Sorry not been on, hubby had very bad accident so SW temparily on hold!

jodidi

Silver Member
My hubby had a very bad motorbike accident and has only just come home from hospital. He has broke all his ribs off the right of his spine plus a few on the other side,he has shattered his pelvis which had to be rebuilt with a plate and pins, he has broke his back in 5 places, broke his ankle, punctured a lung and a failed kidney which has come back . He cant put any weight on his feet for 2 months and they say it will be a yr before he is walking properly:cry:. So needless to say it has been a very stressful time but I am so happy to have him home. So SW went out the window as at first i didnt eat. But when he came home ive been a pig for a week :cry:I need to reign it in guy's. Really need your help!!! Need to get back on track sharpish!

Oh hugs to you & your family, don't stress too much about being on SW I'm sure others would agree you've got so much going on at the moment but don't go too overboard.

Keep us up to date as to how things are xx

OMG so sorry to hear your news, my friends daughter had near fatal car crash 2 weeks ago broke both hips and her pelvis and lots more, thank god her spine is ok....please send your hubby all our best wishes.... especially as you can guess from my nic and my signature we are bikers too..

The first good news is, he is home with you, the 2nd bit of good news you have the support of everyone on here when you need it....so how can we help, just let us know.

My first bit of advice is don't panic, its not the end of the world that you "pigged out", you're going to have good and bad days, when it all goes to plan or gets you really stressed out, its going to be hard work supporting him and his needs for a while let alone taking care of family and pets etc....dont take it all on by yourself ask for help from family and friends... with hubby not being able to move much he may put on weight so sticking to the SW plan will also help him...take time at the weekend to plan your menu for the week and get someone to sit with hubby and kids etc when you go to do your food shop, take that time to wind down and relax, take an extra half hour or so to do something for you, maybe a facial or get your nails done or go to the library or even just have a coffee somewhere but do something....remember YOU matter, you are the rock holding this together and YOU are important.....

Feel free to add me as a friend if you ever need to let of steam.....

Thanks guy's. my hubby doesnt have a weight problem he is happy eating hospital size portions while he's in bed they (they are very small portions). We have a 2yr old and a labrador. The 2yr old is driving me nuts at the moment, he is getting very naughty and keeps having tamtrums. Come to think of it, it has coinsided with his dad coming home (he didnt get to see him for the first 2weeks as we decided that was best as his dad was on a morphine drip and was totally not himself). I wonder if hes doing it for attention or just being naughty?

OMG so sorry to hear your news, my friends daughter had near fatal car crash 2 weeks ago broke both hips and her pelvis and lots more, thank god her spine is ok QUOTE]

I feel for her, I see the pain my hubby goes through. I told my hubby no more road bikes and he agreed straight away. His brakes failed so it was no ones fault. He is scared that it could happen again as it could of happened to anyone. He said our little boy could of been without a dad and thats enough warning for him. I couldnt bare to sit waiting for a phone call from the police again. Ive got nothing against bikes. I had one but sold it when I got pregnant and I was on about getting another then he had his accident and that was the end of that.

Sorry to hear your news. I hope your husband recovers soon. It's great news that he's back home now and on the mend, even if your 2 year old is acting up a bit! Definitely don't beat yourself up for 'pigging out', it's been an incredibly stressful time for you.

Welcome back to the forums, we'll all be here to support you :)

Didn't mean to imply hubby had a weight problem....my typing don't keep up with what I am thinking sometimes, maybe I should have re-read it ...LOL...The little one is most likely playing up coz he's not sure what's going on, he missed having Daddy about and now he's there he can't work out why Daddy cant be like he was before....bless him...

My hubby had a very bad motorbike accident and has only just come home from hospital. He has broke all his ribs off the right of his spine plus a few on the other side,he has shattered his pelvis which had to be rebuilt with a plate and pins, he has broke his back in 5 places, broke his ankle, punctured a lung and a failed kidney which has come back . He cant put any weight on his feet for 2 months and they say it will be a yr before he is walking properly:cry:. So needless to say it has been a very stressful time but I am so happy to have him home. So SW went out the window as at first i didnt eat. But when he came home ive been a pig for a week :cry:I need to reign it in guy's. Really need your help!!! Need to get back on track sharpish!

sorry to hear about your hubbys accident and wish him well from a fellow biker.
I can imagine you have a lot going on right now so a break from your diet is very understandable and I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.

I've had a couple of friends stop riding after both having accidents through no fault of their own.

If I was an insensitive biker I would ask how the bike was doing, but not being of that Ilk I won't ;)

On a serious note I wish you lots of strength (as they say in Holland) , I really hope your husband mends soon, it must be a real task running a family and looking after someone who is sick.

Oh gosh...poor hubby and poor you!!
At least he is on the mend now....and maybe now you you can start to concentrate a bit more on yourself?

My other half wants a bike....he had one when he was younger. He has to travel into London everyday and says it will help with the commute...I have said a firm NO!!
I trust him implicitly, hes a very good driver but its everyone else.
Nope, I'm sorry, 4 wheels are safer than 2!!!

Hope your hubby makes a speedy recovery......
Good luck to both of you x

Hugs hunnie,

So sorry to hear about your trauma. The important thing is you have him home and with your love and care he will recover. Just done forget about yourself. The little one will be very confused, plus his routine will have been really put out with his dad in hospital and you having to split yourself down the middle.

You will find a routine at home hun, that will help your little one to settle down. Kids love routine, they need to know what is happening next and routine gives them that comfort.

You have lots of support here, just try and make time to come on here and get things off your chest.

Good luck hun xxx

Didn't mean to imply hubby had a weight problemQUOTE]
Lol, I know you didnt mean it like that :)

Thanks everyone :). We live with his mum and dad at the moment but we have just applied for a council house. His mums had a stroke and still has some problems from it and his dad has health problems so its all too much us living together (Plus, on a lighter note, if anyones ever lived with their in-laws it can be rather testing at times, lol). Now my hubby cant work (he was self employed) we cant privately rent so we have applied for a house.

Hey Hun, sorry to read about your Hubby's accident, but the good news is that he is home and on the mend.
Your son is acting up as he has been without Daddy for a while and this is his way of communicating it. It will settle down again I promise!
I could never imagine having to love with my In-laws and for that you must be applauded! ;)

Dont worry about SW, you concentrate on everything else and then when you can think about the plan more freely it will still be there for you.
Dont forget that in amoungst all this that has happened is you. You need some time for you too Hun.

xxx

Awww Jodi,

You have got your hands full. I hope a house comes up for you soon.

Omg, I am sooo sorry to hear this. My hubby rides a motorbike too, and I'm sooo scared that I'm gonna get a phonecall, saying his come off one day (he has done, but only brusing, both body and ego) Thinking of you all! And we're all here for you to come and have a whinge at and let all the things that are bothering, go, cos I know that that helps sometimes.

Hi,
Really sorry to hear your news - sending lots of love and hugs to you and your family! I'm sure your little boy is just adjusting to the situation. Maybe try and start a sticker chart for good behaviour, and he can work towards treats? He probably just doesn't understand why daddy wasn't there, and now can't play with him the same?
Don't worry too much about SW - just eat as much free food as you can, and perhaps say you'll stick to the plan 60% or whatever , but try not to feel bad if you go off track.
Well done for even thinking of SW through such a bad time - shows how determined you are! Lots of love x

You know the SW thing is whatever makes you feel better at this horrible time. If doing it makes you feel good, go for it. If not don't do it until you are ready. As everyone has said you have a lot on your plate at present and the sooner you have your own place the better for the three of you.

Your little boy will adjust again. Remember his whole world went topsy turvy too when daddy stopped coming home in the evening. That is a lot for a little one to take in.

I am glad to see your husband is now an ex-biker as I have a sad story to tell.

My husbands 2 brothers were killed on a motorbike. I lived through that with the whole family. I had to identify the bodies, ( I never want to do anything like that again)his parents could not do it, arrange the funeral and move in with his family to care for my in-laws. Their pain and grief has never gone even now 25 years later. One brother was 24 years old the other 26 years old. The accident was caused by a drunk driver. It was in no way the fault of the boys but that does not bring them back. They were snuffed out in a second.

Your husband has had a lucky escape. His injuries sound horrific but he will recover. He will be well and able again.

You do not know me but I send you love and strength to get through the next few months. Cherish each other. Rejoice that you still have him.

Good luck and good healing.

xxxxx

Hi jodidi, how are you all. Find myself thinking of you a lot.

Hope hibby is doing o.k.

hugs xxx

Oh Jodi, my heart goes out to you! The worst injuries I saw as a physio tended to be from bike accidents. It will be a long slow haul, and you must come on here to vent when you need to. I shall ask my Angels to help you xxx

Awww Jodi hugs for you hun it must be really tough living with the inlaws too. i know i've been there lol.
Hope hubby recovers soon.
I think your son is just playing up because its all change and daddys not been there it must be awful for him.
I hope you've banned hubby from bikes now lol.
I used to work on an orthopaedics ward and so many people are injured and killed om motorcycles, i think they are so dangerous :(

Back