SpaceAngels Food and Drink Diary

Brunch:- Chicken and pasta
Mid Afternoon:- Chicken with garlic mushrooms and a jacket spud
Tea:- Slow cooked beef curry with rice
Pud:- WW layers fromage frais

Hey space angel, do you make your slow-cooked curry in a slow cooker? Could you tell me how please?
Also, your pasta salad sound delish, I'm off to make some now :character00254: lol x

Hey space angel, do you make your slow-cooked curry in a slow cooker? Could you tell me how please?
Also, your pasta salad sound delish, I'm off to make some now :character00254: lol x

I make my curry on the hob or if I am really busy, in the oven. You can make it in the slow cooker though.

You will need:-

1 onion
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 green chilli - chopped (optional)
2tbsp curry paste (I use Pataks Madras) 8 syns
2 tbsp tom puree
Beef stock made from bovril
Stewing or Braising steak cut into cubes.

Finely chop the onions and sautee with the ginger using frylight. Once soft, add the chilli and fry for about 2 mins.

Then add the paste and puree. Cook for about 5 mins, add a small bit of stock to stop it from catching.

Then add your beef and enough stock to your preference. You may need to add more during cooking. Let it come to the boil and give it a good stir. Then turn down the heat and cook for about 2.5 hrs.

Or place in a slow cooker on low until required. If oven baking, put in a covered casserole dish for 2 hrs at 160 degrees.

This curry serves 2-4 so max of 4 syns per portion, only 2 if serving 4.

Todays food:-

Been really busy today so not eaten much.

Brunch:- Tuna pasta salad (1 syn for e.lmayo)
Tea:- Slow cooked beef curry left from yest. Served with boiled rice.
Dessert:- Hartley Low Cal Apple and Watermelon flavour jelly pot. (0.5 syns)
1 square Lindor Chocolate (4 syns)

Total syns 9.5

Food Today:-

Brunch:- Tuna Pasta Salad (1 syn for e.l.mayo)
Dinner:- Gammon Steak with SW Chips and sweetcorn with 2 slices pineapple on top (2 syns)

Your food all looks so scrummy, may have to pinch some ideas! :)

WI day today so I have a bit of treat day. Not that I really needed it but hey ho!

I have had a burger with a few chips and onions rings at Weatherpoons. Didnt eat it all though. Not sure what I am having for dinner. Will decide after WI.

After WI last night I had a Burger King and it was lovely.

Today's food:-

Brunch - Chicken and bacon panini (10.5 syns :eek:) - Emergency measure.

Dinner:- Keema (minced beef) curry with rice. (4 syns)

Last edited:
Today's food:-

Tuna and pasta with some extra light mayo (1 syn)

Dinner:- Hoping to have gammon steak, wedges, sweetcorn and 4 pineapple slices (4 syns)

Pudding:- Mullerlight

Telly snack:- Mullerlight with an apple.

Last edited:
Today's food.

Brunch:- Chicken breast in some extra light mayo with a jacket potato and loads of cucumber on the side.

Tea:- Homemade chicken kebab with loads of salad and a jacket potato

Snacks:- Mullerlights and grapes and apples, poss a mug shot if I feel the need :D

how do you make your home made chicken kebabs ummy

Chicken breasts, low fat nat yog (about 3 tbsp), cajun seasoning (about 2 tbsp), chilli flakes (about 2 tsp). Mix all the ingredients together and then marinate for as long as possible.

Cook on a griddle pan, under the grill or on a george foreman. I serve mine with shredded lettuce and red cabbage with a jacket potato on the side and some extra light mayo drizzled on top of the chicken.

ooh yummy will def have to make that
thanks13.gif

Thats what I am having for tea tonight!

Todays food:-

Brunch:- Chicken breasts in cheesey sauce thing (2.5 syns)

Dinner:- Homemade chicken kebab with shredded lettuce and cabbage, jacket potato and drizzle of extra light mayo

Snacks:- BBQ chicken pieces if I feel hungry later, mullerlight x 2, egg pancake (mmmm) :drool:

Wed 14th Jan

Breakfast

3 Morrissons low fat sausages, 3 slices bacon, loads of mushrooms fried in frylight, 2 eggs fried in frylight.

Lunch

Tuna with 2 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn) on top of a jacket potato (HEXB)

Dinner

Slow cooked beef curry (4 syns for curry paste). Some potato wedges to dip in my curry (HEXB)

Snacks

Grapes and cheese (HEXA), 2 x Mullerlights.

Total syns for the day:- 5 syns approx.

Thursday 15th January

Breakfast:-

Banana

Lunch:-

Sliced chicken with extra light mayo (1 syn) with a Jacket potato and salad (HEXB)

Dinner:-

2 Morrisons sausages, 2 fried eggs (frylight), mushrooms, gammon steak. (0 syns)

Last edited:
You've really got this sussed haven't you? I'll have to throw in a few red days next week, thanks for the ideas.

Thank you! I got up late today and I am going to the retail park in a bit as kids are going to a b/day party so....

Brunch:- Cooked sliced chicken with mayo and HEXB jacket potato

Dinner:- Chicken curry with HEXB jacket wedges.

Ok. New week, new start. Need to shake things up a bit. I have decided that I am going to WI every Wednesday morning. I am buying my new scales this morning, so I weigh myself tomorrow morning so that I can get a good idea of where I am.

I am also going to cut out all the diet pop that I have been drinking. So, only 1 can with my breakfast and 1 can with my dinner, and I will aim to drink 2 litres of water throughout each day!

I will post my food diary up here every day to keep me on track too, starting tomorrow.

Back