Spandex's Story So Far......

Spandex

I wasn't sure if I should do a diary or not, cos who wants to read bout me, but I guess if nowt else it'll hopefully help me to keep on track. He's the boring history bit......

I've always been a fatty bum bum since the age of about 3 really and I'm very nearly 41 (well in years maybe but not in mentality) And when I say fat I mean I've always been morbidly obese. I recall the days when that singled you out as being a bit different at school and having to wear terrible Demis Roussos style smocks as shops didn't sell clothes for us big un's. Anyway I've never really been an unhappy fatty as I have the mentality (but not the appetite) of a thin girl - i.e. I get a right shock when I see a picture of me standing next to someone I consider chubby and then realise the honey monster next to them is me. So life was ticking along quite nicely until I hit my 30's and all of a sudden I managed to lose over 8st in a year - I've since come to the conclusion that it was a marital breakdown that helped this along as going to the gym was a better place than being at home - cripes that'll tell you how bad things were - ha. But here I am in my 40's and what do you know I've found all of the 8st and more, and not only that but I'm now struggling to do things like walk up a hill and run for a bus which is a terrible state of affairs. I joined a weight loss club at work last summer and did manage to lose 2st and then stalled as it's too easy not to go. I have a bash at weight watchers and slimming world and found them too faffy for me and whilst lurking on this site notice the S&S diet in people's info, wondered what it was, did a bit of research and here I am.

So I started on Wed 25th, meaning I'm currently on day 4. had the odd headache and woozy-ness and hunger pang and now have the runs!!! I have been naughty and popped on the scales and am quite pleased so far.

The hardest thing for me will be to fit it round my social life, I go out a lot for food and drinks, I managed my first night last night on blackcurrant and soda water (naughty girl I know) but it was better than my usual litre of gin. I've declined an invitation out tonight (just as well really - considering the bum bum problems) and I'm out again on Sunday and I know I can't last on drinking just water so I might be lured by the blackcurrant again. (to be fair I did just have the one shot of cordial all night, and I thought it might contain less citric acid than lime)

Anyone who wants to comment, join me or give me advice is more than welcome, cos I could deffo do with some support, if not I'll just post away here talking to myself.......

Hi Spandex,

Thought I'd be first to say hello :)

I'm on day 16, all going ok so far :)I'll let more experienced s n savers give you advice as I'm a novice myself ;) oh do glug the water that's my one big word of wisdom lol

Will look forward to seeing your WI results and following your diary :)

I use nair facial hair removal cream as can get a bit of a tash at times, might be worth looking into :)

Good luck

'Owdo sliminthecity cheers for not letting me be a lone voice in the wilderness. Day 16 is no novice in my books! Not sure if I've got old lady beard or fat cow beard I normally just pluck or epilate but it seems to be growing at a phenomenal rate these days. How come you can look scrutinise yourself in the mirror for hours and there's not one scrap of facial hair to be seen and then the next day you resemble santa!

I want to read your diary :) LOL we in the same days too :)

Oo and I feel your pain on the bumbum issues too... Uggg!! It will pass, keep chuggin the water

Xx

welcome flower!

im 28 and have 3 rather persistent chin offenders of my own. hormones i suspect. shouldnt worry.

keep chugging the water, and TRY not to have cordials (more for the sugar which WILL take you out of ketosis) let me know if you want some science garb to read.

i do fizzy water or at a push diet coke when out... i drank diet coke doing atkins and was in ketosis, i suspect im one of the people citric acid doesnt affect. :)

Hi :) I'll read your diary-I'm nosey like that! I too, like SitC started 2 weeks ago, and have just finished day 16! An loving it so far, more than any other plan I've tried-I think the biggest thing for me is seeing the scales move quite quickly :) good luck x Jo x

waves ..i will be lurking aswell....week 3 here ...similiar start weight and age so will be interested to see how we compare etc....good luck...you wont need it though...you got this..

Morning everyone! Awww *blushes* I'm a little over-awed that anyone's even bothered to read my ramblings, never mind comment on them.

Well here I am at day 5 and I think I'm definately in ketosis. Why you don't ask? well let me tell ya....... if the olympics had catergories for eating and sleeping I'd be the world champ and guess what? I've lost my prowess in both sports. Last night I found the sleep front was dead tricky, very restless and took me ages to drop off. When I did finally get to sleep I was woken several times with the most horrendous thigh and calf cramps. I do tend to suffer from a lot from leg cramps and a little bit of restless leg syndrome but these were something else. I also seem to be licking and smacking my lips together a lot which is causing them to chap and my heart rate is really elevated I can actually feel it pounding in my throat. I have high blood pressure anyway so I might have to get this checked out. I'm high as a kite today, can't stop talking and have loads of energy, to be honest with you it feels as if I've taken something illegal I'm that euphoric.

I've had the oatmeal for breakfast omg how yum and had a good think about what I'm gonna order tomorrow for the next month. Luckily for me I'm only at work for 10 days between now and mid June (woo-hoo) so I don't have to have too many of the soups which I'm pretty pleased about cos I don't like them. We don't have a microwave at work so I can't do the meal options and a shake just doesn't appeal, I like me grub and I like it hot.

I went on the scales again this morning and had to rub my eyes cos I didn't believe it. I really do so want to stay off them til my first week's up but it's so hard not too. Honestly I'm crap at keeping surprises, I still go hunting under the kids beds to see what they've bought me for Christmas.

Thanks again everyone for your support, what you all doing today? I've prepped all the veggies for the family's Sunday lunch, I think I'l have cauliflower and mac cheese with some chicken breast and then after I finish the laundry and ironing I'm off out to see a band this afternoon - well that's the plan, if you catch me still lurking on here in a few hours time, you'll know I'm still sat on the sofa in my jim jams.

Oooh, let me know what the macaroni cheese is like - I did contemplate ordering some but it can be a funny thing at the best of times. I'm very happy with the chilli, could happily have that every day :)

Dirteewrongen said:
Oooh, let me know what the macaroni cheese is like - I did contemplate ordering some but it can be a funny thing at the best of times. I'm very happy with the chilli, could happily have that every day :)

I personally like the macaroni cheese, it's a bit like bachelors pasta and sauce, I add a tsp of bouillon to it, and a bit extra water, and cook it for a bit longer. I enjoy it with spinach and prawns, or with mushrooms and chicken x

Wicked thank you, I shall order some next time. The only meals I have tried are the chilli, tomato chilli and spicy spaghetti so if anyone has any recommendations.......

Hi Spandex, sounds like you're doing great! I always have crampex by the side of the bed just in case. Apparently cramps can be a side effect of vlcds xx

Dirteewrongen said:
Wicked thank you, I shall order some next time. The only meals I have tried are the chilli, tomato chilli and spicy spaghetti so if anyone has any recommendations.......

Mushroom pasta is lovely too-if you like mushrooms obv!

Lucky you having all that leave...oo bliss :) that will make things easier, although saying this, I found it so easy at the office, and less so at home over weekend (with kids munching magnums..eek!)

The porridge is lovely, I have been having the s&s one and the dietimeal maple one (same carbs,higher protein), nom, lovely, quite often fancy it in the evening also.

Hope you had a good day today...xx

psst.. I'm in on the no weighing till wednesday!! lets give ourselves a treat :)

290420122158.jpg

Well Dirtywrongen here is my dinner, cauli, swede chicken and macaroni cheese. I only wish I'd read Welshtigger's post before making it, yes it really does need more water than the instructions say and it was really really salty, not unpleasant but I don't think I'd like to have it on it's own. It's a little bit like monterey jack cheese, I might put a put of chilli in it next time to give it a different taste oh and yes it needs to be cooked longer cos the pasta was a bit hard. I'm as full as a gun now. Fancy a bit of chocolate though which I often do after big meals, but I'm gonna hang on and see if the craving goes and if not I'm going to have a coffee with sweetner.

It's poring down with rain here so I've abandoned the pub and band idea, however I am pleased to say that I have managed to change out of the jim jams - ha. Still feeling a bit hyper so I might have a pop on the wii fit for a bit.

I've just done my tesco shop and ordered some boullion, multi-vits, a shaker bottle, powdered gelatin, plenty of veg and fish so I feel all ready for the month ahead. I'm gonna see if I can get an early finish from work tomorrow (I've got a nerve I know!) and see if I can get some crampex - thanks for the tip Ilikepencils.

Right then Rebakah....no Weigh til Wed it is then!

I'm being good :)

I found the macaroni nice over veggies. Don't think I could eat it alone. May do it over greens during the week

Have a chilled evenin x

a chilled evening? I wish I'm still bouncing round like tigger! Just realised I can access this site on my phone, you'll never be rid of me now lol. Busy scoffing a maple fruits bar ooh yes please they are lovely much nicer than truffa. Have yourself a super evening all i'm going to paint my nails and watch silent witness.

Spandex said:
a chilled evening? I wish I'm still bouncing round like tigger! Just realised I can access this site on my phone, you'll never be rid of me now lol. Busy scoffing a maple fruits bar ooh yes please they are lovely much nicer than truffa. Have yourself a super evening all i'm going to paint my nails and watch silent witness.

Maple fruits bar?? What's that? Is it a s&s one? x

Back