Total Solution South Pacific

Thank you Womble :)

Some days the job is fine.......I'm just not good at the meetings thing :oops:

.......I'm very shy, an introvert, and I find being around loads of people very stressful.

I'm giving it my best though, and will see how things go ;)

You got your new job because you are worth it and you can do it. You may feel like a fish out of water but this will change over time. There will be challenges but you can do it. Every day you will gain in confidence and you will start to know those new people. People, who like you have their insecurities and are probably also stressed by the meetings. We all have barriers we think we can't confidently break through but you are doing it. I used to have to speak to large numbers in conferences and, although I was confident in meetings of 20 or so people because I knew the subject well, I just about pee'd myself before standing up and addressing all these CEOs etc especially if I was down the running order or got the siesta slot. I just wanted it to be over and done with. I never slept well the night before, was often jet lagged, but after a while I found it a lot easier. You will find it becomes easier too. I never enjoyed it, but it was part of the job and I learned to live with it. It's early days for you still and I am sure you still start to feel more confident in meetings and being around people, including new people. Your ability to overcome your introversion to attend those meetings is inspiring. Well done.

A very big well done to getting under 200lbs. That's a great achievement. I hope to be there by the end of the month.

You got your new job because you are worth it and you can do it. You may feel like a fish out of water but this will change over time. There will be challenges but you can do it. Every day you will gain in confidence and you will start to know those new people. People, who like you have their insecurities and are probably also stressed by the meetings. We all have barriers we think we can't confidently break through but you are doing it. I used to have to speak to large numbers in conferences and, although I was confident in meetings of 20 or so people because I knew the subject well, I just about pee'd myself before standing up and addressing all these CEOs etc especially if I was down the running order or got the siesta slot. I just wanted it to be over and done with. I never slept well the night before, was often jet lagged, but after a while I found it a lot easier. You will find it becomes easier too. I never enjoyed it, but it was part of the job and I learned to live with it. It's early days for you still and I am sure you still start to feel more confident in meetings and being around people, including new people. Your ability to overcome your introversion to attend those meetings is inspiring. Well done.

A very big well done to getting under 200lbs. That's a great achievement. I hope to be there by the end of the month.

What an inspirational and lovely post - thank you so much, it has made my day :)

yay go darcy. I feels soo good being in the 100's and getting closer to your goals. I am soo chuffed for you :):):)

Darcy, you are going great guns!!! Just promise me that when you smash your target you'll still check back on us stragglers on this forum occasionally - I need my regular Darcy inspiration :)

Darcy, you are going great guns!!! Just promise me that when you smash your target you'll still check back on us stragglers on this forum occasionally - I need my regular Darcy inspiration :)

Aww, thank you :oops:

I've got loads left to lose so I'll be around for some time yet :D

Hey Darcy :)

I am back, feel like I have been gone for ages!
You are doing so well!
I am back on it today so feel like a restarter!
Sorry to hear about the job, I do know what you mean about being introverted but maybe it will be good for you and bring you out of yourself a bit more, if nothing else I hope it becomes a bit more comfortable for you x

Do you have something nice planned for your holiday Darcy? x

Back