Soups

Sandrah78

Silver Member
I've gone soup crazy lately, I make a different one every night so that I can take it to work the next day. So far I've made cheese & brocolli (made with laughing cow lights), leek & potato, carrot & honey, sweet pepper & potato and mushroom. Can anyone give me some more suggestions please?

How obscure does carrot n honey sound lolx

Do you have recipe for one with laughing cow in? or do you just slap it in??

Carrot and coriander, mixed veg, tomato and basil, roasted pepper, celery (cream of?), curried parsnip (gorgeous!).

OOh thanks girlies can't wait to try some more. The brocolli one is just as it sounds really, quite a few brocolli florets in a pan of bovril (chicken) stock, blended with the cheese triangles thrown in. Shame about the colour though lol.
Carrot and honey is well worth a go - very tasty - the recipe came from a dinnerlady at my group.

With soups - does the fact we're blending the veg have any bearing on whether it's still free food or not?

I'd love to make a nice lentil and roasted onion soup, or a sweet potato and lentil soup - but i like to blitz it once cooked, with a stick blender.

I know that if you cook/blend some fruits etc you have to count them as syns - just wondered if it was the same with things like soup? If not, then off i go! Wheee! :D lol

Leek and potato soup.

1 onion
1 large potato
1 leek
veg stock

Chop up all ingredients put the stock on to boil add the chopped ingredients and add to the stock bring to the boil and simmer and when ready turn off the heat and blitz with blender.

Scrummy:)

Curried butternut squash (cook up leek, onion and butternut squash, liquidise and add curry pwder to taste)

eeeee what a coincidence, i have been doing that too, last night i did a brocolli cabbage and carrot as thats what i had lying around. :D did leek n potato the other day which was LOVELY mmmm cant wait for lunch now!

Leek and potato is yummy! Have about 4 tubs of it in my freezer for green days :) I made some thai chicken soup too and put it in freezer but haven't tried it yet - think recipe was on sw website :)

I had some left over beef from a roast I had yesterday - so I've made a beef, carrot and suede soup this evening! It was lovely! I added a teaspoon of vecon in it fo extra flavour!

It must be getting the time to think about what we can eat during the coming cooler months!

With soups - does the fact we're blending the veg have any bearing on whether it's still free food or not?

I'd love to make a nice lentil and roasted onion soup, or a sweet potato and lentil soup - but i like to blitz it once cooked, with a stick blender.

I know that if you cook/blend some fruits etc you have to count them as syns - just wondered if it was the same with things like soup? If not, then off i go! Wheee! :D lol

it's only fruit that needs to be sinned when liquidised/cooked. :)

Back