Spanx - anyone tried them?

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I'm thinking of buying some as I'm going out in a couple of weeks and want to wear a top that's slightly too tight at the moment!

Has anyone tried them and do you really not get the muffin top?

Are they easy to put on and take off? I'll be out drinking so if I'm somewhat pished will I be able to go to the loo??! LOL!

Also, I'm on the cusp of sizes so should I go for the lower size seeing as in a few weeks I'll probably be that weight?

Hi! I usually post in Slim Fast but saw your Spanx question.

I invested in a pair last year and they're quite amazing. The ones I bought go right up to your bra, so definitely no muffin top. I'd recommend going for the bigger size anyway, as it will probably do as good a job of holding you in. I've heard someone say that getting a friend in to hers on her wedding day was a group effort but I've had no problem getting mine on or off. And found it perfectly comfortable when I had it on!

This is the one I bought: Spanx® Higher Power from My Tights

Reactions: Fea
I have the rolling down issue with other things but because the Spanx I have goes right over the lovely roll of fat I store on my belly, it doesn't roll down. I think other tights/big pants finish half way up the roll so the waistband sits on the widest bit of me.

I have some and I think they are great!
I would say it depends on where you carry your fat!
For me, I am pear shaped, and have a fairly small (in comparison) waist so they are fine. However, I recommended them to a work colleague and she is apple shaped and so they didn't work well for her.
They definitely pull everything in, stop the wobblys and give you a nice smooth outline.

I got a pair of these and I would have needed an army of people to get me into them. I am sure if you get them on they work, but I never got that far and they are in the back of a drawer now. They are great for fun factor though as it was hilarious trying to get them over my thighs :)

I have what looks like a big tube like a dress rather than shorts, it goes right from the top of my bra down to my thighs, it's amazing, no moving now rolling down. it was hmmmm.... interesting getting it on, but definatly worth it.

I LOVE mine!! I have to say, I tried the T&S ones and they weren't half as good as the spanx, but that's on me, they might be ok for you! I've got the 'Higher Power' ones.

Mine are a bit of a struggle to get on, but they are really comfy to wear. They hold me in from under the bust to the thigh and there's no spillage at all, and no rolling either. I am an apple shape, with a biiig old belly, and they suck me in at my worst bit, and smooth me out, and hold everything firm.
They do take a bit of getting used to but once you do, there's no going back IMO. They're not great under trousers, cos the leg bit sometimes shows a line on my thigh, but I can get away with it.

Hope you enjoy your new undies! (They aren't sexy tho!)

fabby pants they are...
mine make a BIG diff...but its getting them off is the prob...espec with my bladder! too much info i know but be warned!!! xxxx

I've never heard of them but have just googled them. My other half would kill me if he caught me wearing something like that!

Haha i have a pair that are like a full body suit so they have straps and go down to the knee they are great absolutely no rolling and hold me in fab and they do actually have a little relief hole in them theyre fab i got em from matalan aaagggees ago for about £8.00 xx

My other half just laughs at the thought of my relief hole lol when ive got em on, must say its a bit strange when u first try them but it is a life saver on a night out xx

These are on sale in evans Stacey if you havent got them yet, i got myself a pair just after xmas, but only if u order them online!
normally 50, i got mine for 25!!!!

Back