soup

haylou123

have just made a carrot soup with the following:
carrots
onions
potato
knorr stock pot

this is free I'm assuming?!

I have made so much I now have soup for the rest of the week. however I have heard that soup can actually make you gain weight? what are peoples views on this?!

This looks free to me! On Extra Easy & Green, anyway. Sounds yummy!

I don't think soup makes you gain weight unless it's really high in syns? Soup makes me a bit windy but has never made me gain. Mmmm I love home made soup:)

yeah on EE so free free free!!!
I have found I'm windy this evening, keep blaming the dog haha. I just wanted to know what people thought, as some say they do some say they don't!!!! xxx

I imagine you could gain weight eating anything, including lettuce. But if you eat a couple of bowls of soup a day, its very unlikely to cause you to gain weight (unless you happen to add a load of oil, cheese, butter or bread to it)

Enjoy!!!

Soup is a very good weight loss tool. As long as it's not full of cream ;)

I love soup and eat it almost every weekday. It's a really easy way for me to get in my 5 a day as well as all my superfree - before slimming world I was a serial fruit and veg dodger! And I don't think it slows down my weight loss at all.

I love soup! Soupy stew, soupy casserole! Soup helps me LOSE not gain :confused: Its full of superfree (well the sorts I make are!) and mostly fluid so gets filtered out and flushes all the salts and toxins out of my body. Its just like drinking a lot of fluids and plenty of veg :) I have it at least two dinners a week, plus my lunches.

Obviously if you fill it with salt, sugar, cream, fatty things and flour its not going to be good for you. As with everything its a matter for common sense. :)

yeah on EE so free free free!!!
I have found I'm windy this evening, keep blaming the dog haha. I just wanted to know what people thought, as some say they do some say they don't!!!! xxx

Lentil soup is my downfall! :eek: I could parp for britain most nights! :rolleyes: :D

Soup can make you gain weight? Not with the homemade SW soups!

My hubby now calls our kitchen 'the soup kitchen' as I'm always making soup on a weekend for the week ahead. I've just had a bowl of roasted tomato, red pepper and basil soup... I fall more in love with it every time I have it!

Soup can make you gain weight? Not with the homemade SW soups!

My hubby now calls our kitchen 'the soup kitchen' as I'm always making soup on a weekend for the week ahead. I've just had a bowl of roasted tomato, red pepper and basil soup... I fall more in love with it every time I have it!

oooh yum! i love red pepper soup but can never get it to go right. would you mind posting your recipe please? :)

Sinead6uk said:
oooh yum! i love red pepper soup but can never get it to go right. would you mind posting your recipe please? :)

500g tomatoes chopped and quartered
1 onion peeked and chopped
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves
750ml veg stock
25g fresh basil or u sometimes used 2 tsp of dried
1/4 tsp sweetener
Fry light

Chop the toms, pepper and onion and place on a baking tray. Peel garlic and add to the try. Spray with fry light and roast in the oven for 25-30 mins

Transfer the roasted veg into a large saucepan add the stock, basil and sweetener and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and blend the soup with a hand blender or food processor.

Before you blend the soup if you are anything like me, you'll look at the soup and think, this can't be right!!! Once it's been blitzed it looks and tastes divine

There was a show on telly that did an experiment with soup. One group ate chicken veg and a glass of water the other group ate the same but blitzed up as a soup. They both had ultra sounds to check stomach content and were checked for when they started to feel hungry. The first group it was found that the water passed through them very quickly so stomach content was less and they felt hungry much quicker than the second group whose scans showed that as the water was mixed up with the food particles didnt pass the water as quickly so their stomach was still full and they didn't feel hungry till much later.

Take from the experiment what you will but to me that makes soup a very good option!

I've also reads studies that soup is a superfood as the guy has to work less on breaking it down and can take more nutrients.

500g tomatoes chopped and quartered
1 onion peeked and chopped
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves
750ml veg stock
25g fresh basil or u sometimes used 2 tsp of dried
1/4 tsp sweetener
Fry light

Chop the toms, pepper and onion and place on a baking tray. Peel garlic and add to the try. Spray with fry light and roast in the oven for 25-30 mins

Transfer the roasted veg into a large saucepan add the stock, basil and sweetener and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and blend the soup with a hand blender or food processor.

Before you blend the soup if you are anything like me, you'll look at the soup and think, this can't be right!!! Once it's been blitzed it looks and tastes divine

Will be giving this a go at the weekend ready for lunches next week! :)

Does anyone know if theres a tom pepper soupy thing i can make with tinned toms rather than fresh ?

im skint until tomorow ... ive got peppers tinned toms in though :)

thanks xx

snugglebug said:
Does anyone know if theres a tom pepper soupy thing i can make with tinned toms rather than fresh ?

im skint until tomorow ... ive got peppers tinned toms in though :)

thanks xx

I reckon it would be fine, you would need to cook it for longer in the pan though.

I made a soup. i just used a couple of potatoes, carrots, onion, green beans, cabbage and some mixed veg from freezer with a couple of veg stock cubes. added in some black pepper and madras curry powder (small amount) cooked until water evaporated mostly. then froze it when cooled and i had some at work yesterday. blooming lovely.

I just made cabbage and tomato soup that was delish!

Fry chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves till soft. Add tsp paprika and tsp dried rosemary and stir whilst frying for 3 minutes. Add tin chopped tomatoes, 650ml stock, 1 small green (I used savoy) cabbage, chopped small. Season, bring to boil then simmer 20 min. Add tbsp cider vinegar. Blend well. Tastes awesome!

I just made cabbage and tomato soup that was delish!

Fry chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves till soft. Add tsp paprika and tsp dried rosemary and stir whilst frying for 3 minutes. Add tin chopped tomatoes, 650ml stock, 1 small green (I used savoy) cabbage, chopped small. Season, bring to boil then simmer 20 min. Add tbsp cider vinegar. Blend well. Tastes awesome!

See now, i wouldnt have ever said that cabbage soup would have worked.

Back