that way that I'd never have watched if I'd seen the trailers! Usually all I knew about them was the title, so even the genre was a surprise- that was really fun! Of course, there were one or two films that were just BAD and not my thing, but I just walked out of those and went for a different film :p

G has showed me some asian trailers- I think it's Japan (can't quite remember) where they literally show the WHOLE film in the trailer- they give away the endings and literally give a condensed version of the film as a trailer! Apparently they like to know it all before they see something out there :S lol! Really hate when trailers do that here. It's annoying also in romance films where they try and hide the fact that the main two people will get together for the first half of the movie, when it's all over the posters/trailers! Sigh :p

Hi Hun, u feeling better? Hope so, well done on all the exercise. What is exerbeat? The cals do seem a bit off, I remember off the top of my head, I used to do 30-45 mind on x trainer and would burn about 200-300 cals, but if you enjoy it, I'd still continue.
Have you heard of the film, mama? X

Exerbeat is a wii game which has lots of exercise routines to do with dance and martial arts- boxing, karate, hip hop dance, latin dance, arobics etc- it's all about the beat of the music and exercising in time. Really fun! Gets me nice and sweaty and has lots of things to unlock and complete, challenges etc. But yeah, even though they apparently calculate the calories via BMI, the boxing ones in particular seem to overestimate :( which sucks because I was enjoying thinking I'd burnt 1000 cal in an hour! Am going to give EA Sports Active another go today on an easier setting :p my thighs are really feeling it from the squats though- it has loads of activities like 'inline skating' which are basically just squatting and then jumping, a lot of squats on that game! I will have rock hard thighs if I play it enough :D

But yes- feeling fine so far today :) thanks guys! x

Ha- day off- felt guilty so tried out EA sports active and nearly DIED. Chose the most intense setting retardedly thinking "that'll burn the most callories!", can barely walk after those squats and only got half way through the whole work out :|
The cal count is SO low it's made me realise that exerbeat cal count really must be too good to be true. The best exterbeat exercises are about 100 cal for 3 mins... EA had me dying from the hard work and suggested only 120cal in 15 mins!! Sigh! Might invest in one of these heartbeat monitor watches.
Did you see Ralph? Think they could have hit gold if they had included proper game characters.

Thanks for the nice words :D needed the happy scales after two crap weeks of a whole lotta nothin'.
You are so close to goal that it's bound to be slow, I bet you can almost taste the finish line :D
I want to keep losing big numbers while my BMI is still 'obese' at least! :p

I wonder where the Exerbeat people get their calorie burning info from? It does seem off. Don't let it put you off though, it's still a work out!

Yeah I saw Ralph the day of release lol. I did really enjoy it and found it pretty funny and a really sweet film. Nowhere near Disney's best, but a decent film. I think you're right that they couldn't get real characters because of costs :( They did have a few though and I thought that was pretty cool :)
I loved the short before it though, Paperman. So beautiful!! That's just won an Oscar I think :)

Ah my losses have always been slow (which is why I'm still at it 3 years later!). Some of it is down to me and having the odd day/days off as well as holidays. But they are incredibly slow! Last year (2011 I mean) I gained a stone over Xmas/New year and it took months to get rid of it. Just the way it is for me. Rubbish, but at least I know. I do have an occasional surprise week tho! I put weight on very, very quickly as well. Which I think is a bit mean! Slow losses but very quick gains :rolleyes:

How unlucky are you! Great that it doesnt deter you though.

The Paperman short film was lovely! Better than Ralph :p I dunno, I just found it all pretty dull and so did my friends, but not as bad as Sammy's Great Escape, the turtle animated film- saw it with my sisters at their house recently and it was sooo dull with no.laughs at all :/ it's not hard to drop a few comic lines in, I dont know why they focus so much on the adventure rather than humour... :S

It really was meh! It was like finding nemo without the humour :S

Another low appetite day today; had lots of snacks as was feeling like noshing but didn't really want a big meal like normal.

Green day:

Breakfast: FF yog + Banana, Kiwi, blueberries, maple syrup (0.5 syns)

Lunch: SW Doritos (lasagne sheets) with an improvised quark dip (too much garlic, ewww) and a home made salsa (not great either, but got some super free in that way!) + Sugar snap peas (SF)

Dinner: cheese (HexA) on 1 slice of toast (3 syns 400g/white bread slice), Mug of coco pops (4 syns) with semi skimmed milk (hex a)

Snacks: Banana, grapes, 3 x muller lights, cheese string (2.5 syns), 2x special K chewy delight bars (2 Hex B)

Syns today: 10
Weekly syns saved: 18
_________

Am going for a Thai with friends on Friday so will be saving my syns for that. No idea what sort of syns things are there :S any recommendations for low syn Thai dishes? Used to always order veg tempura but that is probably the most synorific thing on the menu!

WI tomorrow morn but * week has made a breif appearance (I have polycystic ovaries so often it is irregular and patchy- don't think it's really begun but who friggin knows!) so am not too excited :p
No exercise today, am feeling much better but still feeling sort of mopey and tired. Am glad I did some yesterday so I don't feel like I'm failing my target- still on track in terms of hours per week :)
G is still feeling rubbish, he's napped loads today and has barely eaten anything in a couple of days :/ but he scoffed down the cheese on toast I made him, so that's a good sign. We've both spent the day really unproductively at our laptops/watching telly, feels bad as I have loads of editing due asap, but whateverrr.

Although my menu above today sounds like a lot, it was all tiny portions, native land for me! It feels good in a way, it's nice to not be hungry or craving big meals all the time, maybe this'll help my stomach shrink :p also feels nice to have muller's around after being low stock for a week, they really take the edge off the desire to nosh! Does anyone else love the ones with the choc sprinkles?

I'm addicted to the toffee flavour Muller Lite yoghurts :eek:

Glad you're both on the mend.

It's great that they have such variety :D

Sts on my mid week WI, not fussed as expected so or a gain as I know * week is about to make an appearance. Had a great loss on Mon so staying positive about that.

Am going to get some wii fit in now :) havent played it for a while. Was thinking about it though and HAVE been able to work off 1000 cal in just over an hour on it before, which 1000/hr is about what I get on Exerbeat on a medium work out (2000 when I did the most intense MET ones which are.7 - 7.5METs for their boxing where wii fit's highest is 6METs for their milder boxing), so maybe exerbeat isnt so incorrect :rolleyes: it is a lot more physical and vigerous that the wii fit... Which seems to give quite modest calculations... Hmm!

Anyway, am going to do the longest wii fit cycle course and put my headphones on with loud bouncy music so I can dance at the same time :D weeee! I mean- wiiiii!
X

Just did 33 mins of wii fit cycling, feel good :) I also got my best score in it- they score you by distance, the least km traveled the higher the score as it's all about the route you take. The first time I did it I was on my way to the finish line and suddenly the machine cut in and said "You've been doing this an hour straight- time to quit!" and just shut down, so I got NO points!! WHAT? Anyway, now I can do it in half an hour :p partially because I can cycle faster though- my fitness has definitely improved :D yay!

On inspection though, it turns out it's more like 1000 cal every 2 hours on the wii fit plus, not 1 hour! I still think that I'm getting a way better work out on the Exerbeat, it's faster paced and more sweat is shed, so I'm clinging to the belief that their calorie estimates aren't TOO far out... On the wii fit the boxing one is by far the highest cal burner, I think it burns nearly 100 cal in the 10 minute exercise- BUT, in those 10 minutes at least half of the time is spent watching them do the routine before you repeat it each time, so it's actually around 4 minutes of work spread over 10 mins. 4 minutes thus being around 100 cal- in exerbeat the highest burners are at about 100 cal every 3 minutes which are much more energetic than the wii fit boxing...

AHHH I'm just dying to believe I've been burning what it says all this time :p too many excuse formulas here, I've been doing 30 mins - 1 hr a day and that is what counts, getting moving!

Now to lay very still on my bed for the rest of the day while I do some editing! :p

Hey!
Glad you're feeling a little better. And well done on the Wii Fit when you're feeling so rubbish. Maybe the calories burned isn't too far off, but it is annoying when stuff like that isn't accurate. I wouldn't worry too much though, like you said, it's actually doing something that counts :) I always feel disheartened at the calorie count after a big long walk (which is usually less than 100), but it's still something and it's the cardiovascular stuff that's important for health anyways :)

For your Thai meal I would say avoid anything in batter or fried. And stuff with nuts or cream in. You'll be fine! I know eating out is a bit hit and miss for SW, and there's always going to be oil involved. But maybe save your HexB towards oil and just enjoy it :)

Any exercise is better than no exercise and what CC said about cardiovascular is right. I haven't had Thai for absolutely years but what was said sounds right to me. Mmmm drooling at the memory of chicken satay now...

Yeah, you're both right :rolleyes: at the end of the day the cal count is just numbers, but I'd like to know what is burning the best so I can focus on that stuff.

I'm such a noob when it comes to nutrition and exercise, everything is so brand new to me. For some reason I had very little knowledge about nutrition until I started watching what I was eating last year, I had no idea that flour was bad, that cheese had so much oil, that fizzy drinks were so sugary- was so naive! I only found out when I started SW that weight fluctuates around * month and that one puts on several pounds throughout the day each day- really! My mum was so full of eating disorders when she was younger (and pretty much while I was growing up too) that I guess she just closeted all that with all the information I needed to know. I'm so grateful for minimins though as I can learn about all this on here :D

Today, sadly, I learnt that when obese people lose weight, once they're at goal they literally have to diet for the rest of their life or it'll go back on because their metabolism is lowered by the weight loss. I knew that SW guided people to stay on the plan at target, but with more HEX's, but I always assumed I could intuitively eat healthy and enjoy naughty stuff but be balanced- apparently though we have to consume 20% less calories than a normal person would because otherwise our lowered metabolism would put it all back on! Sigh! But anyway, I'll take each day as it comes right now, I'm so far from goal as it is! Damn I love food, but I'd love to be slim even more :p

Will save my HexB for oil at the Thai place tomorrow then, guess something with boiled rice would be good as noodles will always be fried in lots of oil... everything is so oily/creamy/sugary at such places though! I'm sure 30 syns will cover the meal though, will only have a main and will have saved up some more today and be good tomorrow.
After lunch with my friends I'm going to see Wildlife Photographer of the year exhib at the Natural History museum, we have 2-for-1 tickets and the whole thing finishes at the end of the weekend. G is really into wildlife photography but we keep forgetting it's on. The problem is- we'll be out late so probably will eat out again! Ahh! Will just be with G though so will be able to make better decisions than with friends I'm hiding my diet from :p maybe I'll bring a pasta salad with me or something.

Will only be going provided I get my video editing done today though as my deadline is tomorrow! Should get cracking :p Minimins is becoming more of an addiction than facebook, eesh! Hehe.

My editing is finally finished! YES! I cannot express how much of a burden is lifted when I get an editing project out of the way.
The complexity of the editing, sorting out the footage takes hours alone, cutting everything pre-editing, the audio, the structure, the time consuming details- I have probably spent over 100 hours on this piece alone, a 5 minute video! The music haunts my dreams.

One of the worst things about working from home is how I constantly feel guilty during my free time as I determine my own working hours and am living in my work place, there's a ripe feeling of 'I should be editing' WHENEVER I relax. I'm not saying I'm that hard a worker :p I definitely have been putting editing off all week, slacking my heart out, but there's a looming dread of "It needs to be done, I shouldn't be relaxing..." or "I need to take this work call, even though I'm trying to relax and really don't want to!" - there is no such thing as a proper 'day off' because all of my work is done at random times. Every day is a day off, or every day is work, depending on what I decide!

This project has loomed for weeks longer than it should have, partially because the client has changed her mind about the information within it and partly because when I've worked hard to stick to deadlines, she hasn't gotten back to my vital questions because she doesn't want to unless it's 'working hours', meaning a couple of 3-4 day breaks where I could do nothing but wait for info. So it's really dragged out! And now it's finished. There's no way I'm re-editing any of it unless there is a massive mistake on my part! Or, they can pay me more, but I'm basically working for minimum wage when it comes down to the amount of hours I've put into this. </Rant over> PHEW.

But anyway, it'll be many painful hours of slow CPU while it converts and uploads, but then I'll be free and will be able to start the next project which is pre-production for a jewellery campaign photo shoot. Photoshoots and the editing of them are SO much easier than video shoots and video editing! Especially because I can have a film on in the background while I photoshop, where with video I have to listen to the friggin' audio to determine the cutting. It feels more like creating art, too. I love photoshop. I will probably rant about photoshop when I have a million photos to airbrush though :p

My Mum had really good intentions when we were growing up, but because she was a single Mum and she'd had a bit of a traumatic childhood she was determined to not have us go without - ever! And seen as we were so poor, it wasn't with stuff like clothes or 'puter games, it was food! So by the time I left primary school I was already obese. I remember buying new clothes for something when I was about 12 and being a size 14!! But then I was horrifically bullied in school and spent a lot of time at home and was comforted by my Mum and myself by food!! So yeah, you can see where this is going lol. At my heaviest, well over 15st, I was around a size 20/22. I vaguely knew what was healthy, but got it a bit wrong lol. And also being a veggie is a nightmare coz everything you can buy at the shops targeted at us is cheese and breadcrumb laden, but I had no idea! I also ate whole pizzas (still do ;)), garlic bread, filled fresh pasta, ready meals, chippy meals, etc... But I just didn't realise! And my Mum's family, who I saw a lot when I was little, were all obese too. But I eventually realised what I had to do and sought advise from a friend. Then my fake brother and his girlfriend asked me to be a bridesmaid at their wedding, giving me 2 years!! And that's when SW happened and I realised exactly where I'd been going wrong (except the obvious!) and it's such an eye opener isn't it?
I still have body issues and see myself as that size 22 girl. My brain has no idea how I can fit in to size 12 jeans ;) But I do feel better about the way I eat and believe me, it becomes such a habit to be a SW'er!! But you'll also learn to compromise, save syns, have a day off plan guilt free, and learn to live being healthy! I totally believe that when I get to target that I could prob do SW 5 or 6 days a week, with a day or two eating 'normally' and maintain. Because the weeks I accidentally do that I tend to sts anyway. But if that doesn't work, then I'll work something out :) I also know that I will never be able to completely eat what I want, when I want, or I'll end up back where I was. Try not to worry too much about the future dude or you'll stress yourself out and give up.

Good luck tomorrow. And, again, stop stressing :) Enjoy your day! Hope you enjoy the photography exhibition. I always go to that when it comes to Liverpool. I saw a really interesting exhibition put together by Chris Packham recently who'd put together a collection of his favourite wildlife photographs.

Also, do your bloody editing woman ;) x

Thanks for the pep talk :D!
Wow, our upbringings are very similar from what you've written.
I was also raised by my single mother who was in debt. She is borderline and used to be bulimic but basically didn't eat after she split from my dad. She wouldn't cook for us much and when she did eat it was always homemade soups that I didn't like the taste of. After the divorce (when I was 10) I comfort ate- basically had mamoth portions of cheesy pasta as it was all I knew how to cook, I'd eat about 4 huge bowls of it each meal and by the time I was 11 I was overweight. I remember sneakily using my mum's scales and watching each year as I put on more weight- I pretty much ALWAYS weighed my age :| until I was 20 and 20 stone!
The past couple of years I learnt how to cook other things (lol) and didn't gain more I guess, but I've always been too scared of the scales, I'd do a fearful WI once a year when I found someone's house who had scales in the bathroom and felt curious. I think the last time I did that the scales didn't go up as high as I weighed :cry:
Anyway... I was bullied at school too, not too aggressively- more just laughed at and left out. My mum handed me and my bro over to my dad when I was 14 because she couldn't look after us, total breakdown, suicidal etc. My stepmother (who I've never gotten on with and caused those years living with them to be horrible) would feed us huge portions of very quick to make meals (like sugary sweet and sour chicken with uncle bens microwave rice). I knew things like pizza and ice cream were bad for you but I had no idea things that were battered were bad or pastries or creamy things :S I used to think fish and chips was pretty healthy because it was fish- LOL. Anyway, I just didn't think about food in that way, I just ate whatever. I literally had never dieted my whole life until I started SW in December :| part of the reason I didn't tell anyone is I was certain I'd give up, so it feels amazing to be enjoying it!!
Recent years I've eaten healthier (apart from the take aways, eek) but the portion size was huge for everything. My boyfriend put on 2 stone in a year because of my cooking :| and he used to only eat microwave pizzas and sh*t!! He used to be too skinny and has lost half a stone since I started SW (ironic- LOL. He's eating more pizza and losing weight because I'm cooking less ROFL) so is a better weight now than when I met him which is good :p

I was scared when I joined SW about the idea of it being a forever thing, but I'm not too scared now. I lost weight the week I ate out 3 times in one weekend- I lost FOUR POUNDS that week! So clearly you CAN have treats on this plan :p besides- when you're at goal, who friggin cares if you gain a couple of pounds? It'll be off after a few good weeks! As long as it's not "ah well, a few pounds *keeps scoffing cake* oh sh*t, I'm 20 stone again!"

I can't wait to fit in regular sizes... I'm about a 20-22 myself (haven't been shopping so not sure if I've lost a size yet- am determined not to waste money on clothes until I've lost more weight!) have MASSIVE hips/ass so jeans size is like 24-26!! Never wear jeans, too uncomfortable. But top/dress size is like 18 or sometimes squeeze into a hennies 16. Can't WAIT to be able to shop anywhere and not awkwardly hide the numbers on the hangers as I walk through shops. I literally have never experienced shopping for clothes at a size smaller than 18! Sad... But am so happy that it'll change :) I like SW! AMAZING. It'll happen! Even if I don't believe it will :p nearly 2 stone down and surely the start would be the hardest adjustment- and it just wasn't a hard adjustment!! fwlhfoiehpo3rhpo (excited spazz out) :D

Back