Soup help!!!

Izzygirl

Hi all!

I am going to make some Spicy Cumin & Pumpkin soup to take with me on an overnight paranormal investigation I am hosting for charity on Saturday night - it is in a cold Victorian gaol so I think it would be quite nice to have a flask of warming soup to keep me going!

If I made it this afternoon, and keep it in the fridge, would it still be ok to heat it up on Saturday evening to put in the flask? I won't really have time to make it tomorrow or Saturday...just not sure how long fresh soup is ok for?

Thanks!

just a soup related question - i made some last night - and fridged it.....4 containers worth - is this okay for tomorrow reheating as well>?

x

I keep soup in the fridge for a couple of days, as long as you cooled it quickly and stored it in the fridge it will be ok for a couple of days, but if you are not going to eat it within that time it better to freeze it than have to throw it away.

Yeah me too, I made a batch on Sunday afternoon in the slow cooker, then when cooled seperated into portions. I have just had some today and it was still as tasty as the day I made it! Love soup when it starts to get cold and its a great way to get lots of superspeed foods into you x :) Have a great night on Saturday sounds amazing and good luck with the Charity

YouTube - Peeling pumpkin using the Dink-Di peeler

I would freeze the soup to be on the safe side. It is only vegetables so should be o.k. in the fridge but I would never take the chance.

Enjoy your soup. Squash makes the most perfect soup and mixes with so many things.

Back