Soups..

lil_legs

Gold Member
I am not the biggest soup fan at the best of times but i was wondering about the CD soups.. thought they may be handy for work

Do you just add hot water?
Do they mix easily or can they be lumpy (ie could i mix them easily in work with a fork or small whisk without causing a big mess!)
What flavours are there and what are your opinions on them? - Do you add anything to make them nicer?

Thanks for any replies x

I have a soup every lunch time at work, the vegetable one as I love it. I do use a whisk to mix it up properly. And just need boiling water, so easy enough to make at work.

I had vege soup tonight with curry powder then blended quick, was yummy loved it!!

Tomato one was bit grainy!

The water shouldn't be boiling as it destroys the vitamins/minerals hence why I am not a fan of the soups as I like mine really hot. If you don't buzz them in a blender they are lumpy and when you blend them they go frothy. But flavours not too bad.

i like chicken one but don't like the others i blend mine to. i use really hot water cause i don't like them cold.

the oriental chilli is my fav then the spicy tomato and then the potato and leek,
i take a little plug in blitzer to mix mine up and not add anything extra as they are tasty enough. :D

My CD lady told mE the spicy tomato is the only one that doesn't need blending. I have made that at work with hot water from the coffee machine (not boiling) and it mixed fine with no lumps.

I only like the Oriental Chilli soup (have one everyday), the tomato one was vile and put me off trying the others!

Its amazing how everyone tastes things differently. The tomato soup was my favourite. Had it every day. Its the only one you can make without blending. The rest need to be zapped. Potato and Leek is good too:)

Back