Total Solution South Pacific

Boiler serviced, and all good :)

Sun is out, finally - but it's not warm enough to venture into the garden!

The sun is actually shining - but it's not that warm just yet :)

Have a few errands to run this morning, so hopefully it will be warm enough to have a stab at the garden later this afternoon :rolleyes:

Bit of a problem with my new garden table - safely delivered yesterday, but it's 'easy home assembly' and is currently sitting in the hallway

.....it weighs a ton, is far bigger than me and how am I going to get it down a flight of stairs to the garden??? :eek::D

Mmmm, have to think about that one :whistle:

Errands done :)

Called into my office to drop off my overtime work and met someone I hadn't seen in a while

.....she said I looked 'really great' :oops:

I am wearing a pair of jean type leggings and a bright red top I haven't been able to fit into for ages.......so that and her comment really made my day :D

The sun might be out but it isn't very warm, so the garden can wait for tomorrow now

......think I'll just relax instead :)

Have a good day Darcy hope the sun is warm enough to get in your garden today - if I was close I would come give you a hand with you table! X

Have a good day Darcy hope the sun is warm enough to get in your garden today - if I was close I would come give you a hand with you table! X

Thank you Becky :D

I'm usually very self sufficient, and manage things despite my lack of height ...........but this has me stumped!

I can't even move the box an inch, let alone get it down a flight of stairs :p

Mmmm.......might have to swallow my pride and enlist the next door neighbour to help :rolleyes:

Well, decided I need to introduce exercise to move the weight loss along

.....so I've just done a 20 minute 'workout' from my Davina app .............exhausted, but pleased with myself :D

Well done on the workout! I find it's sometimes really hard to motivate myself to do exercise but always feel great afterwards :)

Good luck with the table too... I'm so useless with flatpack stuff that I now search for items that are delivered assembled. Only because if I do it, I am too impatient and something always ends up wonky and if my husband does it, he's in a foul mood for hours afterwards!

Well done on the workout! I find it's sometimes really hard to motivate myself to do exercise but always feel great afterwards :)

Good luck with the table too... I'm so useless with flatpack stuff that I now search for items that are delivered assembled. Only because if I do it, I am too impatient and something always ends up wonky and if my husband does it, he's in a foul mood for hours afterwards!

I'm hopeless at flat pack too......but trying to find an assembled garden table that wasn't either a ridiculous price or had a long delivery period proved very difficult o_O

Living alone, getting stuff delivered has to be planned for annual leave or weekends so I need specific times - Amazon are just great!

Hopefully I've just burned quite a few more extra calories..........had my brick driveway pressure washed a while ago, but the company let me down badly by not coming back to re-sand. So, I've just done it myself :)

......a new experience for me, and had to watch a few YouTube videos to get instructions, but I've done it - flipping hard work though! :D

I bought a pressure washer about a month ago and it's definitely my new favourite thing!!! I can't believe how amazing it is at getting my decking / patio clear. Absolutely love it, and sooooo satisfying to operate!!!!

But sanding a driveway? That sounds like hard work... is it like pointing a patio? If so, then that's on my agenda to attempt this summer (got ridiculous quotes from garden companies, so thought i'd save a few quid and do it myself), but haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet. Well done you - that would definitely have burnt up some calories, especially in this heat!

I bought a pressure washer about a month ago and it's definitely my new favourite thing!!! I can't believe how amazing it is at getting my decking / patio clear. Absolutely love it, and sooooo satisfying to operate!!!!

But sanding a driveway? That sounds like hard work... is it like pointing a patio? If so, then that's on my agenda to attempt this summer (got ridiculous quotes from garden companies, so thought i'd save a few quid and do it myself), but haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet. Well done you - that would definitely have burnt up some calories, especially in this heat!

I thought about buying a pressure washer, but decided to pay to have the drive done instead

.....they did a good job on the cleaning, but didn't come back to finish - very annoying :mad:

The sanding was essentially tipping a bag of sand onto the drive and brushing it into the joints - sounds reasonably easy, but I couldn't pick up the bag of sand so had to decant it into a bucket in smaller amounts first, then the brushing was harder than it sounds!

....and because I used a special weed-inhibiting variety, it had to be dampened afterwards so I had to get the hose out. It's left quite a 'bloom' on the bricks this morning, so I'm hoping that will wash away :rolleyes:

The table is still in the hallway........still thinking about that! :D

I'm wondering about modifying my goal weight to 9 stone.........BMI 24.6, so just in normal range for my height

......just thinking it might be more realistic at this point in my life, as I'm 60 next year :rolleyes:

Might be a good motivator? ........then I could decide if I needed to lose any more at that point. Not looking to be super skinny, but a comfortable size 12 :D

What do you all think?

I have set my goal weight to the upper limit of what is classed as healthy for me and it will just bring my BMI into the normal range. Once I have reached that I will re think things. Sometimes a more realistic goal seems more attainable. Have a great day x

I have set my goal weight to the upper limit of what is classed as healthy for me and it will just bring my BMI into the normal range. Once I have reached that I will re think things. Sometimes a more realistic goal seems more attainable. Have a great day x

Thank you :)

What a very sensible approach :D

image.jpeg Ooh, a Fitbit......now, how did that happen! :D

Get you Darcy - a Fitbit!!!! Good for you! I think you will be surprised at 9 stone just how you look, you can loose more if you feel the need but I'm sure you will be great at that weight to be honest! Is the garden table in the garden yet?!!! X

I'm wondering about modifying my goal weight to 9 stone.........BMI 24.6, so just in normal range for my height

......just thinking it might be more realistic at this point in my life, as I'm 60 next year :rolleyes:

Might be a good motivator? ........then I could decide if I needed to lose any more at that point. Not looking to be super skinny, but a comfortable size 12 :D

What do you all think?

Hi Darcy,
You are doing amazingly well! I know it can vary from person to person, but I am the same height as you and at 9 st I am size 10. I suspect you will get to a comfortable 12 sooner then you might be expecting.
Sibbi

Get you Darcy - a Fitbit!!!! Good for you! I think you will be surprised at 9 stone just how you look, you can loose more if you feel the need but I'm sure you will be great at that weight to be honest! Is the garden table in the garden yet?!!! X

I know.......I think I'm having a bit of a 'moment' :rotflmao:

Um, no.......the table is still lying in the hallway - still working on that one :D

Hi Darcy,
You are doing amazingly well! I know it can vary from person to person, but I am the same height as you and at 9 st I am size 10. I suspect you will get to a comfortable 12 sooner then you might be expecting.
Sibbi

Aw, thank you :oops:

That's good to hear about the dress size!

Us tall people need to stick together you know :D

Well done darcy and on the fitbit. Been thinking about one of those for my birthday. Have a lovely day visiting your friends.

Back