Spaghetti & Mince Frittata

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I made this last night and it was soooo good! I used lamb mince as hubby doesn't eat beef but you can use whatever mince you like.

This is based on Gino D'Acampo's recipe from his 'The I Diet' book (which has some great looking recipes in it!). I tweaked it a bit so here's my version:

Serves 4-6
2 HEX A for whole dish

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 carrot, grated
500g extra lean mince
500g passata
1 tbsp sun dried tomato puree (1 syn)
few dashes of worcester sauce
small handful dried oregano
300g dried spaghetti
4 large eggs
4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
50g fresh parmesan, grated

1. Heat Frylight in a large pan and add the onion, garlic & carrot, frying for 5 mins.

2. Add the mince and cook for a further 5 mins.

3. Pour in the passata, add the oregano, worcester, tomato puree and salt & pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

4. Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dent. Drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Stir well and leave to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 180.

5. Break the eggs into the meat sauce & pasta in the pan, add the parsley and and the parmesan. Mix everything well.

6. Spray a 28cm diameter baking dish (sides about 5cm high) with Fry light. Tip in the pasta mix and spread out.

7. Cook in oven for 20 mins until crispy and set. Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins.

8. Serve with a rocket salad drizzled with a good quality thick balsamic vinegar.

Attachments

• IMG_6024.JPG
    IMG_6024.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_6026.JPG
    IMG_6026.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 650
i have made this today for my dinner but i halved the recipe and it is still hugh, looks and smells great
thanks

That sounds just up my street. I think I might give this a go at the weekend sounds ace. thanks

Have been following this thread and it looks lovely. So I've been out and got all the stuff to make this tomorrow. That way I can take it in to work over the weekend :)

Thanks Stacey,

Made this this morning. Added extra veggies to try and accomodate the third superfree. Anyway ended up with six huge portions so had one for lunch and will freeze the rest to take to work over the weekend. Thanks again and any more tasty goodies I'll be happy to try

Hi I joined Slimming World today and decided to give this a try this evening. It was scummy and got the thumbs up from all the family. Many thanks. Only problem is, this means I will be expected to do this again (looks like I won't be getting away with the other half being the main cook anymore). Thanks for again. Mimibabe x

I am going to give it a try as well. Is it EE.??

I only do red and green so would have to adjust the recipe a lot, but thanks Stacey !!

Thanks for the recipe I made this for dinner tonight and it was yummy, OH loved it. We like spicy food so I added jalapeno's as well as sweetcorn and mushrooms and it was gorgeous.

Good one! A keeper for sure.

Bump. Had this tonight with pork mince and it was equally as nice. I also used half the amount of spaghetti to the same amount of sauce (but 3 eggs instead of 4) and it was still really good and made a HUGE amount.

looks like a great way to use up a portion of leftover spaghetti bolognese, especially if it doesn't quite look like -enough-, will bear this in mind next spag bol night!

Back