Specifics - Non-fat Dairy products allowed on Dukan

Winnie C

I am CONFUSED - :confused: (doesn't take much)

Please could somebody answer some questions for me - I would be REALLY grateful

• Is Total the only 0% fat yoghurt - are there any other brands that are Dukan approved ???
  • Are there any particular brands of fat free fromage frais ??
  • Same for cottage cheese- any particular brands - does it have to be 0% fat ??
  • Also it does say that I can flavour with vanilla - does that mean I can use vanilla essence ?

Thanks in advance

I am CONFUSED - :confused: (doesn't take much)

Please could somebody answer some questions for me - I would be REALLY grateful

• Is Total the only 0% fat yoghurt - are there any other brands that are Dukan approved ???
  • Yes it is or find the lowest supermarket brand one you can, many of us make our own.
  • Are there any particular brands of fat free fromage frais ??
  • never found a fat free one myself so again check the labels of supermarket ones to find the lowest fat & watch out for sugars
  • Same for cottage cheese- any particular brands - does it have to be 0% fat ??
  • again no such thing as fat free.... lowest ive found are tesco value or asda smart price
  • Also it does say that I can flavour with vanilla - does that mean I can use vanilla essence ?
  • yes vanilla essence is fine as are other flavours as long as they are alchhol free & oil free... however the small amount used is negliable. sugar free jelly christals are also great for flavouring yoghurts etc

Thanks in advance

hope this helps

Don't worry about the alcohol content of shop bought vanilla essence, you use such a neglible amount it really isn't an issue. The oil content only seems to be an issue in non-vanilla flavours....orange and I think almond...but I've used both on occasion - again as you're using such a small amount it's not a worry

The dukan shop sells flavourings which are advocated by Dr. D himself and they contain Propylene glycol and ethyl alcohol, both of which are alcohol substances, the vanilla essence I've got contains only 1 type of alcohol and it's a less hazardous one than propylene x

a BIG thankyou to ellie1969 & alottolose XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello nuisance me again :)

Can I have Kraft extra light philadelphia / I think they also do an extra extra light version of it - the extra light is 5% fat not too sure about the extra extra light ?? Are any of these allowed ?? X

not allowed in attack im afraid

Oh Boooooooooooo !! :)

However on pg 39 of the Dukan Diet Life Plan book "what can you eat in Phase 1"
It does list extra-light cream cheese with the dairy products ???

............. what is weird is that there is absolutely no mention of cream cheese being allowed anywhere else in the book ?????

Quark is the only acceptable cream cheese, its nice when flavoured with garlic and pepper

Thank you x

That's ok izzymum I have it sweetened daily and match the flavour to my muffins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will try both of those :)

It is good to be interesting x

I have bought fat free fromage frais, it must have been either tesco or waitrose own make I don't know which as i shop at both stores, and don't bother to buy it anymore, i make my own nf yoghurt and just substitute that for any recipe that calls for fromage frais or quark and have no problems.

Back