Soup recipes please - Esp potato and leek

snuggle69

Silver Member
As the cold weather is upon us I just thought it would be nice to have a thread with various winter warmer soups on all in one place..

I have noticed a couple of people have made leek and potato which sounds yummy, and also carrot and corriander....

Cant beat piping hot soup on a freezing cold day :)

Leek and Potato:

Snip up some bacon and fry, add chopped up leeks, potatoes and stir around before adding stock to cover (I use chicken oxo cube but obviously use whichever you want!). Boil up then add a couple of bay leaves, and simmer until veg are soft. Fish out the bay leaves, blend up until smooth. and add salt/pepper to taste. Very nice. You can also add a splash of milk or some fat free natural yogurt at the end to make it a bit creamy.

I don't do exact measurements. I try to use about 2 big leeks and 3 medium potatos. As for stock, I usually make a pint and then add more if it looks too thick. Also try substituting sweet potatos instead of the normal whites for a sweeter taste.

Have you tried the Asda Leek and Potato soup fresh mix?? I love it.

Its basically chops leeks and potato and parsley, comes al ready for you to pop in a pan. You add 2 stock cubes and 1 litre of water, boil for 20-25 mins and blend away!!! Its only £1

You could of course just buy the leeks and potato and parsley and chop it yourself!!! :eek:

Back