Spaghetti Bolognese

hbb

Thoroughly Determined
Does anyone have a spag bol recipe?

Just did my normal spag bol and it seemed like a lot of points for not too much stuff! I realise beef is higher than chicken, but a medium portion of spag bol worked out to be about 8 points?!
:sigh:

I had spag bol today, I can't remember how many discover points it used to be but it was always a low meal for me. Sainsbury's do extra lean mince, 500g makes enough for 4 people.

For the sauce, fry the onions in spray until soft, fry the mince, add a can of chopped tomatoes. Add dried herbs (I use basil and oregano), about a teaspoon of each, a teaspoon of sugar or sweetner, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, a teaspoon of paprika (optional), salt & pepper, simmer, done!

Might look into Quorn actually! Cheers :)

I have never tried quorn, is it just like beef mince?

I make my own chilli and the only thing in it that actually has points is the beef, so I've decided to replace it with quorn as 140g of mince (roughly 1/4 pack) is 5 points and 300g (a whole pack) of quorn works out to 4.5 points. Fingers crossed it tastes ok, I'm making it tomorrow!

Quorn spag bol for me tonight - thanks everyone.

Made my spag bol - gorgeous and the points in it were 7 for a massive 3 portions - I just did onions, mushrooms and peppers all free and fill me up nicely, then tinned toms herbs and quorn mince (5) absolutely gorgeous and it really really filled me up - having it again tonight but this time I'll add lots of chill powder free, and have it as a chilli. Hope that helps a bit.

Back