Sophie's Slimming World Diary (Friends welcome, I'm a newbie ♥)

sophmillerxo

Tuesday 09/10/2012 Weight - 16Stone 2Lb

Apple – free
Banana – free
Walkers baked – 7.5 Syns
BabyBel – HE
Pasta w/home made sauce or pasta sauce – free
Flatbread – HE
Mozzarella (Light) 28g 2.5 Syns

I'm trying to get my head around this forum, this is my first time using one. All friends and support very welcome :)

Hi there, i'm new here too :)
I've been doing SW for 16 days now, i weigh in on a saturday. I lost 5lb on 29/09 and lost 2.5lb on 06/10 so its going well so far. I do EE every day.
At the moment i'm doing something that i've named '99 day challenge' - from 24/09/12 to 31/12/12 i want to lost 27lbs and get down to 12 stone. I'd like to get down to 10st - 10st 7lbs eventually but i'm doing to bit by bit at the moment.
I'm keeping a written food diary but if you want to do one on here with me I dont mind? x

Hi there Tonianne! Yes I'd love to do a food diary with you on here. How would I do this? Would we both post here? I just posted on the introductions bit too, it says this:

I'm new to this website (and still trying to get my head round how forums work!). I have come here for support in helping me lose weight permanently. In 2010, I lost 5 stone in 4 months, due a turbulent time in my life where I didn't think too much about food. I got down to 12st6lb, and felt more confident than I've ever felt. I was a size 14. Now, almost 3 years later, I weigh 16st2lb, so I have nearly put it all back on! I am a size 18. This is entirely my own fault, I have a much better life now and there is more than enough time for food! I need to focus, get some support, and I will hopefully do this once again. I am so unhappy with the way I look now, and want to get back to the figure I felt very confident with.

Just to give you a bit of background. Thank you for replying to me :)

I haven't been on the introductions section but i think i'll do that next, its nice to have support from people on here. I've also posted in a thread called 'Doing SW from Home' as thats what i'm doing - i photocopied my friends book which detailed all the syns and the plan basics so i have no need to go to the meetings, plus i cant really afford it right now so this way suits me.
I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to lose weight on and off since 2005! I was 14st in 2005 and got down to 12st 7lb in 2006, then March 2012 i realised i was 14st 8lb - the biggest i've ever been. I'm only 5ft 4 so i really dont carry the weight well, i'm an hourglass shape naturally so with weight on i have a big bust and a big bum!! From March-Sept i lost 8lbs, wasnt really trying and i was doing Weight Watchers, getting me down to 13st 13.5 and thats when i decided to try Slimming World. Already lost nearly the same amount in 16 days as i did in 6 months on WW, however i am really trying this time as i need to do this! I'm sick of being the fat friend, sick of wishing i could wear what the rest of my friends are wearing (i'm a size 18) and just generally sick of what i see in the mirror everyday. I'm lucky that one of my best friends is also doing slimming world, although she weighs considerably less than me, so shes a big support.
I'm happy to post my food diary on here, i generally get on here everyday at some point :)

Aww Toni, I'm in such a similar boat! I am signed up to Weight Watchers online as we speak, but it just really doesn't work for me at all. One of my friends has lent me her Slimming World books as she is 15 weeks pregnant! I'm really excited to do it properly, I'll be doing it at home too because I don't have the time/money to go to classes. Hopefully we can support each other and get to our goals together :) I will weigh in on a Saturday too so we can do that together too. You've done really well by losing that much already, it'll be interesting to see how you fit the Slimming World foods around your daily diet to get there. I'm a size 18 too, sometimes I'll get that upset by what I see on the scales I actually cry! My boyfriend tells me I'm being silly, but I was nearly 4 stone lighter when I met him and felt a LOT more attractive then! Glad to have found a friend :)

I was the same weight as I am now when we got together 3 years ago so to be honest my boyfriend doesnt really know any different! He's quite a big guy himself so sometimes he thinks i'm being silly but I think its different for men as they don't seem to have as much to live up to. Its like its more acceptable to be a larger guy than a girl. I'm sure there are big men out there that would disagree but i'm only talking from personal experience. I have temptation everyday to be 'bad' because my boyfriend still eats things like crisps, sweet, chocolate whereas i'm being strict with myself. One thing i do allow myself is Saturdays off - i dont go mad with it, i'll still eat decent food but i wont beat myself up over eating some chocolate or going out for a few drinks (but i stick to vodka and slimline tonic or diet coke!). Its worked well so far, they say it takes 30 days to make something a habit so i'm halfway through and hopefully by day 30 everything will be easier.
I'm terrible with my scales, i really should only weigh myself on a saturday but i have to do it in the week to so that i know i'm on track! I drive myself crazy with it. Thats another reason i couldnt weigh at a group, theres no way i could cope with wondering how much my clothes weigh because i know that would play on my mind. This might be tmi but i quite like knowing that when i weigh its only my body i'm weighing, haha.
Anyway, i'll do another post detailing what i've had today/am having later :)

Tuesday 09/10

B - Activia Strawberry Snackpot (0 syns)

L - Wholewheat pasta & sweetcorn (Freefood)
Lean Beef Mince (Freefood)
Bolognaise Sauce (Freefood homemade - passata, garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms)
Salad (Superfree - Lettuce, cucumber, pepper)

D - Lean chicken breast stuffed with 75g Philadelphia Light (FREE & Healthy Extra A)
Boiled New Potatoes (Free)
Roasted Vegetables (SuperFree -Peppers,Courgettes,Onions but roasted in 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Healthy Extra B)

I'm also adding 2 syns for oil that the bolognaise vegetable were fried in as I need to buy fry light and only had extra virgin olive oil indoors, so used 1tsp of that instead.
Also 2.5 syns for semi-skimmed milk i've had in tea today - it probably isnt as much as 100ml but i'd rather be over generous than under.

Total Syns - 4.5

Hahahaha that post made me giggle so much! I do EXACTLY the same, I weigh myself on Wii Fit sometimes every day, I really need to get out of the habit of doing it because I get really disheartened if my weight goes up, then down, then up again, which it has done over the last few weeks of doing Weight Watchers. I'm very serious about it this time and will be weighing myself once a week to really feel the full effect! I remember the joy of it going down all the time when I dieted properly the first time round :) I don't think I could do it in a group...I don't know why I would just feel so embarrassed if I'd put on! And yes I agree with the clothes part! ;) hahaha. Looking forward to reading it! Please feel free to comment on my eating habits. I'm definitely using this as a kick up the bum to be honest about what I'm eating and stop kidding myself. I'm meeting my boyfriend's sister on Saturday and we have lunch/cinema planned so I'll have to be good! I've got an iPhone and just realised we can get an app too on Android/iPhone if you have one?

Yeah i've heard about the minimins app, my friend said its good. Unfortunately i have a crappy nokia e63 at the moment because my iphone got stolen back in june and i'm waiting for my upgrade which i think i next month. Typically i didnt insure my iphone either, to say i was upset was an understatement because i loved my iphone! This Saturday i'm seeing George Michael in London, my boyfriend is 38 (i'm 27) and he is/was a huge George Michael/Wham fan so i'm going with him. He's meant to put on a good show and i dont mind his music so it should be fun. I'll be sticking to diet coke (0 syns) and unless we have dinner at the o2 somewhere i'll be doing my usual healthy meals :)

That is just SO WEIRD! I'm 23, my boyfriend is 25 and he absolutely LOVES George Michael! Hahaha. I bet that is so rare that it's the fella that likes him rather than the lady, what do you think?! I'm sure it'll be a good show. Your diet looks so lovely and healthy. I don't eat meat but I wish I could eat like that in the day, I work in an office so I generally have fruit for my lunch, we're not allowed to eat anything at our desk that would constitute an actual meal, (we can have fruit, crisps, little bits, etc) so, it's difficult. At my old job we could eat whatever we wanted, so I used to have boiled new potatoes that I microwaved, I lost so much weight by doing that. My other option is to eat out, and that never ends well. So sorry to hear about your iPhone and that it got stolen :( bet you're so excited to have it back next month! We insure our gadget stuff all together, we pay a tenner a month for two iPhones and an iPad which isn't too bad. I'm so glad I came on this website now!

I changed my bank account and now get my phone covered through that - too little too late though! Not long to wait now though.
I work in a childrens day nursery so we get a lunch break and we have a staff room with a microwave and fridge - my lunches tend to be left overs from dinner the night before or salad with ham or tuna or egg and then rice or pasta or potatoes with it. If i have leftover dinners i can just microwave them so it works well for me. I'm not a huge bread/sandwich eater so cutting that out hasnt bothered me at all, same as i dont miss crisps as i never really ate them before. I miss chocolate and pizza though, my two major vices! However i have chocolate on my saturdays and if i'm low on syns some days, plus i've just found a recipe for 0 syn pizza which is made with smash (yes the mashed potato) as the base! Sounds random but its got good reviews.
I'm loving this website, its getting a bit addictive! :bliss:eek:h and i've just found the smileys!!!!

As for the George Michael thing i bet that is rare! How funny :) well i'll let you know how it goes, my bf has seen him before and said the show was amazing, although this one is with an orchestra so i think it wont be quite as mad as the last one.

Yes definitely let me know :) Ooh I need this pizza recipe! Using Smash to make pizza sounds really interesting, haha. I was reading a random thread earlier and this lady ate spinach and potato cakes quite a lot, they looked so nice so I think I'll look that up too. Pizza and chocolate are my main weaknesses too... I have crisps every day for lunch but I'm cutting them out as of tomorrow, it's just not worth it for the amount of syns! I'm looking forward to getting a lot more creative with cooking :) and yes it is addictive! I need to get myself one of those ticker things! :eek:

I'm at work today so i have limited internet access until i get home tonight. I think i'm going to try the smash pizza this weekend so i'll let you know how it goes.
Todays food diary is:

B - 2 weetabix (HexB)
L - Baked Beans (small tin), 2 Slices Lean Ham, Grapes, Banana & Activia Snackpot 0% fat (0 syns)
D - Shepherd Pie (homemade - potatoes [mashed with nothing added], lean beef mince, oxo beeef stock cube, worcester sauce)
Vegetables (carrot/broccolli/cauliflower)
HexA - skimmed milk

Ahh, that's ok! That is a very good day's worth of food :) I will do mine later this evening, as I need to reference the book to find out my healthy extras!

Ok, here goes for day 2!

Breakfast - Nothing

Lunch - Apple, Banana, 3 Babybels (HexA)

Dinner - Jacket Potato, 1tsp Lurpak Lightest (1 syn) Baked Beans, 14g reduced fat cheddar (2 syns) Salad (salad leaves, balsamic vinegar)

Kinder Egg - (5 syns) and 4 White Chocolate Coins (7 syns)

Actually put quite a lot of thought into this! I'm a bit naughty with the chocolate, need to wean myself off it :)

I just had a major chocolate craving so had one toblerone triangle.... 6.5 syns! Good job the rest of my food today was free, i quite like to stick to 5 syns a day!

Wow one triangle is so high!!

I know! I got told thats what it was so i'm kind of hoping they're wrong but i'm taking it as the truth as i have no way of working it out. Ah well, it was yummy!

Back