Total Solution South Pacific

A sunny day in Portland 😁

I have stuck to my plan of one meal a day, in the evening. Last night I had some lean turkey breast and salad, with melon for dessert. I drank water and black coffee, and used the stairs not the lifts.

I just can’t bear the thought of putting on any weight this holiday, in fact I’d like to lose some.

I was disappointed not to find any scales in the gym, as I now have no way of checking my progress 😏

We leave for Cobh this evening 🚢

Morning from a very wet Cobh ☔

Just been for a wander round, but am now back onboard as the rain was getting heavy. Going to get coffee in a while. It’s not been easy, but I am sticking to my meal plan. Last night I had a plate of cauliflower and a beef medallion, with cherries and a nectarine for dessert. I’ve stuck rigidly to black tea, coffee or water....... much as I love cappuccino I don’t need the calories!

I’m using the stairs rather than the lifts, and when the weather warms up I will start swimming ☺️

OMG a 2 month world cruise, that is my dream. I'd love to do one when I retire. I love cruising and have been on lots over the last few years but a world cruise is my ultimate goal.

It sounds like you are having a fab time. Enjoy every minute, how many port days do you have? You are being so good just having 1 meal a day.

The food issue is very tough.....if you’ve cruised, you know only too well food is everywhere!!!! I just can’t bear to put on any weight though, so I’m being tough on myself because I have to 😏

FD000B84-3FBF-4C6B-88D6-68DA36D6CC7B.jpeg

Wow the itinerary looks fab. I'm guessing you'll have long stretches of sea days. The longest I've done was a transatlantic from the Caribbean.

I don't think I would be able to be that good. The food onboard is always my downfall, especially the afternoon tea. Could you do the deck walk a few times to get yourself back a few calories so you can have more treats. I think I'd be thrashing the track lol!

Today has been a very hard struggle with food......for some reason I’ve been extremely hungry all day. I have stuck to my plan though and had salmon and vegetables for dinner, with some melon and pineapple for dessert ☺️

I was so, so tempted to go crazy in the buffet......but I didn’t 😀

A chilly day at sea......and Reykjavik in the morning ☺️

Sat in the peace of my cabin, drinking coffee ☕

Cold, wet and windy day in St John’s Newfoundland 🙄

We leave this evening for New York, arriving on Sunday ☺️

Hello from New York.....and 37 degrees! 🥵

In Times Square at the moment, just got back to the bus and we head back to the ship soon. It’s been a very long day, but I’ve seen a lot of New York. Another excursion in the morning, then the ship sails for Charleston tomorrow evening 🚢

Hello from Curaçao 🇨🇼
Hi

We have only just arrived in Curaçao....and our full day here has become a swift refuelling stop after the events of last night.

About 7pm the captain made an announcement that we were reversing course to answer a mayday call from a supply ship that was taking on water. We had to backtrack about 60 miles. Later on in the evening the announcement came that the ship had sunk and the crew were in life rafts, so the situation was now life threatening.

We got to the site around midnight, and could see just a few bobbing lights, which were the survival craft. This was all happening on the port side, so I watched everything from my balcony. It was pitch black, and the sea was rough. We were somewhere between Cuba and Jamaica, miles from anywhere. The rescue boat was launched, and the crew rescued from the life rafts. I wouldn’t have wanted to be in either the rescue boat or the life rafts, as by this time the waves were really high. Sea Princess was stopped completely to allow for the rescue, and we were rolling around quite badly so I dread to think what it was like out in those small craft!! There was a big cheer when the rescue boat returned, and an announcement was made that the rescued crew were safe and amazingly non injured.

Needless to say, all this has made us very late into Curaçao and we can’t leave any later than 7pm as we will miss our slot in the Panama Canal....not an option.

What an experience! Glad all were safe.

What an adventure you're having Darcy! Enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks for the updates xx

Back