Soup Ideas

jojothejo

Hi all

Bought a blender and would love to start making my own syn free (or low syn) soups. Problem is, I have no idea where to start? Any tips/favourite recipes that anybody would care to share?

Thanks x

literally anything can be made into a soup. All you need to do is add stock and cook the vegetables etc in it until tender and then add to your blender.

I tend to add half the mixture to my blender, as I like to have some chunky pieces of vegetables in my soup.

I'm on SW and there's a lovely butternut squash and roast red pepper soup it's Delish and syn free :)

Brit mum is so right. I make soup out of left overs, veg in season, even do an apple and curry cold soup in the summer.

At this time of the year I love spicy soups and at the moment have one in the fridge made by boiling in stock made with a stock cube, potatoes, carrots and onions. Not to much liquid. I then add a tin of tomatoes, Chinese 5 spice and crushed chillies to taste. Put the lot in the blender, no need to put all the liquid in just the bits with a bit of liquid. Mix it all back together again and put in a tin or a jar of white broad beans, lentils or chickpeas. Delicious and makes load and is free if you use the 5 spice powder and not the paste.

I make enough to last a few days and the older it gets the better it tastes.

If I make butternut squash or red pepper soup I always roast the first it really enhances the flavour.

Do not be afraid of always using stock cubes for your soups. They do give it flavour. Seasoning is important. It is a case of taste and see.

If you want thick soups things like potatoes and cauliflower thicken your soup when popped in the blender and on a green day the spuds are free.

By the way I love my blender and could not imagine cooking without it.

Back