Spain free and low syn foods.

Powla - as there are no free foods in them, it is easy to calculate. Just divide the number of kcals by 20 to get syns = 17.5 syns per 100gm on any day.
I double checked the online syn calculator just to be sure and it comes out at exactly th
Obviously 100gm is a lot of the little rascals - you need to weigh a portion out.
Thank you ever so much Pommette. There are 270g in one pack, so yes you are right, that will be quite a few of the little blighters. I will hopefully, get sick of them before I get anywhere near 17 syns. Having said that, the home made free S/w pate goes ever so well on them...Too well infact!!

I prefer to use the blended tomato rather than just chopped.
The difference between Triturado and Frito is quite a lot though

Triturado is free
Frito is 7 1/2 syns for a 400gm carton

Thanks Pommette, I will look out for the other yogurts - the more the merrier.

I have also found the following today in Mercadona. Have not tasted them yet, but have worked out the sins online.

Hacenado Mermelada Extra Fresa Light Jam - it's free!!!! Will put some of it on my SW rice pudding - delicious

El Caserio Light Cheese Triangles - I have worked these out against the Laughing Cow Light triangles and they are 0.5 sin less per triangle. They are cheaper and easier to get in Mercadona rather than having to go Iceland or Carrefour. Can I use these instead of the LC Light triangles as HXA as they are lower?

We are having the SW Homemade Chicken Kebab and salad for dinner tonight.

Will post if I find out anything else from Mercadona.

Is it really free ? Even if it's 100% fruit it is still cooked/pureed

Is it really free ? Even if it's 100% fruit it is still cooked/pureed

Yeah - I've checked. Even the light mermelade has syns - as it still has sugar in.
No of syns varies depending on type of fruit. But they all do have syns.

Re tomatoes: I always just get ENTERO - drain them and chop in my mini blender.
1) they are cheaper: and 2) it leaves me some tomato juice to put into my vodka :D
ALWAYS avoid frito - it has real sugar in

I am another one who always uses tomates enteros tambien. I prefer everything about them................,flavour and consistency.

These are better than crisps and ideal if you are doing nibbles for others

mercadona-tortitas.jpg

6.5 syns for 30gms which is 12 mini tortitas

I nearly bought the jam :eek:

SWS Chrissy said:
These are better than crisps and ideal if you are doing nibbles for others

6.5 syns for 30gms which is 12 mini tortitas

I nearly bought the jam :eek:

On my shopping list ready... Thanks x

Fantastic bargains in Mercadona this weekend.....................

asparagus 1€.............cooked al dente and used in an omlete.............super delicious lunch....... or as I did last night with Batchelors tomato, onion, herb pasta with roasted red peppers and roasted onion topped with hexa/b of cheese and finished in the oven for a bubbly topping.

red peppers 1€ for a pack of three large peppers..........super cheap. I love them roasted.

In Iceland 2 Philly light ( flavours included) 2 for the price of one. A great bargain.

I got some asparagus, going to make a quiche with it. Fruit is coming down in price too, melons especially

Fantastic bargains in Mercadona this weekend.....................

asparagus 1€.............cooked al dente and used in an omlete.............super delicious lunch....... or as I did last night with Batchelors tomato, onion, herb pasta with roasted red peppers and roasted onion topped with hexa/b of cheese and finished in the oven for a bubbly topping.

red peppers 1€ for a pack of three large peppers..........super cheap. I love them roasted.

In Iceland 2 Philly light ( flavours included) 2 for the price of one. A great bargain.
We must be behind you with the Iceland offers, as we have only just got the Philly offer. And we never (or ever so rarely) get offers in Murky Donner!! Humph!!

For fruit, I go down the market and see what looks good and what they have on offer - but I do splurge on the occasional raspberry as they really are my favourite berry!
Especially with 0% fat greek yoghurt that I treat myself to at Iceland!

They have frozen bags in Lidl - can't give you price and weight at the moment as I pour them into a box for the freezer - but there are raspberry - strawberry and fruit of the forest bags. Will be getting some this week and will let you know but if you are near Lidl have a look in the freezer.

EDIT TO ADD

Just been to Lidl - Frozen Fruit Bags - all 2.49 Euros

Raspberry - 500gms
Strawberry and Fruits of the Forest - 750gms

Last edited:
Peaches are my favourite at the moment - 2kg for 1.5 euros - cut up and open freeze then put into a bag when they are frozen or eaten fresh so the juice runs down my chin. :D

They have frozen bags in Lidl - can't give you price and weight at the moment as I pour them into a box for the freezer - but there are raspberry - strawberry and fruit of the forest bags. Will be getting some this week and will let you know but if you are near Lidl have a look in the freezer.

EDIT TO ADD

Just been to Lidl - Frozen Fruit Bags - all 2.49 Euros

Raspberry - 500gms
Strawberry and Fruits of the Forest - 750gms
Are they any good though? Whenever I've tried frozen rasps or strawbs in the past they just come out all mushy.
Ok for making a crumble or pie out of but yuk to eat on their own.

Last edited:
I eat them when they still have a little "cold" in them with S.F. Jelly and yoghurt and they are fine.

Thanks chica. I might give them a go then as i love rasps.

Back