Soup help!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Izzygirl, 28 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Izzygirl

Izzygirl Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all!

I am going to make some Spicy Cumin & Pumpkin soup to take with me on an overnight paranormal investigation I am hosting for charity on Saturday night - it is in a cold Victorian gaol so I think it would be quite nice to have a flask of warming soup to keep me going!

If I made it this afternoon, and keep it in the fridge, would it still be ok to heat it up on Saturday evening to put in the flask? I won't really have time to make it tomorrow or Saturday...just not sure how long fresh soup is ok for?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah that would be fine, as long as its kept in the fridge once it cools

enjoy

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

just a soup related question - i made some last night - and fridged it.....4 containers worth - is this okay for tomorrow reheating as well>?

x

5. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I keep soup in the fridge for a couple of days, as long as you cooled it quickly and stored it in the fridge it will be ok for a couple of days, but if you are not going to eat it within that time it better to freeze it than have to throw it away.

6. Izzygirl

Izzygirl Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you!

Mmmmmmm...now to dissect the pumpkin....<<starts stroking chin...>>

7. slimforsummer

slimforsummer Full Member

Yeah me too, I made a batch on Sunday afternoon in the slow cooker, then when cooled seperated into portions. I have just had some today and it was still as tasty as the day I made it! Love soup when it starts to get cold and its a great way to get lots of superspeed foods into you x :) Have a great night on Saturday sounds amazing and good luck with the Charity

8. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    In fact soup always tastes better the next day as the flavours have had time to mingle.

9. Izzygirl

Izzygirl Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Very true Eye!

Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare the pumpkin? Never used one before! x

10. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    YouTube - Peeling pumpkin using the Dink-Di peeler

I would freeze the soup to be on the safe side. It is only vegetables so should be o.k. in the fridge but I would never take the chance.

Enjoy your soup. Squash makes the most perfect soup and mixes with so many things.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.