Souffle's 'Gain The Skinny' Diary

Ah, I just remove the recipe indexes and clip them together on top of the pile of sw mag (got mums too so they start Jan/feb 2010) and they are in chronological order in a pile on the cook book bookcase in the kitchen :)

I'm still feeling very positive this week despite my small mistake earlier today (which I won't dwell on).

I made a delicious potato salad today. I used Lighter than Light mayo (½syn per tbsp) so each massive portion is just 1 syn. Think I'll be having a constant supply of that in the fridge from now on. I also made mini crustless quiches for dinner last night which I've also had today and they are so scrummy!

I'm planning a beef stir fry for dinner tomorrow and I can't wait to see what it turns out like as I've only ever used chicken before.

I'm going to struggle this week because I've nearly run out of superfree and I'm skint but prepared to dig into the xmas present fund to stock up on veggies before payday next week. Nothing is going to stop me because I'm on a roll (syn free of course!)

Yes I went to Lidl the other day. I might have to make another trip :)

I think it's a good idea to dip into the present fund for fruit and veg before payday. Beef stir fry is good. if it isn't already cut into thin strips make sure they are no thicker than your finger. I had prawn singapore noodles the other day. Most meats work well in stir fry. :)

It's great you are on a roll :) and yes, sw quiche is amazing. I make it quite regularly.

Yes the beef is already cut. I'm going to use a blue dragon sauce as I don't know how to make my own yet and haven't got the ingredients anyway. They're not too many syns if I just use half :)

It's one thing i've never had....beef stir fry. How was it? I bet it was yummy. I've never had it as I hate chewy meat and I always think the beef in a stir fry would be chewy!! Probably just my bad cooking mind you!! I love the blue dragon sauces. Great sauces for not a lot of syns. Win win in my eyes! ;)

I haven't had it yet. It's for dinner tonight :)

The potato salad sounds gorgeous! I might have to get on board with that. The OH will probably regard it as sacrilege if I buy anything other than full fat Hellman's though!

I love the Blue Dragon sauces! Well worth the syns. We have to make the stirfry, dish mine up and then add another pouch to the OH's because he liked it really saucy.

You seem so focused - it's great!

I must say the potato salad is so so yummy! I can't tell the difference with the mayo. I could eat it all day long.

I am very focussed because I'm so serious about losing weight this time. I've made half hearted attempts in the past and always been disappointed when I've given up. No more giving up. My goal is to be slim and lovely by next summer :) x

Souffle your determination is inspiring! You sound like your doing really well, when's your next weigh in? I think I might pinch those goals from fran too, mine are exactly like yours. Here's hoping we can do it! :D Xx

Next weigh in is Wednesday. We can do it :) gain the skinny!

Today has been a much better day although I have still had quite a few syns! I have decided to post my food diary here from now on too just to save me updating two threads - I need an easier life!

Breakfast

Few slices of ham
Mullerlight

Lunch

The homemade quiches again (
2syns) salad and potato salad with lighter than light mayo (2syns)

Dinner

Beef stir fry with Blue Dragon Hoi Sin & Garlic sauce (half a pack
4 syns)

Snacks

4 Ryvita (HEXb) and Low Low Cheese (HEXa)
2 Bananas
Apple
Jelly (
1½syns)
1 Milk Tray choc (
2½syns)

12 syns altogether but I'm still below what I'm allowed for the week. Will try for minimum syns for the next couple of days before weigh in on Wednesday :)

Oh and the Beef Stir Fry was absolutely gorgeous, it tasted just like chow mein. A massive plate full for 4 syns - can't go wrong really!

I'm going to make some for my lunch at work tomorrow. I will be the envy of the staff room :)

Sounds delish. What kind of beef did you make it with?

Just extra lean beef strips. Just made another one for today's lunch. It's boxed and ready to go! Trying to have a low syn day today.

I started my totm today (after being 10 days overdue!) so hopefully I'll lose a bit of bloating by Wednesday!

Today has been a good day. I gave in to having a fishcake at work but only ate half before I reluctantly threw it away! You wouldn't think it but some hospital food is actually really tasty! My dog has been poorly for about 24 hours so that's getting me a bit down but other than that I am happy. Work hasn't been as bad as usual so I haven't got myself all upset over it these past few days. Things are looking up!

Here's my diary for today...

Breakfast

Apple
Coconut Mullerlight

Lunch

Beef stir fry with egg noodles and Hoi Sin and Garlic Blue Dragon sauce (half a pack
4syns)
Mint Mullerlight

Dinner

I wasn't feeling very hungry so just had my usual snack of Ryvita (HEXb) and Low Low Cheese (HEXa)

Snacks

Fishcake (
5syns)
Apple
Banana

So 9 syns in total. I'm definitely on track this week. I worked out that I have 45 syns left to use in 2 days but I'll use less than that. I really want a good loss this week. I need 4.5lbs for my ½stone award. I know it's a bit optimistic but some miracles do happen!

It's weigh in day tomorrow and I'm worried that even though I've had a good week I might not have lost anything. I did a Green day today and have only had 2 syns so today has been extra good! I have two days off now so I'm going to prepare lots of lovely food (once I've been food shopping!) so that I'm not rushing around in the morning getting food ready like I have been this week. Preparation is key!

Breakfast

Apple
Mint Mullerlight

Lunch

Pasta made with passata, garlic, herbs and mushrooms and 30g of cheese (HEXa)
Banana

Dinner

4 Ryvita (HEXb) and 75g of Philly (HEXb2)
Quark with Options sachet (
2syns)

Snacks

Banana
Banana Custard Mullerlight

Week 2 - weighed in at 14st 12lbs! Yay! I'm in the 14's and I got SOTW and a rather large basket of fruit! Wahoo!

1.5lbs (14st 13.5lbs) - In the 14's ~ Done 5.5.2012 14st 12lbs
2.5lbs (14st 11lbs) - 1 point off BMI
0.5lbs (14st 10.5lbs) - ½ stone
3.5lbs (14st 7lbs) - Half way through the 14's and 5%
2.5lbs (14st 4.5lbs) - 2 points off BMI
1lb (14st 3.5lbs) - 1 Stone
4lbs (13st 13.5lbs) - In the 13's
1.5lbs (13st 12lbs) - 3 points off BMI and into Overweight instead of Obese
1.5lbs (13st 10.5lbs) - Club 10 AND 1½ Stone

Back