Soup recipes please - Esp potato and leek

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by snuggle69, 20 October 2010 Social URL.

1. snuggle69

snuggle69 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(29.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    As the cold weather is upon us I just thought it would be nice to have a thread with various winter warmer soups on all in one place..

I have noticed a couple of people have made leek and potato which sounds yummy, and also carrot and corriander....

Cant beat piping hot soup on a freezing cold day :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. snuggle69

snuggle69 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(29.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
  4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  5. JosieDelonge

JosieDelonge Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Leek and Potato:

Snip up some bacon and fry, add chopped up leeks, potatoes and stir around before adding stock to cover (I use chicken oxo cube but obviously use whichever you want!). Boil up then add a couple of bay leaves, and simmer until veg are soft. Fish out the bay leaves, blend up until smooth. and add salt/pepper to taste. Very nice. You can also add a splash of milk or some fat free natural yogurt at the end to make it a bit creamy.

I don't do exact measurements. I try to use about 2 big leeks and 3 medium potatos. As for stock, I usually make a pint and then add more if it looks too thick. Also try substituting sweet potatos instead of the normal whites for a sweeter taste.

6. pee

pee Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(6.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you tried the Asda Leek and Potato soup fresh mix?? I love it.

Its basically chops leeks and potato and parsley, comes al ready for you to pop in a pan. You add 2 stock cubes and 1 litre of water, boil for 20-25 mins and blend away!!! Its only £1

You could of course just buy the leeks and potato and parsley and chop it yourself!!! :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.