Sparkling_Fairy's weight loss diary - A New Beginning

Well, I lost just 1lb this week. Have to say that I should be satisfied I lost anything at all!

London was ok. But I didn't get to drink as much water as I should have, and I had large gulps when I had time and then nothing for hours.
Everywhere around me was food. They were selling food at all the stalls outside, 'cause around Christmas time they just pop up everywhere. And every day I was like: no no no, just go on!
But I caved on the last day. THE LAST DAY!!!
I had a meal and I don't even regret it, 'cause I enjoyed every bite of it! And then when I arrived back in Ireland on Sunday it has snowed so hard, that it took me nearly twice the time to get home. And I was starving, so I bought a sandwich on the way.
Calorie wise, I didn't over do it, 'cause I walked so much in London, I well burned my 600 calories and I think I even burned off that one meal.
But carb wise, I definitely ate quite a few. And that must have stopped me from losing weight.

I was 100% yesterday and I'm hoping to be back in ketosis by Thursday. Then it's just one more week of TS as next week is my AAM week. And then I'm going to slowly ease my way into eating full time, coming up to Christmas.

I should hold on to the fact that I'm at my lowest weight in 4 years and that my favourite pair of jeans fit me comfortably again, and I haven't worn them in years 'cause they were too tight.
Looking ahead!

Love, Jas xXx

I caved!!!
Today they had chocolate, mince pies, cake and brownies in work. And it's prob gonna be that way all through Christmas.
Grrr, and I was so good all week after my week in London.
Decided I might as well have lunch too then, although I stuck to chicken drumsticks and yoghurt. Not much good it'll do me after that chocolate though, haha!

Going to Dublin this weekend. This diet is hard combined with a social life!
I'm gonna be good in Dubs though. I need to be! I've lost nearly half the weight I want to, so I can't give up now.
And my company Christmas Party is in 1 week, so I need to stick with it.
Come on!!!

Well, had my WI yesterday and stayed the same.
I'm actually surprised, with all the crap I ate.

I can't seem to get back into it. I'm trying to add a meal a day, to build up the Christmas party, but I can't seem to stop picking on little snacks.
Any advice?

well done for staying the same. what i did some days for adding the meal was made myself up a platter of things like chicken, cheese, lettuce and i would pick at it throughout the day. ;)

not sure what cheese we are allowed! i always had reduced fat cheddar cheese. a piece the size of a matchbox and chopped it up in to small pieces. but as i say im not sure we are allowed it. but it worked for me. i am also a grazer rather than sit down and eat it all at once ;)

Well, I'm not worried about ketosis 'cause I haven't been in ketosis all week.
I'm just worried more about the calories. But yeah, a small piece shouldn't matter.
Great idea, thanks! I think I'll make myself a picking plate from tomorrow :)

Id love to give you some advice but Id need to be able to take it myself as well. For me Im just taking it a day at a time. If I fall on the wagon I just try to get back on it again next day. Hasnt worked so far mind you, lol.

I feel your pain. I'm gonna try so hard to be 100% today and tomorrow. I ordered a dress for our Christmas party online, and it hasn't arrived yet. But I want to make sure I fit into it.
Must Not Fail.

Hang in there Joanne!

Sooooooooooooo, I'm back!
I stopped in the 2nd week of December and went back on normal food.
After an entire month (including a very tasty Christmas and New Years) I gained 5lbs.
Not too bad I think. About half of what I lost.
I'm starting again today. Just had my first half a pack of soup and man, I missed that taste!!!
I'm so eager to get back into it. I want to detox, get rid once again of my migraines, and I have nothing coming up in between now to stop me. So I'm gonna keep going until I lost all my weight.
I have about 1 stone left to lose.
So let's do it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks girls. Good to be back :D
I should actually keep posting when I go off the rails, 'cause that's when I need a kick up the ass the most. But I'm always too ashamed :sigh:

I need a big kick up the arse! I did it again. I fell off the wagon and abandoned this forum, because I was just too embarassed.
But I looked at the scales this morning, and burst out into tears. I gained back the 10lbs I lost.
I feel so disgusted with myself.

So I'm wiping away my tears, clearing my signature and starting fresh tomorrow. I'm gonna ignore comments at work and tell myself all the time what I know works for me.

I think one of the biggest motivations, is that I've developed a crush on a guy at work. And while I know he likes me, I won't have the guts to ask him out until I feel good about myself.

So here's to a new me!
I'll aim for 5lbs in week 1, since I don't tend to lose more, so if I aim for 10lbs I'll only end up being disappointed.

But I know I can't do it alone. I'll need all the support I can get
:sign0009:

very good luck from somone who falls offmore often than she's on (the proverbial wagon ) maybe this time will be our time ..... although ami right in thinking you're not far off goal?

No, that's true. I'm not. I won't know for sure how much until I weight myself tomorrow morning.
But it seems to take me as long as anyone else, because I tend to lose about 3lbs a week on this diet.

I'm going to try some excercise with it this time around, to see if I can speed up the weight loss

Back